PDA

View Full Version : I Have Had All I Can Take Of FSSC

bobhegf
October 12th, 2013, 08:20
I can`t get FSSC to transport My new scenery to the correct scenery folder or anyother folder I pick. I don`t know where it is going. I am at a total lose.

Shadow Wolf 07
October 12th, 2013, 08:50
Under Tools/Preferences make sure all 4 boxes are checked in the Export category of the Settings tab. Create a new folder anywhere on your computer. I would recommend it be in My Documents, so you can find it easily. In the Export wizard, under Export Method, make sure to select "Scenery + AFD." In Base Location, browse to the folder you just created and set it as the target folder for your scenery export. You can copy/cut it and paste into the game (Scenedb) later. Export and you should find 6 files in you newly created folder - 3 .bgls and 3 .scas. Make the necessary changes to the .sca file then run it through the SCASM.exe to breate a new base .bgl.

bobhegf
October 12th, 2013, 13:27
In this case I was able to locate the scenery and loaded it into CFS2 along with my texture that I hade to create. I loaded it into the Cactus Base folder which was in the scenedb folder and added it to the scenery library. I activated it but got a green square only but no bitmap texture.

Captain Kurt
October 12th, 2013, 15:22
You need to open the sca file and manually modify the code to tell the game to load your texture as a poly and then compile it to a bgl with SCASM. Did you do that? FSSC does not compile the bgl so a poly texture will show. You get a solid color square.

Download Cody Coyote's Blended Airfield Tutorial and follow his instructions if you aren't already.

Good luck.

Shadow Wolf 07
October 12th, 2013, 15:49
You need to open the sca file and manually modify the code to tell the game to load your texture as a poly and then compile it to a bgl with SCASM. Did you do that? FSSC does not compile the bgl so a poly texture will show. You get a solid color square.

Download Cody Coyote's Blended Airfield Tutorial and follow his instructions if you aren't already.

Good luck.

See pages 27 and 28 (from Maskrider).

bobhegf
October 12th, 2013, 16:07
I found Merlin`s tut on blended airfields but not Cody Coyotes tut on the subject.

Captain Kurt
October 12th, 2013, 16:27
Hi Bob,

I must be losing my mind. It's Mask Rider's tutorial, not Cody's. I have no idea what I was thinking. Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.

It's here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=49&id=5785

achim27619
October 12th, 2013, 22:55
Bob,

your sca-file should look something like this one

; Fornebupoly
Area( B N59:53:48.4515 E010:37:24.2246 36 )
RefPoint( rel :lblEnd 1.0 N59:53:48.4515 E010:37:24.2246 v1= 35360 v2= 3540 )
LoadBitmap( 0 5 F0 0 0 0 "fornebu.bmp" )
Smoothing( 1 )
Zbias( 1 )
Points( 0
-1250 0 -1250
1250 0 -1250
1250 0 1250
-1250 0 1250
)
TexPoly( m 0 32767 0 0
0 0 0
3 0 255
2 254 255
1 254 0
)
Zbias( 0 )
Smoothing( 0 )
:lblEnd
EndA

1. The name of your bitmap (red) has to be one single word. If not you will end with a black square.
2. The figures in green depend on the size of your poly created in your scn-file
3. The figures in blue are the entries required (according to MR tutorial) to make the bitmap to show up properly in cfs2. Otherwise you end up with a "multiple" small bitmaps.

I hope that helps. If not I need your sca and scn files to go mistake hunting.

Cheers

Achim

bobhegf
October 12th, 2013, 23:03
Thanks I will check them and see if I can find it if I can1t I will post them here.

Shadow Wolf 07
October 13th, 2013, 03:46
What do you think of this problem:

"With the new .bgl in place I started up free flight and sat on the runway. The runway, taxiways and fuel point were all there, in place, but the texture was above the ground, in the air about 2 thousand feet! My scenery elevation is set at 870ft, so I went back to FSSC and, on a hunch, changed the altitude of the polygon (where the texture is imbedded) to zero rather than 870. I ran tit through SCASM again to get a new .bgl and noticed the same "floating" texture phenomenon. This close to success I won't give up..."

I checked all elevations on the scn and have exactly the same format on my sca as you describe above. The curious thing is I have the same result when I do this scenery on my Win8 system and when I do it again, from scratch on my XP syatem! I PM'd Maskrider about this, but as of yet have heard nothing. Any ideas?

achim27619
October 13th, 2013, 09:27
Shadow,

two things sprang to my mind.
1. Once I had a simular problem. Then I had installed two airfields obove each other and my plane fell through the upper one. So make sure there is only one scenery at this particular position.
2. You may have forgotten to make a flat area in your xxxx.scn file (happend to me rather often). After having exported the scenery you shouild have in the respective scenery folder
xxxx.bgl
xxxx.sca
xxxxA16N.bgl
xxxxA16N.sca
xxxxAFD.bgl
xxxxAFD.sca

The red ones apply the flattend area to your scenery.

If none of the above helps I would need your xxx.scn to look for trouble shooting

Cheers

Achim

Shadow Wolf 07
October 13th, 2013, 09:45
Neither of those two fit the case. Go ahead and PM me with your email and I can send you that scn file. Meanwhile, I'll keep experimenting.

Note: the .scn files do not show up in the Leung software folder and won't save in another, specially created folder. Would the sca help?

achim27619
October 13th, 2013, 13:03
Shadow,

if you get the sca files the scn file has to be somewhere.
Did you do a search with the name of your scenery in all drives?

My email is on its wy. May be the sca can help.

Cheers

Achim

Shadow Wolf 07
October 14th, 2013, 12:38
Achim:

With your advice and assistance I got it. I am now placing the infrastructure objects for the GSL.