PDA

View Full Version : Jim Dhaenens KNKX Mirimar Question?

dougal
November 3rd, 2013, 09:47
Can anyone remember how to get rid of the extra control tower that shows up in the great Jim Dhaenens KNKX Mirimar scenery?

Cheers

paiken
November 3rd, 2013, 09:56
A few pounds of C4 should do the trick.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

dougal
November 3rd, 2013, 10:19
A few pounds of C4 should do the trick.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Yeh, i gotta admit, it made me smile too;-)

Obie311
November 4th, 2013, 07:23
Where is the 2nd tower? I don't remember seeing but one. Are you sure there isn't another AFCAD active somewhere? I'd do a file search in your FSX and addon scenery for "KNKX" and see if you turn up another AFCAD.

sepp666
November 4th, 2013, 12:23
Hello dougal95,
have you got MegaSceneryX Southern California?
I don't remember very well, but I think it was the causer...:ques:

dougal
November 5th, 2013, 04:47
Hello dougal95,
have you got MegaSceneryX Southern California?
I don't remember very well, but I think it was the causer...:ques:

Yes I do, couldn't sim in CA without it;) Cant see another afcad though. the two towers are right next to each other. Would love to fix this.

paiken
November 5th, 2013, 05:20
I ran into a similar issue when creating Scottsdale Airport. I have Megascenery X Phoenix installed, and Megascenery likes to place unusual bgl files that can create chaos if you try to build scenery on top of it. I was eventually able to find the offending file and delete it (make sure you have a backup, just in case). It wasn't a big file, and as far as I could tell it just added an extra tower to Scottsdale even though it wasn't identified as belonging to that airport. Drove me nuts until I was able to figure it out.

dougal
November 5th, 2013, 05:33
I ran into a similar issue when creating Scottsdale Airport. I have Megascenery X Phoenix installed, and Megascenery likes to place unusual bgl files that can create chaos if you try to build scenery on top of it. I was eventually able to find the offending file and delete it (make sure you have a backup, just in case). It wasn't a big file, and as far as I could tell it just added an extra tower to Scottsdale even though it wasn't identified as belonging to that airport. Drove me nuts until I was able to figure it out.

ok thanks. not looking forward to looking for it... there's half a kazilion bgl files;-)

sepp666
November 5th, 2013, 07:27
Look at this thread, there are some tips: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?73038-MCAS-Miramar-%28Mitscher-Field%29-is-Available/page2&highlight=knkx

dougal
November 5th, 2013, 07:45
Look at this thread, there are some tips: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?73038-MCAS-Miramar-%28Mitscher-Field%29-is-Available/page2&highlight=knkx

Ah! Brilliant! Many thanks !!!

Obie311
November 5th, 2013, 07:49
Likely a Mega Scenery issue then since I am running Blue Sky and don't have the double tower.

sepp666
November 5th, 2013, 09:04
Ah! Brilliant! Many thanks !!!

My pleasure!