PDA

View Full Version : Texas!

PRB
November 3rd, 2013, 11:13
The flyover for both the Nationwide and cup race was from some outfit called the Cavanaugh Flight Museum (http://www.cavanaughflightmuseum.com/). Only learned that on today's flyover, when I heard the track broadcaster say it in the background. FiFi is there! So is the CFM part of the CAF or what? Cool flyover in any case. C-47, T-6, T-34, P-40. Nice! Oh, hope the 20 comes out of this race with the points lead...

Daveroo
November 3rd, 2013, 17:51
wasnt the flyover for the cup race the C-47,4 AT-6,a skyraider and the P-40 following?...i had thought id seen the T-34s the day before..but we stopped the dvr and looked...could have sworn it was a skyraider

PRB
November 4th, 2013, 08:32
There were definately T-34s for the Nationwide race, and maybe for the cup race as well. Saw the P-40 for the cup race. In both races the formation was led by a C-47. T-6s in the cup race too.

Panther_99FS
November 4th, 2013, 14:48
Funny how we're not talking about the race itself! :icon_lol:

Daveroo
November 4th, 2013, 18:19
was there a race?............i musta missed it..........:icon_eek:

EasyEd
November 4th, 2013, 20:25
Hey All,

Jimmie sure had a car didn't he. Hopefully Phoenix and Homestead treat him as well. He needs to get back to winning. Once he gets 8 (I bet he wants 9 for Chad to beat Dale) he is the greatest wheelman/driver ever. :mixedsmi: Jon Force doesn't count.

-Ed-

Panther_99FS
November 5th, 2013, 04:41
Absolutely EasyEd
Jimmie is on top of his game....Going to be tough for Kenseth to keep up.

As for exciting NASCAR racing, I'm with Cazzie.....Back to the trucks....:pop4: