PDA

View Full Version : Non-Combustion Sound

WarHorse47
November 7th, 2013, 12:58
Okay. I'm looking for an answer to this one. It's starting to drive me nuts.

Since flying in FSX, I've noticed this weird sound after shutdown. After landing, taxi and parking, I do a complete shutdown of the engine, avionics, etc. After a few seconds I hear this ugly sound like a broken dishwasher.

In looking at the sound.cfg with FS Sound Studio, I narrowed down the cause to the Non-Combustion sound entry. This is not just with freeware, but with payware as well.

First, why would anyone would add this sound?

Second, why is it I never hear it when there is a cold startup - but only after a complete shutdown (I think)?

Third, what key command (other than Q) is needed to shut down ALL sounds on an aircraft?

Fourth, how can it be disabled short of editing the sound.cfg file (which is what I've been doing from time to time)?

Anybody got any ideas as to why it is so trendy to add this sound??

Going deaf as it is -- WH

dandog
November 7th, 2013, 17:09
I have on occasion heard the sound of what appears to be a dishwasher full of dishes being dropped from about 15 feet. Very unnerving sound, but usually ignored it and moved on. Why such a sound exists in FSX is beyond me!

falcon409
November 7th, 2013, 17:29
Do what I do, lol. . . .hunt down the offending wav file and delete it or rename it.