PDA

View Full Version : Achim airfields

Fibber
October 16th, 2013, 06:07
Need some clarification here as I am trying to tidy up my Achim folder and update the Achims airfields in my game. I have all the old ones and recently starting to update with all the newer airfields. My problem is that Achim is prolific, and I mean that in a highly regarded concept, and I seem to have wandered into a self imposed confusion zone.

With the new fields are there any of the old fields that are kept ? I am compiling a new Airbase.dat and am unsure what is kept of the old bases and what is discarded. I ask this only because, while putting the new airbase.dat in regional, and numerical order by ID=# , I found some old fields listed that were not in the new .dat. Do the new airbase.dat 's keep any of the old fields in the listing or do they only list the new fields?

I have files such as "Various fields/II/3 , UK Gsl, UK update", etc are these files still relevant? Is there a compiled listing of what is relevant, and retainable and what is not?

Hope this makes sense and appreciate any guidance.

Rami
October 16th, 2013, 07:51
Fibber,

Achim27619 is reading this, and he may respond first. Back in 2011, when I was uploading his files to the new library, I went through and consolidated all the updates so there would be no more "patches" or "updates" like there were in the old archive.

Here is a listing of his files in the new library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=584&sort=d

They are organized by nation / region (i.e. JHS_England, JHS_France_North, JHS BENL, JHS_Germany, etc.) They cover all of the old airfields, and in a case like JHS_Poland, for example, the old airfields are included so you know what to remove. All included is a word document that has working hyperlinks.

If you run across any bases that are missing, I should be able to hunt them down for you.

Fibber
October 16th, 2013, 13:47
..so I am safe just using the bases that you presently have available in the library and can disregard all the old downloads.
That is what I did originally then confused myself with the oldies mixed with the new ones. Guess I will review what I did.

Thanks for the clarification:salute: