PDA

View Full Version : FSTramp Update

falcon409
November 2nd, 2013, 14:55
This may be old news, but I thought it worth posting anyway just in case. FSTramp has been updated to ver5.2. Cities, Roads and railways have been incorporated as well as inland waterways and a few other things. According to the author, this completes the basic map. Everything from this point on will involve navigational upgrades, woohoo. Looking forward to being able to drag n' drop airports to set up flight plans.

www.fstramp.com

Navy Chief
November 2nd, 2013, 15:48
I must really be out of the loop. I have never heard of FSTramp. NC

Tako_Kichi
November 2nd, 2013, 15:57
If you remember FS Nav for FS2004 then FS Tramp is the FSX equivalent basically. Been under development for a while and looks like it's coming along nicely. Time to update mine I think.

falcon409
November 2nd, 2013, 16:07
I must really be out of the loop. I have never heard of FSTramp. NC
It's the FSX equivalent of FSNav (same author). Released around this time last year.

"Shoot", Larry beat me to it, lol.

jschall
February 9th, 2014, 05:52
Note the last line:

"
<tbody>
Changes in version 5.3:

While in previous versions of the program only out-of-date data from FSX scenery could be used, this new version contains updated data for waypoints, airways and IFR airport procedures (SIDs, STARs, Approaches).
Regular updating these data can be done via your usual AIRAC cycles supplier. Send him an e-mail to ask for data to be used with FSTramp.
Display of different traffic regions and areas, and the way in which these are recognised by the mouse have been modified.
The map now shows movements of near-by shipping.

Later upgrades will gradually move FSTramp towards the function of Flight Planning. "

</tbody>

falcon409
February 9th, 2014, 06:08
Yep. . .that's the update I'm really looking forward to (flight planning).:jump:

Daveroo
February 9th, 2014, 06:49
im not sure i understand what this actually is ,but does it work with FTX global?

falcon409
February 9th, 2014, 07:34
Daveroo, it's the FSX version of FSNav, minus the Flight Planning option. It's a moving map that loads with FSX and shows up in the "Addons" dropdown menu in the sim. It will display any flightplan done with the FSX Flight Planner, gives vital info for all airports, displays waterways, mountain ranges, AI aircraft, Multiplayer aircraft and now, shipping AI as well (watercraft).

strikehawk
February 11th, 2014, 16:21
In regard to the display of ship traffic, it will display an AI carrier icon. Said icon is a grey approximation of a ship but it does not display any info in the "whats up" window. Thats the field that shows either AI or multi-player traffic. This feature is great when flying out to a boat, especially at night or in bad to marginal weather.