PDA

View Full Version : Please make it stop!

PrivateCustard
November 2nd, 2013, 13:57
"Auckland Airport information whiskey......."

It won't bloody stop. I'm trying to enjoy just a little blast in the Hawk, but this constantly repeating announcement is totally doing my head in!

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2831/v9uf.jpg

It didn't do this last time I was here. Why now? Is there any way to totally disable the green bar at the top entirely?

Flyboy208
November 2nd, 2013, 14:15
If you have not done so already, hit the ` key and tune in the local tower or request flight following, this should do the trick ... Mike :wavey:

StormILM
November 2nd, 2013, 14:16
Find your radio panel and switch the comms frequency. ATIS will disappear

PrivateCustard
November 3rd, 2013, 10:41
Cheers for the advice guys :)

But, no amount of comm fiddling would stop it, so I shut down the sim, deleted my saved flight and then started again. It hasn't happened since. I'll just put it down to FSX doing what it does best.....being weird!!

Dangerousdave26
November 3rd, 2013, 11:42
If it happened with a saved flight it was probably FSX being wonky.

It has difficulty in resetting variables when using saved flights especially if the original flight was started with another airplane.

I flew the Flight Replica's Ultra Cub from Alaska to Florida. Sometime along the way I found I could not tune to any Radio frequencies. The only way to fix it was to start a fresh flight from the last airport I landed at.

Landman
November 3rd, 2013, 14:42
Sometimes when you fly an aircraft equipped with two radios where the comm 2 is set to ATIS or some other active frequency and your audio selector is set to both, then you switch to a different aircraft with only one radio you will still hear the traffic on the frequency that was set on the comm 2 of the plane you are no longer using. And since the plane you are now using has only one radio you can't change the frequency or deselect 'both'. Check and see if this is the problem. If so just switch to a plane with two radios, set the audio selector to comm 1 and switch back to the plane you want to use.

PrivateCustard
November 5th, 2013, 10:44
Cheers Landman, I'll keep that in mind :)