PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy: Why Is It Always Webber's Car?

Panther_99FS
October 9th, 2013, 17:11
http://msn.foxsports.com/motor/story/mark-webber-closing-out-formula-one-run-in-frustrating-fashion-that-marked-career-100613

Ferry_vO
October 10th, 2013, 06:23
Having started the race with a harsh 10-place grid penalty for merely hitching a ride back to the pits after the Singapore Grand Prix,

Last year the drivers felt it was time for a penalty system, which means if you collect three points you get a ten-place grid penalty. Walking out on track in Singapore (And almost being run over by Hamilton) to get to Alonso's car without permission from the Marshalls got Mark his third point.

"The tires are wearing a lot and they also explode a bit, but that is for Pirelli to sort out," a philosophical Webber said after the race.

If you try to do thirty laps on tyres that only last for twenty, you are asking for trouble.

Upon resumption of the race after a safety car period, Webber was charging into the turn out of the main straight when he was hit from behind by the spinning Force India of Adrian Sutil, impacting the KERS system on the Red Bull and immediately starting a fire.

Sutil hit the oil radiator which spilled oil on the exhaust.

And if Mark was leading the pack with a two-second gap like his team mate was, he would have less chance of getting hit by other drivers...

Panther_99FS
October 10th, 2013, 06:55
What about the other races over the years where Webber has had mechanical issues/failings :ques:

Ferry_vO
October 10th, 2013, 07:57
He retired nine times the last five seasons, not a bad score IMHO and not more than other drivers. Vettel has the exact same amount of DNF's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Webber

Last year he had one crash and one alternator failure (Vettel had one too), this year one crash and one DNF because of a loose wheel.

Panther_99FS
October 10th, 2013, 13:59
Alright then.
I'm personally not a Webber fan myself - just looking for some type of justification to the talk....

Ferry_vO
October 11th, 2013, 05:56
Guess that's how selective our mind works.. Webber will be remembered after his career for his flying Mercedes at Le Mans and as Vettel's #2, not for his nine wins and ten pole positions. Anyone still remember him picking up two points in his first home GP and his first race for Minardi?

After his first year he made some unlucky choices; Jaguar was a complete failure as a team, then he had the choice between Williams and Renault in 2005/06; Alonso won two titles for Renault those years while Webber struggled with the Williams. Red Bull (Former Jaguar!) wasn't the best option either until Adrian Newey joined.

I do like Webber, he seems honest and not afraid to speak his mind which is becoming a rare thing in F1 these days, and I will certainly keep an eye on him in his LMP1 career at Porsche.

Panther_99FS
October 11th, 2013, 19:04
Actually,
I remember the Jaguar days along with politics and Bobby Rahal....