PDA

View Full Version : Clevenger Crop Dusters..

Daveroo
October 8th, 2013, 18:57
a converted L-5...94108
id love to have one of these in FSX...

phantomx1
October 9th, 2013, 01:17
Those lower wings on that Stinson are interesting because back when my father had an ag business there was a Piper J3 that came floating into the grass strip one day and it had that same set-up cfg of lower wings added to it which looked almost exactly like this L5 pictured.

It was early 1970's when I saw the J-3. The only ever one I saw, never to be seen again until now. That J-3 was also set up for spraying.

I looked across the net to try to find a picture example like the modification like the J3 had and could find not a trace, yet here you bring a picture of a very similar modification. Someone must have obtained type certificates for the extra wings back around that time and apparently was trying to market it for several different small planes that would fit into the ag business. Most likely to increase load.

I remember seeing that J-3 coming in on final and it looked like it was at walking speed.

Very glad you posted this.

normb
October 9th, 2013, 07:16
I typed in "Piper cub biplane" on Google and got a few pictures. I'm not familiar enough with this forum setup to try and attach them. BTW: Ted Cook has another version of his Blackburn Bluebird for those that love those classic birds. Flies and looks great.

Norm