PDA

View Full Version : Dino's F-14D Tomcat Version 2.10

orionll
October 20th, 2013, 22:32
http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2013/10/f-14d-tomcat-version-210-limited.html

Monday, October 21, 2013

F-14D Tomcat Version 2.10 (Limited Introduction)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-O0XvGjFgwDY/UmR8xenqj0I/AAAAAAAABjc/zdBmz3qzZ-w/s400/vf2132.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-O0XvGjFgwDY/UmR8xenqj0I/AAAAAAAABjc/zdBmz3qzZ-w/s1600/vf2132.jpg)

Given that I will not have much time for FSX in the next few weeks, I have decided to pack the latest build as it is and release the F-14D version 2.10 right away.
This version has not been tested as long as it should have been...and I am sure it is plenty of bugs. On the other hand, I simply will not have much time for the next month or so... so here we are with version 2.10.
The big thing, as you are probably are aware of, is the Tacpack support - which is more or less on par with what I provided for the F-35 (hopefully!).
Please note, however, that the F-14D has MUCH less automation than the Superbug and the Lightning II... hence it requires you to switch to the Rio cockpit from time to time.
Also, please HAVE A LOOK AT THE MANUAL. At least the Weapon Systems Reference Guide - some switches need manual operation for some systems to work!

Change log is as follows:

-added weapon models: AIM-9, AIM-7, AIM-54, GBU-31, GBU-10, GBU-12, Mk.82, Mk.83, Mk.84 (weight dependant, see manual)
-added Lantirn Pod model
-fixed tailhook design
-fixed taileron pivot position
-fixed miscellaneous texturing errors
-changed RIO-cockpit 3D model geometry (now correctly mimics a typical F-14D Rio Station)
-fixed wheel anti-skid function
-revised RIO displays functionalities and graphics
-addeed landing gear kneel animation when launch bar retracts
-fixed RIO station fuel indicators
-Added limited integration with Vertical Reality Simulations Tacpack package version 1.4.0.9 or above (see below)
-Added Weapons Systems Reference Document for Tacpack Functionalities
-Added Weapons Configurator for Tacpack weapons
-Partial rework of sound cues
-Reworked engine performance in attept to achive a more realistic behavior
-Improved special effects (a/B, heat shimmer)
-Minor changes to roll rate and general handling for realism
-Added Miscellaneous Repaints courtesy of Jiri Soukup and Groom Lake Simulations.

For the moment, please DO NOT upload this file anywhere else. I'd like to be sure it is free from major bugs before it spreads too much over the internet...

I hope Dino doesn't mind me reposting the limited introduction release notification. As usual, get the download at Dino's blog (link at the top of the post).

Dino Cattaneo
October 20th, 2013, 23:29
Guys, no I do not mind at all... the only rationale for "limited introduction" is that the final build has not been properly tested and may be broken...
But if it works,it is OK to share it.
PLEASE have a look at the documentation.
There is a separate manual for Tacpak functionalities you should look at. I did not have the time to write down proper weapon procedures... but there should be enough information for most people to fly the plane and shoot the weapons.
And keep in mind that, by default, Radar, RWR, AN/ALE-47 and the laser illuminator are OFF - and should be turned on in the RIO cockpit....

Odie
October 21st, 2013, 06:28
Guys, no I do not mind at all... the only rationale for "limited introduction" is that the final build has not been properly tested and may be broken...
But if it works,it is OK to share it.
PLEASE have a look at the documentation.
There is a separate manual for Tacpak functionalities you should look at. I did not have the time to write down proper weapon procedures... but there should be enough information for most people to fly the plane and shoot the weapons.
And keep in mind that, by default, Radar, RWR, AN/ALE-47 and the laser illuminator are OFF - and should be turned on in the RIO cockpit....

Dino, as always, a big thank you for your stellar work in keeping the Big Cat up and flying in the FSX world! :salute::salute: Looking forward to
getting this version setup!

Victory103
October 21st, 2013, 13:15
+1 Dino, one of your models I have been eaglery awaiting to add to my Super Bug. Time to reach out and touch someone with the Phoenix. Outstanding work and look forward to the S-3.

flewpastu
October 21st, 2013, 13:53
Dino, the download link is saying too many users have viewed or downloaded file, may have to wait up to 24 hrs to download. Is that right, just curious

Bill

modelr
October 21st, 2013, 15:00
Dino, the download link is saying too many users have viewed or downloaded file, may have to wait up to 24 hrs to download. Is that right, just curious

Bill

+1:kilroy:

Dino Cattaneo
October 21st, 2013, 15:26
Yes,

Google Drive has a bandwidth limit...and the file is pretty big (almost 200Mb)... so you may need to wait a little.

BTW, so far just a couple of minor bugs have been spotted.... I am considering an hotfix or a global update - I will suspend the upload to other sites until I take a decision.

flewpastu
October 21st, 2013, 15:29
Thank you Sir

Bill

Sieggie
October 22nd, 2013, 11:44
Can anyone think of any reason the auto wing sweep would not work. Are there prerequisite settings for it to work? Does anyone else have a problem with auto sweep not working?

Manual sweep works just fine. Wing fold seems to fold to position 1 instead of position 0, does this give any clue to why it does not work on my system?

Thanks,

Dave

rcbarend
October 22nd, 2013, 11:58
Can anyone think of any reason the auto wing sweep would not work. Are there prerequisite settings for it to work?

Are you sure you have raised the flaps fully ?
Because the auto-wingsweep only works when flaps are fully retracted.

Also, what do you mean with

Wing fold seems to fold to position 1 instead of position 0

??
Wing can only be fully folded with the FS Wingfold function; again, only when flaps are fully retracted (even in manual wingsweep mode).

Rob

doublecool
October 22nd, 2013, 14:02
Dino Sir, she is only gettin better with age :wavey:

Sindhu
October 22nd, 2013, 20:36
Thank you very much sir, Mr.Cattaneo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4laUx-WUJzE

Dino Cattaneo
October 25th, 2013, 03:54
Guys,

I have identified some minor (but annoying) defects... I'll fix them probably during the next weekend...

adi518
October 25th, 2013, 06:41
This and the t-2 buck are two of my favorite combat jets! :)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7428/10476250364_64e04d8080_o.jpg

heywooood
October 25th, 2013, 12:53
Guys,

I have identified some minor (but annoying) defects... I'll fix them probably during the next weekend...

amazing - the Big Cat is so much fun Dino - thanks for all the effort man:icon29:

Dumonceau
October 26th, 2013, 04:47
People,

Has anyone tried yet if repaints for the 2.0 version still work with this one?

Cheers,

Dumonceau

flewpastu
October 26th, 2013, 05:20
Ive moved a few repaints over to the newest version, no problems that I can see

Bill

Dino Cattaneo
October 26th, 2013, 07:48
...2.00 repaints should work fine, afaik.
New textures are shared (and on additional, shared files) and the geometry changes/improvements are minimal...

Aside, I will be releasing V2.31 shortly - with some minor fixes.

Regards

Dino