PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see this on AVSIM?

Navy Chief
November 17th, 2013, 06:16
Wondered if it is worthwhile trying? There's so many "guides" out there to make FSX smoother, better, etc...

<tbody>
Category: Flight Simulator X - Utilities (http://library.avsim.net/index.php?CatID=fsxutil)

New!
Graphic Realism and FSX Optimization

http://library.avsim.net/images/ZipDive.png (http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=180959)
http://library.avsim.net/images/Download.png (http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=180959)

</tbody>

File Description:
The add-ons configuration step by step
Not configured FSX is a pain in the neck for many people. A small number
of fps and frequent CTD (crash to desktop) can be extremely annoying or
even depressing to some users. A lot of you probably came to a
conclusion that it was going to be a losing battle and you gave up after
a few fruitless days or you spent money on the FSPS-XTREME FSX PC V2
program, which can automatically do practically everything for us. But
what's the point of spending money on something that we can do by
ourselves with the help of this handbook?
I myself was dealing with the FSX platform three times before I gave up
FS9. Microsoft gave out the engine to us, but in order to make sense,
our passion involves radical tuning of the device. On the ground of
one's own experience and thousands of hours devoted by people to diving
into the core of the platform, I'll present a way of installation,
add-ons selection and their configuration starting from the installation
of the system. Having done the procedures described below, FSX will
look beautiful and it'll work smoothly even with challenging sceneries.
The entirety is based on quite a popular hardware configuration, which
will let us use 85% of the graphic potential of Microsoft Flight
Simulator X. We want t to achieve the goal of minimum 25 fps in VC B738
PMDG NGX, with challenging sceneries, flying in the window mode. For the
mode the full screen efficiency should reach 33 fps.
In this handbook, I'm neither going to describe each and every change
made in cfg nor explain what the alterations are to conduce. You will be
given a simple and ready recipe which I use myself. I can't guarantee a
100% satisfaction for the poorer equipment computers. I can assure you,
however, that FSX will definitely work so much better and playing with
FSX sliders or with the size of textures in REX you will be able to
obtain the desired effect.

<tbody>

Filename:

guide_optimimalization_fsx_en_v3.21.zip

License:

Freeware, limited distribution

Added:

15th November 2013, 20:33:26

Downloads:

Author:

Grzegorz Trzoch

</tbody>

stovall
November 17th, 2013, 07:14
Thanks NC, always interested is someones advice on making our equipment work at maximum efficiency. What I have now works very well but there are times and places that still give me problems. Appreciate the heads up.

Dumonceau
November 17th, 2013, 07:21
Thanks Chief!!

falcon409
November 17th, 2013, 09:03
Notice that he says ". . . . .starting from the installation of the system. . . .". Just like Nick's NVidia tweaks, the results he reports "may" rely on the simmer taking his FSX installation and starting over from scratch. Installing addons his way, setting various components his way. I know from being here for a long time that many simmers have a specific way they load, store, swap out their addons, like aircraft, scenery, weather utilities, textures, mesh, etc. The thought (for some) that they would need to deviate from their "system" to his might cause hyperventilating and possible hospitalization, lol. A comical way of saying, not a lot of people will want to strip down to the basics and start over on the off chance that they "may or may not" see any improvement. I applaud him for taking the initiative to put this together, but the things he describes that caused him to look for a solution are things I never experienced going from FS9 to FSX (well maybe the low fps, lol). The things that I did have a problem with were more related to the antique I was running the program on, than the actual program.

Gee, there I have critiqued his manual without even reading a single line. Pretty good huh? lol. . . .By all means try it, but if he does, in fact, want you to start over from scratch. . .you might want to weigh the options and see if it's worth doing with no guarantee of any significant changes.

Naismith
November 17th, 2013, 13:24
Nothing in this that cannot be found in Kostas or Nick's guides. It's very Nvidea centric too. Not much good for us AMD fools. :-)

expat
November 18th, 2013, 07:44
Have to agree with you guys. I very recently built a new rig and followed the "Nick Manual." He is quite negative on tweaks in whole or in part to the fsx.cfg. The problem I have when someone serves up a whole new fsx.cfg is I don't know or can't remember what things in my working one need to be carried over and only find out later something is missing or not right. If someone just offers edits, I am more inclined to experiment but can change back to what I know worked previously without too much bother.