PDA

View Full Version : Milton's AT-11 Kansan

WarHorse47
October 31st, 2013, 07:13
One of my favorite aircraft is the AT-11 Kansan by Milton Shupe. After copying my FS9 install over to FSX and getting things setup, I'm running into a couple issues I can't figure out. :isadizzy:

When selecting the Kansan from the aircraft menu, it seems to take forever to load. Once the aircraft is displayed in the view screen, it seems to take awhile before the aircraft starts to rotate (and ready to load in the flight). Once loaded it looks and flies great, and has the various tweaks I brought over from FS9 such as the Shockwave lights. After closing the flight, it again seems to take awhile before loading the aircraft selection menu so I can exit FSX. :mix-smi:

I don't seem to have this issue with other FS9 portovers. I'm not sure if its related to the models, textures or gauges. I'm using the DXT3 textures without mips, and see no difference in loading. I've also played around with the panel files and removed the 2D panels to see if it makes any difference, but again no difference in loading times.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this happens or perhaps any ideas on what can be done to reduce the load and unload times. Just curious. Thanks in advance.