PDA

View Full Version : New PC, FSX install, and FTX Global.....

Odie
October 27th, 2013, 11:59
Spent 4 hours yesterday installing FSX/Acceleration on my new gaming rig. I did a basic config on the sliders and FSX config file and then installed FTX Global. Performed a couple of
test flights for slider settings and then installed some heavy duty payware a/c into the shiny new FSX hangar. I was very liberal with the sliders on the initial flight and then found a good balance between
getting FTX Global to look good as well as the a/c (I spend alot of time outside the cockpit on long flights). There's a good amount of traffic moving on the air and the ground as well.

FSX/Accell and FTX Global installs went off with nary a hitch as advertised. My initial impression of FTX Global is good. On the couple of flights I took of any duration, I did a slow speed transit flight in
Carenado's Stationair and then a high altitude cruise with IRIS' F-14 Tomcat. On each flight the textures looked good at high altitude and at low sight-seeing altitude. Two-thumbs up.

Now that the tuning is done I'm looking up serial numbers for a/c and such and reinstalling. I'll get some of that empty hangar space filled up by mid-week.

Roger
October 27th, 2013, 13:09
Good to hear Odie! Have you seen those Global lights yet?

stovall
October 27th, 2013, 13:27
Good job Odie, a new rig, things just get better and better. You will really enjoy FTX Global.

Odie
October 29th, 2013, 06:29
Good to hear Odie! Have you seen those Global lights yet?

Yessir, the Global lights are pretty good, along with the trees (Paul was correct, they are really good)...definitely money well spent! I'm going thru now and installing the payware goodies and I'm finding that
over the past few years, I've bought from several different sites and thank goodness they keep your account with the download links and serial #'s so you can
get the latest versions and have the serial # right at hand. I keep paper-copies, but it's nice to have a "one stop" place and some of the serial #'s are 40+ characters so cut'n'paste saves time.

I'm also finding little gems that I purchased and somehow just didn't install until now. Maybe a clean sweep of the hangars from time to time is a healthy thing!

I also loaded Dino's new version of his excellent F-14D out last night and the Big Cat has never looked better! The included paints really bring some color and the
repainters did a masterful job all around. Tonight I have to add the FSX USS Enterprise to the virtual world to give the Cat somewhere to go and land.