PDA

View Full Version : Navion paint kit query

pivo11
November 7th, 2013, 10:32
G'day,

Ya know, the Navion is beyond compare. Not only do you get a carefully modeled airplane but you get a fine layered paint kit as well. That don't happen every day, ya know it? So, huzzah to y'all once again.

Now then. As good as the paint kit is, I can not seem to find the door handles on the port side. I also seem to be missing an antenna on the top of the cabin. No doubt I am missing the obvious, as is often the case, so if someone could help me out, it would a fine thing, so it would.

The small bluish circles highlight the parts I can't find.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/pivo11/dh_zps4a3a13bb.jpg

Thanks again to the LDR team and especially to Rachael for the excellent paint kit.

Cheers,
Fritz

Firekitten
November 7th, 2013, 13:19
Those are chrome parts... and the 'antenna' on top is the cockpit canopy handle... :P you open it with that :P

Basically those parts aren't paintable.. they're a chrome texture which is universal to all chrome parts, you can paint it, but it will effect all the chrome on the aircraft... struts, the works...

And before you ask, the cockpit air vent on the side is mapped but mirrored... same on both sides... a space issue and one we deemed not entirely necessary as usually its the same on both sides.

pivo11
November 7th, 2013, 22:40
Ok, got it, thanks much. A handle, eh? Now why didn't I think of that?

Cheers,
Fritz

Firekitten
November 8th, 2013, 01:01
Cos most aeroplanes don't have the door on the roof duh. :salute::salute:

pivo11
November 8th, 2013, 01:58
Very true, very true.

Cheers,