PDA

View Full Version : C-117D arriving at KRDD!

TuFun
October 10th, 2013, 00:23
A plain wrapper C-117D arriving at Stovall KRDD scenery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll1P26HYbkY

stansdds
October 10th, 2013, 01:54
Nice!

roger-wilco-66
October 10th, 2013, 03:06
Nice movie, really compliments the scenery and the C-117. You really short-cutted that final approach :-)

Cheers,
Mark

stovall
October 10th, 2013, 06:52
Wow, what a great video. Made me feel like I was coming home after a trip to San Francisco or Boise. You cut off the movie just a little to soon TuFun. If you had let it continue you would have seen me come out of the general aviation office with an invitation to come down to one of the local pubs for a beer. In fact we were going to O'Leary's for a Guinness and a Banger.

:guinness::guinness: Thanks for using KRDD in your video.

TuFun
October 10th, 2013, 11:42
Nice movie, really compliments the scenery and the C-117. You really short-cutted that final approach :-)

Cheers,
Mark

Just practicing for bush landings! ;);) Emergency landings too! :)

stansdds
October 10th, 2013, 12:14
That was a real short final, but you didn't bend or break anything, so it's a good landing. :applause:

TuFun
October 10th, 2013, 13:35
That was a real short final, but you didn't bend or break anything, so it's a good landing. :applause:

This landing is simular to the one I had experience in a KC135 full motion simulator with the Major showing how it was done. I was in the co-pilots seat and it was extreme maneuvers in big aircraft like that! He did some touch and goes with a few high crosswinds landings. What an incredible hour of fun back in the day! I was just finishing my work on the B-52 simulator when the Major asked if you want a ride the KC135.

FSX68
October 10th, 2013, 14:22
This landing is simular to the one I had experience in a KC135 full motion simulator with the Major showing how it was done. I was in the co-pilots seat and it was extreme maneuvers in big aircraft like that! He did some touch and goes with a few high crosswinds landings. What an incredible hour of fun back in the day! I was just finishing my work on the B-52 simulator when the Major asked if you want a ride the KC135.

Do they still have or operate them?