PDA

View Full Version : TAC PAC questions.......

Navy Chief
October 30th, 2013, 12:24
I have had TAC PAC since it was released, but have never even tried using it. Now that Dino has released his latest Tomcat version that allows use of TAC PAC, I may give it a try.

Two questions: 1. Is the setting up, and use of TAC PAC difficult? 2. If I fire ordnance with TAC PAC, is it visible to others on multiplayer if they do NOT have TAC PAC? Thanks, NC

gradyhappyg
October 30th, 2013, 12:55
1. No. If you print out the key commands and give their Wiki page a quick run through.( http://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/TacPack_Documentation )

2. Think so but as I don't do multiplayer won't swear to it.

airattackimages
October 30th, 2013, 16:08
As far as I'm aware nobody will see your ordnance if they do not also have the TacPack.

Dino Cattaneo
October 30th, 2013, 16:49
IMHO:

1) Setup is quite easy, but you may need to reassign your joystick buttons to make room for the pickle and trigger.
Also, remember to assign pickle and trigger to joystick buttons (I believe by defult they are assigned to the keyboard).

2) No (but). You can fly in multiplayer with users who do not have the tacpack. They will see ordnance hanging from you plane (as static, hanging weapons are part of the "regular" model) but will not see the wapons fire (they will just disappear). And of course, there is no effect whatsoever on other players that do not have the TP.

BR

Dino

Navy Chief
October 30th, 2013, 17:56
IMHO:

1) Setup is quite easy, but you may need to reassign your joystick buttons to make room for the pickle and trigger.
Also, remember to assign pickle and trigger to joystick buttons (I believe by defult they are assigned to the keyboard).

2) No (but). You can fly in multiplayer with users who do not have the tacpack. They will see ordnance hanging from you plane (as static, hanging weapons are part of the "regular" model) but will not see the wapons fire (they will just disappear). And of course, there is no effect whatsoever on other players that do not have the TP.

BR

Dino

thanks Dino! Your aircraft are fantastic! NC

Daube
October 31st, 2013, 02:30
One more remark: if you have the TacPac "since it was released", then the archives on your disk, for the Super Hornet and TacPac, are probably too old. If you install them, you probably won't be able to activate.

I hope some other members will be able to confirm this, but I believe you should first try to redownload the most recent updates of the installers themselves from the VRS forums.

Navy Chief
October 31st, 2013, 03:25
One more remark: if you have the TacPac "since it was released", then the archives on your disk, for the Super Hornet and TacPac, are probably too old. If you install them, you probably won't be able to activate.

I hope some other members will be able to confirm this, but I believe you should first try to redownload the most recent updates of the installers themselves from the VRS forums.

Much appreciated; I would not have thought about that. Fortunately I FINALLY got organized enough to save all my email receipts for Payware in one location! NC