PDA

View Full Version : error message help

Fighterpilot
October 22nd, 2013, 03:55
Hi chaps how would I go about sorting this error message? I have the zero installed in my aircraft folder.

Thanks

Richard

bub
October 22nd, 2013, 04:03
Richard,
Make sure you have all the files in the mz-a6m2b folder and that the panel and sounds are there. If they are aliased, make sure they point to an aircraft in the main aircraft folder like the stock a6m2. Give it a try. Hope this works for you.
Bub

Fighterpilot
October 22nd, 2013, 04:46
Everything seems to be in order with it, yet I still get the error message.

Richard

bub
October 22nd, 2013, 10:21
Richard,
Usually that's what I do when a plane doesn't show up. The only other thing I can think of would be to get a fresh copy and try that. Something in the one you have may not be right. Also, I don't ever remember getting that error message. This one may be above my meager skills.
Sorry I couldn't help.
Bub

mav
October 22nd, 2013, 10:44
Richard,
Make sure you have all the files in the mz-a6m2b folder and that the panel and sounds are there. If they are aliased, make sure they point to an aircraft in the main aircraft folder like the stock a6m2. Give it a try. Hope this works for you.
Bub

yep , Bubs right, that's a good answer nuthin meager bout your skills, plus just d/l http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/hago/h2/mz-a6m2b.zip ..... loads up just fine, no errors, maybe redownload and try again.

kwb737
October 22nd, 2013, 11:32
As a test I just downloaded and installed the mz-a6m2b aircraft and no error message either. Loads up fine.

Devildog73
October 22nd, 2013, 11:41
The other options IF you have good sound.cfg and panel.cfg in respective folders is to make sure you have it listed in your mdlnames.txt, in your descript.dat and in your quickcom/qc_plane.qcb

I do not alias any of my sound or panels in any of my aircraft because of this.

CFS2 can be quirky on some of these things.

Once you check all of these, then go to your main CFS2 folder and search for *.cdp. When the list populates, highlight and delete them ALL.
Hit the back button and search for filelist.dat. When the list populates, highlight and delete them ALL.
Hit the back button and search for index. When the list populates, highlight and delete them ALL.

Start CFS2, let it rebuild the indices and see if you now have the Akemi Zero.

Also, make sure that you do not have over 80-100 (varies) aircraft in your aircraft folder, including all the multiple skins as aircraft. CFS2 sees each skin as a separate plane.

If you do have that many, get the over plane limit DLL and put it in your MODULES folder. I think SdC is who created it.

Fighterpilot
October 22nd, 2013, 12:47
Well I seem to have sorted the problem out. I had various repaints of it but since removing them it seems to be working fine again.

Richard

kelticheart
October 23rd, 2013, 02:00
Well I seem to have sorted the problem out. I had various repaints of it but since removing them it seems to be working fine again.

Richard

... if only removing repaints resolved it. Chances are that one of those repaints had one or more corrupted files.

Hi Richard, the other possibility is that your aircraft.cfg pointed at the wrong repaint folder name. This in case you had more than one skin installed in the same aircraft folder with an addition to the folder name to identify it.

I mean this, for example:

\model
\panel
\sound
\texture
\texture.1
\texture.2

or

\texture.Sakai
\texture.Iwamoto

etc.

What puzzles me is the type of error message, because in both of the above cases the aircraft simply should have not showed up in Free Flight selection window. In the past, my CFS2 spat out such message only when the aircraft *.mdl file was corrupt.

As Devildog73 rightly pointed out, CFS2 can really be quirky, sometimes.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

Fibber
October 23rd, 2013, 12:41
....there are some batch files to do those cleanouts in a simpler mode. Lets see if this finally attaches here. If not the name is "cleanout.rar" I do not know who did it as there is no name in the "read-me" but it does work and does it all with a click of the mouse. Just wish there was one for the "Index" files.