PDA

View Full Version : Missing model Oiltank

12happyjack34
October 20th, 2013, 15:50
Hello all....

I have recently gotten back into playing CFS2 and love it! However, after installing a couple of campaigns (56th Fighter squadron and BFE), I keep getting error message on some missions which need oiltank. I found correct Object_dp, I think, but which .BGL references it, and where is texture supposed to be? Is this old CFS1 material, because I looked at my old CFS1 disc and found oiltank0.dp and oiltank01.dp. I have also installed most add-on Inf objects that I can find...

Does anyone know where/how to properly install Oiltank?

Thanx!

Rami
October 20th, 2013, 16:10
Howdy, happyjack!

First, thanks for flying my works. Nice to know you're an ETO enthusiast.

Second, the object is found in the CFS2 BoB (Battle of Britain) airfields package.

Here is the direct link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=2668

All you need to do is install the objects...the files in the OBJECTS_DP folder need to go in your sim's same folder, and the files in the SCENEDB\Inf folder need to find their home in your sim's same folder.

Just make sure to delete the filelist.dat in your sim's SCENEDB\Inf folder before reloading the sim.

In that package, the .bgl which that object (oiltank) uses is britobj.bgl, and the texture file is cfsair1.bmp

Happy hunting! :wavey:

12happyjack34
October 20th, 2013, 16:31
Thanks for the handy info, Rami!!!!! Your airfields are truly a pleasure to fly from (and blow up!!) :blind:

My only question (s) before I follow your instructions are:

1) Will the 3 .BGLs and corresponding Textures in your INF folder overwrite anything I may have installed already for the 2 Campaigns listed above?

2) Should I install the GSL and/or the Scene/DB CFS2BoB files?

3) Will installing the whole airfield package affect your BFE bases?

Sorry to sound so needy - I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up after so much work :cool:

Thanx again!!!!!

Rami
October 20th, 2013, 16:47
Thanks for the handy info, Rami!!!!! Your airfields are truly a pleasure to fly from (and blow up!!) :blind:

My only question (s) before I follow your instructions are:

1) Will the 3 .BGLs and corresponding Textures in your INF folder overwrite anything I may have installed already for the 2 Campaigns listed above?

2) Should I install the GSL and/or the Scene/DB CFS2BoB files?

3) Will installing the whole airfield package affect your BFE bases?

Sorry to sound so needy - I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up after so much work :cool:

Thanx again!!!!!

Happyjack,

First, there's no need to apologize, it's how we all learn! (I'm a history teacher, it goes with the territory)

Second, the airfields are not mine, they are built (with the exception of the CFS2 BoB bases, those are by Gary "gary20" Burns) by Joachim Schmidt, a former Federal German Naval (The Deutsche Marine after the unification in 1990) Officer who lives in Germany and goes by the handle achim27619.

He's my partner in crime, though...we've even had the pleasure of sharing a meal together when I visited Europe nearly two years ago. I'm responsible for the GSL ports and the missions/campaigns only.

3) Installing the .bgl and objects_dp files should not cause any problems.

4) You could install the GSL files in the airfield package, but they are not necessary for the two campaigns that you're flying. To make it easier on yourself, don't install the GSL for these bases...keep it simple!

5) If you have installed my GSL ports for Europe, though, it might cause a few problems, because installing the CFS2 BoB GSL package would wipe out my GSL port at Dover, and the harbor at Portland, because they are too close to Hawkinge and Warmwell, respectively. When I created the GSL file for my ports package, I included those airfield "gobs" (global scenery objects) in my GSL file, so that one didn't cancel the other one out.

In a worst-case scenario, I could just zip up and send you my GSL file for late Europe, but I'd like to see people do it on their own to accelerate their learning curve, if possible. (It's the teacher in me...)

12happyjack34
October 20th, 2013, 17:29
Great advice! Many thanks, Rami!

Also thanks to Gary and Joachim for their great work as well!!!

happyjack a.k.a. Rick

Robert John
October 21st, 2013, 13:40
Take a look at this thread

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?67704-How-about-a-fresh-look-for-good-ole-BoB-airfields&highlight=oiltank

have you upgraded the original bob objects.

I had been able to sort this out once a long time ago, if I remember its in one of mw bgls, but it will need to be extracted and separated from the other objects and recompiled.

Will add the correction and show ways around this when I start to commence writing the cfs2 magazine again, soon I hope.
RJ