PDA

View Full Version : Cant Locate a F1M2 Pete

Fighterpilot
October 21st, 2013, 05:13
Hi guys, I have just started to rebuild a cfs2 install and one stumbling block I have come across so far is finding a live link to a download of this aircraft, does anybody know where I can get hold of one?

Fighterpilot

Worthless
October 21st, 2013, 06:07
I think there are a couple FM12 AC that have been made for CFS2. One by Yasuhiko Sasaki used to be at his Website, but I'm pretty sure that site is gone. There is another FM12, but I have no idea where I got it. If you want to send me your email address via PM, I'll send you the zip by return email.

bobhegf
October 21st, 2013, 06:39
We need to upload one to this sight. If I can ever get FSSC to transport scenery we will need one for the Cactus missions I am going to rebuild.

Talon
October 21st, 2013, 08:48
We need to upload one to this sight. If I can ever get FSSC to transport scenery we will need one for the Cactus missions I am going to rebuild.

Bob,

It is at this sight in CFS2 aircraft archives II.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=66&id=764

bobhegf
October 21st, 2013, 09:32
Talon, thanks, I put that into my notes so once I finish I can put into my readme for the missions. It will be sometime before I upload them, around May of next year. I am as money allows doing a complete rebuild of one of my old pc.

kwb737
October 21st, 2013, 10:22
Bob,

It is at this sight in CFS2 aircraft archives II.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=66&id=764

How do you get the CFS2 aircraft archives to open if you want to look for other aircraft there? All I get when I try to go there is this.

404 - Page Not Found Sorry. We could not find the page you are looking for.

If you followed a valid link, you may contact us to correct the problem.

Worthless
October 21st, 2013, 12:26
Try Add-Ons Library from the drop down menu above...
In the Warbirds Box select ......Combat Flight Simulator -2 Add ons

....then select #3 under CFS2 Aircraft Addons.....

CFS2-Archive II

kwb737
October 21st, 2013, 13:48
Try Add-Ons Library from the drop down menu above...
In the Warbirds Box select ......Combat Flight Simulator -2 Add ons

....then select #3 under CFS2 Aircraft Addons.....

CFS2-Archive II

Perfect! Thanks George! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/banana/1.gif

kelticheart
October 21st, 2013, 23:49
I think there are a couple FM12 AC that have been made for CFS2. One by Yasuhiko Sasaki used to be at his Website, but I'm pretty sure that site is gone.....

I haven't visited Yashico's website in quite a while, but, if it is really gone, wouldn't it be a good idea starting another "re-upload to SOH for preservation" drive? Yashico's aircrafts are all beautifully made, with a perfect detail/framerate balance. Besides, Yashico dedicated his production to uncommon, rare models as the F1M2 Pete, which features a better fps performance than the only other F1M2 model ever developed and uploaded here.

Although the majority of Japanese CFS2 plane designers posed several limitations to their work usage, perfectly legitimate and understandable, I think a preservation effort with proper crediting would be a tangible tribute to their master work. A way to keep saying "thank you!" to them.

Yashico's works are password protected. We could post his aircrafts and release their unzip passwords only after receiving a request e-mail, thus ensuring the user's identity is not a phony one. So far, one of SOH's primary concerns has always been protecting original creators' copyrights and wishes. Re-uploading at SOH is a good guarantee against all of the piracy we hear about on the net.
Besides, we can always try getting in touch with him and see if we get his permission to proceed.

By the same token, considering CFS2 is a 14 year-old application with an ever-shrinking court of estimators, I cannot see how anyone could successfully speculate on these models and make money out of them.

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

kwb737
October 22nd, 2013, 05:47
I haven't visited Yashico's website in quite a while, but, if it is really gone, wouldn't it be a good idea starting another "re-upload to SOH for preservation" drive? Yashico's aircrafts are all beautifully made, with a perfect detail/framerate balance. Besides, Yashico dedicated his production to uncommon, rare models as the F1M2 Pete, which features a better fps performance than the only other F1M2 model ever developed and uploaded here.

Although the majority of Japanese CFS2 plane designers posed several limitations to their work usage, perfectly legitimate and understandable, I think a preservation effort with proper crediting would be a tangible tribute to their master work. A way to keep saying "thank you!" to them.

Yashico's works are password protected. We could post his aircrafts and release their unzip passwords only after receiving a request e-mail, thus ensuring the user's identity is not a phony one. So far, one of SOH's primary concerns has always been protecting original creators' copyrights and wishes. Re-uploading at SOH is a good guarantee against all of the piracy we hear about on the net.
Besides, we can always try getting in touch with him and see if we get his permission to proceed.

By the same token, considering CFS2 is a 14 year-old application with an ever-shrinking court of estimators, I cannot see how anyone could successfully speculate on these models and make money out of them.

Cheers!

Hey Kelticheart, funny you brought that up. Over a year ago I emailed Yashico for the passwords to download his planes from his site. I have 37 of his aircraft with different skins. The ones I have are A5M4 (4 skins), A7M1, A7M2 (2 skins), B7A2 (2 skins), F1M2 (4 skins), K-27 (4 skins), K-43I (2 skins), K-44II (5 skins), K-61II (2 skins), K-84 (2 skins), K-100 (5 skins), N1K1J (4 skins). I would be more than happy to make them available to everyone. Just wanted to let you know. http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/31.gif

Devildog73
October 22nd, 2013, 11:25
I have 2 in my library, neither by Yashico.

One, F1M2_Pete is by Mark Perlotto & Charles Simpson, you can get it here: http://www7.plala.or.jp/omegaboo/page042.html

OR here: http://bailey812.tripod.com/id25.htm

The other, F1M2 has no readme file in any of the folders, so I have no idea who built it. I even looked in the aircraft.cfg and no joy.

kelticheart
October 23rd, 2013, 01:32
I have 2 in my library, neither by Yashico.

One, F1M2_Pete is by Mark Perlotto & Charles Simpson, you can get it here: http://www7.plala.or.jp/omegaboo/page042.html

OR here: http://bailey812.tripod.com/id25.htm

The other, F1M2 has no readme file in any of the folders, so I have no idea who built it. I even looked in the aircraft.cfg and no joy.

Hi Devildog73!

Apart from Yashico's, the only other F1M2 I was aware of, and spoke about, is the Perlotto/Simpson's one, archived here at SOH here:

so I don't know about the other one you mention.

It was the first Pete I ever downloaded and flew. I prefer Yashico's for its better fps performance, although I tried giving it one of my prop textures with no success.

Hey Kelticheart, funny you brought that up. Over a year ago I emailed Yashico for the passwords to download his planes from his site. I have 37 of his aircraft with different skins. The ones I have are A5M4 (4 skins), A7M1, A7M2 (2 skins), B7A2 (2 skins), F1M2 (4 skins), K-27 (4 skins), K-43I (2 skins), K-44II (5 skins), K-61II (2 skins), K-84 (2 skins), K-100 (5 skins), N1K1J (4 skins). I would be more than happy to make them available to everyone. Just wanted to let you know. http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/31.gif

Hi kwb737, thank you for your offer!

I think I have more or less the same models+skins, plus his B-29 AI model which I love, because it's so simple one can put 300 in the sky without noticing framerate degradation.
In spite of being so simple, its shape is very accurate and shows up nicely by the side of Gnoopy's B-29 masterpiece. I was able to paint two historical skins for it, one for WWII and one for the Korean War.

Anyone else tried getting in touch with Yashico lately?

Cheers!

Rami
October 23rd, 2013, 11:45
Stefano,

I have given considerable thought to uploading these, but because I don't have the permission of Yashico, and because his downloads are password-protected, I have strong reservations about pulling rank and uploading them without his consent.

It would help if we could find out whether he is still alive and active in the flightsim community.

kwb737
October 23rd, 2013, 12:24
Stefano,

I have given considerable thought to uploading these, but because I don't have the permission of Yashico, and because his downloads are password-protected, I have strong reservations about pulling rank and uploading them without his consent.

It would help if we could find out whether he is still alive and active in the flightsim community.

I just got done sending an email to him Rami. I'll let you know if I get any kind of reply.

kelticheart
October 23rd, 2013, 23:59
Stefano,

Absolutely, Andrew.

I never meant to force the issue and upload Yasuhiko Sasaki's creations without permission. That's why I was wondering whether anyone here at SOH got in touch with Yashico lately. I did ask him passwords for his creations and received them, but it was such a long time ago I can't even remember when.

On the other hand, freeware material that could be considered almost obsolete should be preserved somehow. Mauro Giacomazzi declared all of his CFS2 models "public domain" almost five years ago, thus allowing us to re-upload them recently and preserve them for the future.
As I suggested, adopting Yashico's very same policy of releasing passwords only to users with confirmed, real identities could be the best way to hit the target. After all one of SOH's rules is rejecting memberships without valid e-mail addresses or e-mail registered with vague, fly-by-night providers.

Almost all of us know how much work and effort go into even the simplest CFS2 modifications, let alone creating an aircraft/scenery/repaint from scratch. All freely distributed, with no rewards but the pride and satisfaction of seeing it posted and downloaded by others.

Such fruits of human ingenuity should not be lost just because a website is closed down or webspace rent is overdue.

Cheers!

Rami
October 24th, 2013, 01:43
Kelti,

Considering his original spirit, that is actually a very reasonable suggestion. Let me think on it for a few hours...but I could see that maintaining the integrity of his downloads.

I don't have the "master" password list for his downloads, though. I thought Talon had it some time back...

Devildog73
October 24th, 2013, 08:57
I have several of his planes in my library, but have long ago lost his emails with the passwords.

So, bottom line: If we get his permission to upload and share, AND, we get all the passwords, I can contribute some of his planes.

Devildog73
October 24th, 2013, 09:10
F1M2 Pete by Yasuhiko Sasaki is available here:http://www.simnetwork.com/SIMNETWORK/downloads.php?cat_id=7&rowstart=1399
But, it is not free. Interesting. One must pay a rather large membership fee to download any of the "Freeware" aircraft, many available from Simviation, SOH, and other sites for free.

kwb737
October 24th, 2013, 13:51
Kelti,

Considering his original spirit, that is actually a very reasonable suggestion. Let me think on it for a few hours...but I could see that maintaining the integrity of his downloads.

I don't have the "master" password list for his downloads, though. I thought Talon had it some time back...

Rami, I have the passwords that Yashico sent me in an email. I can email them to you if you want.

Talon
October 24th, 2013, 16:05
Kelti,

I have all his passwords.

kelticheart
October 25th, 2013, 01:56
F1M2 Pete by Yasuhiko Sasaki is available here:http://www.simnetwork.com/SIMNETWORK/downloads.php?cat_id=7&rowstart=1399
But, it is not free. Interesting. One must pay a rather large membership fee to download any of the "Freeware" aircraft, many available from Simviation, SOH, and other sites for free.

Here's a perfect example of what Yashico meant by protecting his works through passwords!

In spite of it, someone is trying to make money behind Yashico's back nevertheless....very nice.

www.simnetwork (http://www.simnetwork.com):sniper:

Cheers!