PDA

View Full Version : P-47 "Black Sheep"

jankees
January 16th, 2009, 23:33
Jerry Wurmser's "Black Sheep" in FSX (see also the FS9 "Wee Three" thread)
I'm still waiting for his comments, but I do believe I'm nearly there.
What do you think, not too bad isn't it?

Boomer
January 17th, 2009, 02:45
:applause::applause::applause:

RCAF_Gunner
January 17th, 2009, 12:57
Looks sharp Jan. :ernae:

harleyman
January 17th, 2009, 18:55
Thats looking great....

I love the hardpoints under the wings......:kilroy:

jankees
January 24th, 2009, 06:16
The "Black Sheep" has been uploaded, happy flying!

jmig
January 24th, 2009, 06:29
Thanks Jankees. Nice paint!

lifejogger
January 24th, 2009, 07:33
Looks good Jan, who's P47 is that anyway?

jankees
January 24th, 2009, 08:57
Lt Jerry Wurmser of the 316thnd FS/324th FG, flew this aircraft in France and Germany, between 6 march 1945 and the end of the war. He is still alive, and told me: "The name "Black Sheep" was already painted on the plane when it was assigned to me. It previously had been assigned to someone in Britain, and eventually ended up in France after either being shot down or having crashed and then repaired. It had a brand new engine in it when I received it on March 6, 1945. At this time I had already completed 39 missions, and finally was assigned my own airplane. My first flight in it was to break in the new engine, or "slow time" it. This required flying it about for a period of time at very low throttle settings, to break in the new engine. The plane had already seen a lot of action, and the "form 1" contained a long list of malfunctions that was written up by the previous flyers and dates of repairs. Several times I had to sign the "exceptional release" form before going up, acknowledging that I knew and understood what the previous pilot stated what was wrong with it. This plane was a razorback, with the tail assembly out of line, so that I had to apply rudder correction constantly. It got such bad gas mileage that I carried one less bomb and a gas tank instead. I hated that plane. I finally did get a new bubble canopy plane, but by this time the War was over!"