PDA

View Full Version : AI F-16AM & BM package WIP

Warrant
January 16th, 2009, 14:58
Hi all,

I have been working on a new set of F-16AM & BM AI aircraft since the common payware and freeware AI packages lack Dutch F-16's.

My project is primary to supply the crowd with the aircraft, secondary with the flightplans.

My goal is to provide you with a wide variety of different fighters, as accurate as possible. :gameon:

The repaints are not fully weathered as we expect for flyable models, they are for AI purpose only. :cost1:

Attached are some screenshots of the models i repainted, they fully work in FSX SP2.

How i will publish this F-16AM/BM package is still pending (awaiting permission from the model developers to publish as a full package including model and air files for eazy install).

Best regards, Warrant :Banane18:

Warrant
January 16th, 2009, 15:02
Some more shots....

The score is now at a wonderfull 13 x F-16AM and 4 x F-16BM liveries.

Future sets will comprise a F-16AM & BM set for 306 Sqn based at Springfield, Ohio (KSGH) pack, and an ISAF operations package (Kandahar), possibly with other aircraft types and a traffic BGL. :Banane18:

Barvan40
January 16th, 2009, 16:24
Very nice Warrant, looking forward to these!

Barry

huub vink
January 17th, 2009, 01:26
Nice work Warrant! For a moment I was afraid your package would only contain Volkel F16s :typing:.

Huub

GZR_Sactargets
January 18th, 2009, 06:48
Great work! MAIW have done a lot for FS9, and UKMIL for both FSX and FS9. FSX can use a shot of good military AI packages. Thanks! :amen:

Warrant
January 18th, 2009, 13:46
Thanks guy's

I'm currently working on/testing the TrafficDotBeeGeeEls. Perhaps i will add 1 or 2 repaints before i will compile the final traffic files.

I have received permission to publish the excellent F-16 models made by Henry Tomkiewizc from HTAI models (this will make it more eazy to install the whole lot). in the package. :ernae:

The package will also contain highly recommended (and actually necessary) freeware scenery iot run the traffic plans. Most of the scenery needed are actually pieces of art (like the FS9 KNJK scenery, and the FSX KHIF scenery). I will add a read me regarding specific scenery (like when to remove traffic.bgl's from the original scenery folder etc.). :typing:

Will keep you posted when ready to publish. I might come to a point when i have to call on certain SOH members to test the whole lot before publishing. Volunteers can either PM me or just let me know in this thread. :welcome:

Best regards, Warrant :wavey:

Warrant
January 18th, 2009, 15:18
Some more samples taken at Hill AFB (KHIF) with the center F-16(C) being the Aerosoft F-16 i'm actually flying, combined with a try-out of the SU-30MK/MKK as AI :wave::

Warrant
January 18th, 2009, 17:49
A launch of a 2nd part of an AI COMAO package (four ship) from a crowded Nellis AFB (Red Flag) :wave::

Nice detail of the RNLAF F-16AM's blending in with the rest...

Warrant
January 19th, 2009, 14:41
...and the Springfield Ohio based Vipers are done as well...

Warrant
January 20th, 2009, 12:02
Uploaded it at AVSIM & flightsim.com

Wittpilot
January 20th, 2009, 16:01
Is that the current tail art on the Springfield F-16's?? I haven't been by the base in some time, but the tails used to be covered by the cat's head.....

-witt

Warrant
January 20th, 2009, 22:44
Is that the current tail art on the Springfield F-16's?? I haven't been by the base in some time, but the tails used to be covered by the cat's head.....

-witt

Correct, those are the USAF ANG F-16's. Mine are the RNLAF 306 Sqn F-16's currently stationed at the same airbase and now formally belong to the 178th Fighter Wing. The Dutch 306 Sqn is now responsible for training/converting fighterpilots to the F-16AM (either arriving from Sheppard, refresher or exchange-pilots). ;) 306 Sqn used to be a recce squadron and later converted to training squadron when they were still stationed at Volkel AB, The Netherlands (My old unit).

Take a look here: http://tonenwilmainohio.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/DSC00292a.200132541_std.JPG

or here: http://www.tonenwilmainohio.com/ton__work

hey_moe
January 21st, 2009, 03:08
Looks great to me....finally put these pop farts in there place..lol:monkies:

Meso
September 22nd, 2009, 05:02
Anyone having trouble for the textures to show? I installed the package with the installer, nothing showed up.

I tracked down the bgl's and placed them in there own folder in the addon-scenery folder so i can activate via the scenery library. Now the traffic shows up, but i dont see textures?

The planes are sitting in simobject\trafficX\

any help would be appriciated.

kind regards,

Meso

peter12213
September 22nd, 2009, 06:01
Same goes for me I just installed this today so its a bit of luck that this thread has shown up lol, but I can't get any of the models to show! I installed using the installer and I'm using the volkel leeuwarden packages by Joost de Wit, wondering what the problem is I have the AI sliders set too so it isn't that!

I really want to get this working too!

Meso
September 22nd, 2009, 06:11
in order to get the ai to show go to your fsx.cfg and add the following line:

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\TrafficX

they show up now, but i dont see the textures, just grey models.

peter12213
September 22nd, 2009, 12:27
Thanks for that but I hope he can help us soon!

peter12213
September 22nd, 2009, 12:51
Well I added that line Meso and mine are now working fine textures and all, thanks for the help!

Meso
September 22nd, 2009, 12:59
i'll do a reinstall of the package and see what happens. glad it worked out for you.

kind regards,

Meso

peter12213
September 22nd, 2009, 14:58
yeah just reinstall it using the .exe and add your line to the aircraft.cgf, one thing ive found though is its very frame heavy!

Meso
September 23rd, 2009, 02:38
still doesnt work after 2 reinstalls!
it could be windows vista with its "imporved" security which made it difficult at first to add even repaints although the aircraft.cfg was changed correctly.

hope someone can lead me in the right direction i see the models, but they are just grey (i know f-16 are grey, but nw they are just coverd in primer even the pilots)

kind regards,

Meso

EDIT: herby i cancel the request for help for two reasons: 1) it is impossble to get the textures to work after two reinstalls and one manual install. 2) as mentioned earier it is very frame rate heavy even with teh simple models that were used.

peter12213
September 23rd, 2009, 03:36
Meso I have completely uninstalled this addon also. Its just too heavy on framerates unfortunately!