PDA

View Full Version : F4F-3 Wildcats Wake Island

bub
November 16th, 2013, 17:39
Hi All,
I found this the other day and did some "retouching". This is one of the remaining four Wildcats on Wake Island. There are three others. If anyone is interested I'll get them uploaded. Its another part of my rebuilding process. These are for The B24 Guys F4F-3 Wildcat.
Thanks,
Bub

Talon
November 16th, 2013, 17:57
Outstanding work as always Bub

bub
November 16th, 2013, 19:36
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. If you need any Sabre or Panther skins for your Korea endeavor, let me know. I've gor a whole "airport" full of 'em.
Bub

Talon
November 16th, 2013, 20:47
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. If you need any Sabre or Panther skins for your Korea endeavor, let me know. I've gor a whole "airport" full of 'em.
Bub

Thanks Bub.

Right now the only jet fighter I'm using is the F-80 ( your skin ).All the others are prop planes.This campaign is only done to late July so far and the F-86 didn't see action until after November.So I have long way to go before it gets used.

As for the Panther I released a USN Korea campaign with it Corsairs and Skyraiders a few months ago.Eventually I may need some USMC skins for it but that's down the road.

Shadow Wolf 07
November 17th, 2013, 06:48
...for your beautiful work.

bub
November 19th, 2013, 14:16
Hi All,
Here's the #10 all done. I just have to finish the other three and I'll get them uploaded. There will be some extra textures and a new dp and cfg file. Hope to get them in the mix soon. Again, thanks for all your support.
Bub

Worthless
November 19th, 2013, 15:41
Thanks Bub....they look great. Can't wait to try them out on my F4F-3.

bub
November 24th, 2013, 11:43
Hi All,
Sorry for the delay on these Wildcats. I found some "errors" and had to fix them. If you look at the last screenshots and this current one, you'll see the difference. I'll get these packaged up and uploaded in the next day or so.
Thanks again,
Bub

Blood_Hawk23
November 24th, 2013, 21:32
don't you hate when the details don't line up.

bub
November 25th, 2013, 08:08
B_H,
Drives me crazy. I would fix one thing and another would pop up. Well, all the fixes are done, and it should be "correct" within the limitations of the model. Hope to have it in the mix today or tomorrow.
Bub

Blood_Hawk23
November 25th, 2013, 11:12
my PSP has a bad habit of cutting the bottom off of cut images. so i know the feeling when you have to go back and fix things like that.

bub
November 25th, 2013, 15:18
B_H,
It's not the one's I can't always control that drive me crazy, it's the one's where I just plain out and out screw up and have to go back and fix them. Somehow I deleted all the "r" textures and had to recreate all of them. Sometimes I just need a good swift kick. Or, pay attention more.
Bub

Fibber
November 26th, 2013, 15:05
....I was just in my local library and they had the book "Left to die.." The story of the men at Wake Island. In it were some close-up pictures taken by the Japanese, after the fall of Wake, of the wrecked F4F Wildcats piled on a beach.

bub
November 27th, 2013, 03:49
Fibber,
I have this photo and one of a shot up Wildcat on the beach. I found some other info which I used, along with this pic, to paint up these aircraft. I think I got it right. If not, it is what it is.
Thanks for your input,
Bub

Fibber
November 27th, 2013, 05:29
..........that is the same photo I saw. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!

bub
November 27th, 2013, 11:28
Fibber,
And to you and yours, Happy Thanksgiving.
Bub

bub
November 27th, 2013, 12:03
Hi All,
Just uploaded the Wake Wildcats. They are for The B24 Guys F4F-3 Wildcat OH. Please read the ReadMe's as there are some extras and some other important stuff. Thanks to everyone for their support and a Happy Thanksgiving to All!
Bub

bub
November 27th, 2013, 14:45
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/803713855857872564.JPG
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Hi all,

These repaints represent the four surviving Wildcats of VMF-211 in the defense of Wake Island. They were in the air during the inital attack which destroyed or damaged the other eight.

Please read all the ReadMe's as there are some extras included.

Thanks and have fun,

Bub

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RM_F4F-3 Wildcats Wake Island.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=17779&catid=57)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

kelticheart
November 28th, 2013, 00:42
Lovely repaints, Bub!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Happy Thanksgiving!
KH :ernaehrung004:

bub
November 28th, 2013, 03:58
Thanks Kelti, and a Happy Turkey Day to you and yours. I hope you don't mind me putting your props in with these repaints. Its just that the aircraft isn't complete without one of your prop textures.

Bub

Rami
November 28th, 2013, 09:49
Bub,

Your repaints are outstanding, thank you for all of your hard work! :saturn:

gaucho_59
November 29th, 2013, 13:27
Thanks Kelti, and a Happy Turkey Day to you and yours. I hope you don't mind me putting your props in with these repaints. Its just that the aircraft isn't complete without one of your prop textures.

Bub

I downloaded this one... but there are no model config. files... used the ones from the 24guy... and the model does not show at all...
do you have an appropriate model config.?

Blood_Hawk23
November 29th, 2013, 18:24
I downloaded this one... but there are no model config. files... used the ones from the 24guy... and the model does not show at all...
do you have an appropriate model config.?

its not a complete aircraft. only the repaint and some extras. I think it will need the OH wildcat. then add the aircaft CFG and textures to that.

UncleTgt
December 1st, 2013, 09:10
The -3 was done as a complete stand alone a/c by the B24 Guy (for ease of install)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=52&id=13980 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=52&id=13980)

gaucho_59
December 1st, 2013, 10:58
The -3 was done as a complete stand alone a/c by the B24 Guy (for ease of install)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=52&id=13980 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=52&id=13980)

I had the B24 Guy's in my CFS2... so I put the Wake textures (redone by me) on it as an extra texture and it works fine...
Thanks all for the advise...
Cheers...
(I redid the 2D panel... posted it in my 2004 thread... if anyone wants the bmp... just PM me).