PDA

View Full Version : Dino's F-35 Version 2.30

orionll
October 3rd, 2013, 19:32
http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2013/10/f-35-lightning-ii-version-230-limited.html

Friday, October 4, 2013

F-35 Lightning II Version 2.30 (Limited Introduction)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XfLU3ABQZpc/Uk4aF2UFE8I/AAAAAAAABjE/65LdLlC81lo/s400/Image39.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XfLU3ABQZpc/Uk4aF2UFE8I/AAAAAAAABjE/65LdLlC81lo/s1600/Image39.jpg)

Here is the much awaited F-35 update for FSX:Acceleration which also supports the Tacpack (version 1.4.0.8 or later required).
For the moment, it will only be available on this blog - in order to check it works correctly. Most likely there will be bandwith issues with Google Drive... anyway, as soon as it is confirmed that it works as it should, it will be uploaded at the usual repositories too.

REVISION HISTORY
Version 2.30
October 4th 2013
Added basic Tacpack Support (requires Vertical Reality Simulation's Tacpack module)
Added Tacpack compatible weapons (Cannon, AIM-9X, AIM-120C, GBU-31, GBU-10, GBU-12, JSOW, MK-84, Mk-83, MK82)
Added Tacpack A/A functions: Az/El search and L&S designation, Gun (Gun Director and Funnel modes), Sidewinders launch (Visual Boresight and Radar Slaved), Slammer launch (Visual Boresight and Radar Slaved).
Added Tacpack A/G functions: TOO mode, AUTO release, MANual release, CCIP mode.
Added Miscellaneous Tacpack functions: NVGs, Working RWR, Chaffs, Flares, In-flight Refuel.
Added Weapons Configurator
Added miscellaneous custom keystrokes
Added sonic-boom effects
Added anti-skid for wheels
Minor tweaks to very low speeds
Minor tweaks to roll rate
Added AF-01 and BF-01 textures
Minor improvements to -B and -C versions texture sets
Added Warlords tail art
Fixed weapon loads token weights mistakes
Added test flight nose probe (triggered by pilot weight – set it to 201 lbs and it will show)
Improved afterburner effects
Added heat shimmer effects

NOTE: FROM THIS RELEASE (2.30) A LIMITED INTEGRATION WITH VERTICAL REALITY SIMULATION IS PROVIDED. VRS TACPACK VERSION 1.4.0.8 OR LATER IS REQUIRED FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY, BUT IT IS NOT MANDATORY FOR AICRAFT OPERATION.

Download link is omitted from the quote. Get it at Dino's blog (link above).

gradyhappyg
October 3rd, 2013, 19:58
Thanks for the HU. As luck would have it just got the Tac Pac a month and a half ago.
Can't wait to give it a go.

Dino Cattaneo
October 3rd, 2013, 23:08
Please note that, afaik, Tacpack 1.4.0.8 has been withdrawn from download as it had a bug that could crash FSX... 1.4.0.9 should be available soon - it is required to update the Tacpack to use the F-35!

Have fun with the new F-35!

IanHenry
October 4th, 2013, 00:13
Many thanks, yet again Dino.

Ian.

Daube
October 4th, 2013, 01:18
Excellent news !
I'm very impressed by the amount of functionnalities that you could integrate into this bird.
Heck, in real life I hate the F-35. But in the sim, you managed to make me love it :)
Can't wait to try the TacPac feature. I'll have to update my TacPac first, I guess... I haven't updated it in a while...

gradyhappyg
October 4th, 2013, 01:33
The Tac Pac update is available now at the VRS website.
http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10283

Yes this is going to be fun.
Many thanks DINO.

whitney17
October 4th, 2013, 12:12
I went to the VRS web site and it looks like you have to buy the Superbug in order to buy the Tac Pak, because you need a Superbug license ID to order the Tac Pak. Is that true?

Joe

hae5904
October 4th, 2013, 12:17
I went to the VRS web site and it looks like you have to buy the Superbug in order to buy the Tac Pak, because you need a Superbug license ID to order the Tac Pak. Is that true?

Joe

That's correct Joe!

Cheers,
Hank

TuFun
October 4th, 2013, 12:31
Bravo Dino!!!

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/10/04/Xd4Lj.jpg

YoYo
October 4th, 2013, 12:34

Joe

"New customers: are gladly welcome to purchase the TacPack, however the TacPack requires the SuperbugX (http://www.vrsimulations.com/FA18EFSX.htm), so both products must either be purchased simultaneously, or the Superbug (http://www.vrsimulations.com/FA18EFSX.htm)X must be purcahsed first."

So TacPack it isnt standalone addon.

Daube
October 4th, 2013, 13:24
I finally made my first test flight with that new F-35, after updating my VRS TacPac and SuperBug to the latest versions.
The load manager is really nice, seeing the F-35 with all the weapons is quite a lot of fun.
During my flight howerver I had a few dissappointments, some of them being linked to my bad memory.... for example, I forgot the F-35 had no anti-ice systems switches in the cockpit, so after a while I had to fly without any info on my airspeed...
Also, I recognized that there was no laser designation screen and that the weapons cannot be released, target cannot be acquired etc...

Still, for a freeware, this addon is simply fantastic and I kept enjoying my flight :) Also trying to guess why I could not access to VTOL mode anymore... until I jettisoned my stores, to make my plane light enough, of course ! :D

whitney17
October 4th, 2013, 13:58
Hi Dino,

I read in the manual FAQ's that "the F-35B vertical fight module is not compatible" with Accusim. Can we just turn off Accusim in its control panel in FSX or do we have to uninstall Accusim for the F-35B to work properly?

Thanks,

Joe

empeck
October 4th, 2013, 14:15
Hi Dino,

I read in the manual FAQ's that "the F-35B vertical fight module is not compatible" with Accusim. Can we just turn off Accusim in its control panel in FSX or do we have to uninstall Accusim for the F-35B to work properly?

Thanks,

Joe

AccuFeel, not Accu-Sim. You don't have to uninstall anything. You can disable AccuFeel for this particular aircraft from top menu - Addons -> AccuFeel Setup -> Aircraft On/Off.

whitney17
October 4th, 2013, 15:16
AccuFeel, not Accu-Sim. You don't have to uninstall anything. You can disable AccuFeel for this particular aircraft from top menu - Addons -> AccuFeel Setup -> Aircraft On/Off.
Your right it is Accu-Feel. I was quoting from the manual I printed when I purchased the F-35 from simMarket.com. It appears Dino corrected this in the current manual. I know you can and how to turn Accu-Feel on and off. I've also had experience with different modules in games interfering with each other whether active or not. I recently had to reinstall FSX and did not reinstall the F-35 because I was waiting for this update, so I can't test your advise.

Have you actually flown the F-35B in FSX with Accu-Feel off with no problems?

Thanks,

Joe

gradyhappyg
October 4th, 2013, 16:25
I finally made my first test flight with that new F-35, after updating my VRS TacPac and SuperBug to the latest versions.
The load manager is really nice, seeing the F-35 with all the weapons is quite a lot of fun.
During my flight howerver I had a few dissappointments, some of them being linked to my bad memory.... for example, I forgot the F-35 had no anti-ice systems switches in the cockpit, so after a while I had to fly without any info on my airspeed...
Also, I recognized that there was no laser designation screen and that the weapons cannot be released, target cannot be acquired etc...

Still, for a freeware, this addon is simply fantastic and I kept enjoying my flight :) Also trying to guess why I could not access to VTOL mode anymore... until I jettisoned my stores, to make my plane light enough, of course ! :D

To turn on the anti ice bring up the engine touch screen panel and click on the a-ice circled in red when it's on it will turn from blue to white and have a square around it. Also to use the weapons and other features use the super bug keyboard reference keys.

Montie
October 5th, 2013, 00:06
Just to be clear, will I only see the weapons and load configurator if I have the TacPac?

Daube
October 5th, 2013, 02:41
Thanks for the info on the anti-ice !
For the weapons, I have recently lost my key assignements in the sim, so I'll have to re-read all the documentation.

Dino Cattaneo
October 5th, 2013, 03:21
All,

please have a look at the manual... most of your answers will be there.
Also, note that when you upgrade the Tacpack, Tacpack trigger assignments are deleted (this may be the reason why you are not able to release the weapons).

As for the Tacpack functionalities you may want to have a look at this BASIC tutorial I made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtzCkjbLw08

@Montie

Well, the weapon configurator will not work without the Tacpack - but you can manually change the loadout (in the Fuel and Payload menu) and have the weapons to appear. Anyway, although the focus of the update is on the Tacpack, there are a number of other (minor) tweaks that affect everyone.

@Daube

Weapons should work as per the video above. Laser is automatically shined onto a designated target when a laser guided bomb is selected (but no image will be shown in the MFD for technical reasons)...

YoYo
October 5th, 2013, 04:00
Just to be clear, will I only see the weapons and load configurator if I have the TacPac?

Yep:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35_6_zps2113e07a.jpg~original

Dino Cattaneo
October 5th, 2013, 06:38
@YoYo and @Montie

...correct with one exception: you can still add weapons "manually" by loading weight to the proper station, as per the manual.

In the FSX menus, select: Aircraft -> Fuel and Payload -> Modify Payload to list the stations. For convenience, I am pasting the weights here:

// INTERNAL STORES:
// AIM 120 Slammer: 348 lbs
// GBU 31: 2125 lbs (STATION 4 or 8) ONLY A and C versions!
// GBU 10: 2114 lbs (STATION 4 or 8) ONLY A and C versions!
// GBU 12: 610 lbs (STATION 4 or 8)
// MK84: 2039lbs (STATION 4 or 8) ONLY A and C versions!
// MK83: 986lbs (STATION 4 or 8)
// MK82: 558lbs (STATION 4 or 8)
// EXTERNAL STORES:
// Sidewinder pylon:194 lbs
// Aim9X Sidewinder:188 lbs
// Sidewinder+pylon:382 lbs (STATION 1 OR 11)
// Main external pylons: 350 lbs (STATION 2,3,9,10)
// GBU 31 (2125 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 2475 lbs
// GBU 12 (610 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 960 lbs
// GBU 10 (2114 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 2464 lbs
// JSOW (1041 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 1391 lbs
// MK84 BOMB (2039 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 2389 lbs
// MK83 BOMB (986 lbs) + pylon weight (350) = 1336 lbs
// MK82 BOMB (558 lbs) + pylon weight (350) = 908 lbs
// FUEL TANK (381 lbs) + pylon weight (350) = 731 lbs (ONLY STA3 and STA9)
// Gun pod (only STA 5) 550lbs

Dino Cattaneo
October 5th, 2013, 06:38
Also, setting pilot weight to 201 will make the test flight nose probe appear...

stovall
October 5th, 2013, 06:56
Good stuff Dino, thanks especially for posting the weights above. That should be a great help.

Dino Cattaneo
October 5th, 2013, 09:59
...actually it is all in the manual - but I know nobody reads it!!!:mixedsmi:
I wonder why I spend time writing it down!

Roger
October 5th, 2013, 11:13
I've downloaded all your aircraft Dino:ernae: At last I have a pc that will run jets without the ground scenery going blurry!

Montie
October 5th, 2013, 12:28
Thanks Dino:salute:

heywooood
October 5th, 2013, 18:09

..I think I read that somewhere...lol

Dino - you are a carnsarned GENIUS - don't ever change

Brian_Gladden
October 5th, 2013, 19:34
Hey. Can anyone who is a better painter than me (Most of you) slap a Vermont Air Guard paint of the A model? The VT Guard has been selected to be the only Air Guard unit for the F-35. Something based on the current F-16 scheme would work for me.

Thanks

MCDesigns
October 6th, 2013, 08:49

I hear you Dino! Thanks for all the hard work, outstanding job!!

Brian_Gladden
October 6th, 2013, 10:06
Hey. Can anyone who is a better painter than me (Most of you) slap a Vermont Air Guard paint of the A model? The VT Guard has been selected to be the only Air Guard unit for the F-35. Something based on the current F-16 scheme would work for me.

Thanks

Got off my backside this morning and gave it the ole' college try... Didn't come out too bad if I do say so myself.

Stickshaker
October 6th, 2013, 13:10
Thanks for your hard work and an excellent product, Dino! Only saw the video and didn't fly this version yet, but targeting with the HMD must be a first in FSX! Indeed, I hope the helicopter developers take notice.

Dino Cattaneo
October 6th, 2013, 14:45
As for the HMD target acquisition is not really a "first" - VRS Superbug latest update has a much more advanced and pretty great HMD simulation...mine is just an approximation.

Tacpack implementation for choppers is completely doable - the biggest limitation at the moment afaik is that machine guns are "fixed"... but VRS guys are surely willing to listen.

Emile
October 6th, 2013, 21:07
Thanks a lot Dino.

DaveWG
October 6th, 2013, 22:12
Thanks for another great update Dino. :salute:
Finally pushed me over the edge to get the TacPack.

Chris Sykes
October 7th, 2013, 00:01
Another Tacpack purchaser yesterday here too! Havent tried out the F-35 yet as i was getting to gips with the F/A-18E and keycodes.

YoYo
October 7th, 2013, 01:16
I heared than TacPack will be standalone addon in few days (no nessesery to have Superbug).
Is it correct?

Chris Sykes
October 8th, 2013, 23:38
Hi Dino! This is even better! had a bit of a mission getting the CCIP to show on the hud but eventually got it showing!
One this i did notice was the chaf and flairs will only work in the VC. I really like how the bays auto open on the release of a weapon!

Dino Cattaneo
October 9th, 2013, 05:52
Thanks for the appreciation.

Please be aware that, for the moment, in my implementation Tacpack specific controls will work only in the VC...

Chris Sykes
October 9th, 2013, 07:02
Dino, your more than welcome! Thank you for the information regarding VC implimention...

FentiFlier1
October 14th, 2013, 02:53
I'm sorry to bother with a trivial question, but I'm having trouble with the weight-triggered configurable loadout.

By using the correct weights, I can get the pylons and test flight probe to appear - but not the stores themselves.
I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong. Do I have a missing model file?

Also, my fsx weight menu is in kilograms, not pounds. Is that part of the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Owen.

MCDesigns
October 14th, 2013, 05:32
I heared than TacPack will be standalone addon in few days (no nessesery to have Superbug).
Is it correct?

Man I hope so. I have no interest in the Hornet, but want TacPack badly. :jump:

Sieggie
October 14th, 2013, 06:45
If you are using the Tacpack, there is a menu to load the ordinance, so you do not use the weight to load things. Not sure if that menu is available with out the Tacpack.

Dave

Dino Cattaneo
October 14th, 2013, 07:51
As for the weight question:

- If you are using the Tacpack, you should use the weapon configurator. Otherwise, the TP will not recongnize them as valid weapons. You can also edit the arcraft.cfg to change your default loadout (note that invalid weights or configs are hardcoded....)

- If you are not using TP, provided you have the weights units in lbs, you should simply enter the number in the proper pylon and it should work... but I have to confess I have not tried without TP in the latest iterations of the Store Management System code...so it may well be there is some piece of code that resets the visibility conditions... Will check and let you know.

FentiFlier1
October 14th, 2013, 08:16
Hi Dino,

The problem was simpler than I thought - after scratching my head and slogging through the .cfg file, I ended up having the bright idea of simply looking in the user interface fsx menu. I changed the measuring unit from kilos to pounds and everything is now working fine. Blush :redf:

Thank you so much for the F-35, it is a fabulous add-on!

Owen.

Christoph_T
October 28th, 2013, 13:49
Will their be a paintkit for this excellent rendition one fine day??
Would like to do my own paints for this aircraft!

Best Regards

Christoph

YoYo
March 11th, 2014, 14:46
Hi,

I noticed some of changes in the last version of Dino's F-35 (2.38):

1/ No HMD mode? This function was before on Shift+2.

From 2.30 of Panel.cfg:

[Window01]
Background_color=0,0,0
visible=0
ident=10091
alpha_blend=0.90
position=5
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
size_mm=1024,1024

gauge00=F35!F35HMD, 0, 0, 1024, 1024

Now is:

[Window01]
BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
size_mm=156,308
position=8
visible=0
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
zorder=3

No HMD mode? So = no possibility to use TacPack as it was described in manual (mark a target for guided bombs in A/S mode) or I miss something?

2/ After 10-20 min. I have Warning red massage "Low RPM" and dont know why.
Engine stopped in the air. Any ideas (D-Ice on) ?

Dino Cattaneo
March 11th, 2014, 15:10
@YoYo HMD - The latest version implements a conformal HMD via Tacpack. This allows proper ground targeting and AIM-9X off-boresight lock and launch...drawback: does not work without the Tacpack. Engine shutoff during flight - I have no idea... there is no reason why it should happen apart from a "normal" flameout...

YoYo
March 11th, 2014, 21:47
Hi Dino!

Yes, I have the latest version of TacPack (stanalone), so how I can turn on HMD mode now if I cant use Shift+2?

When I change mode from A/N to A/S or A/A I dont see this digits in corners as automatic and point for targeting system in the center of view (diamond?). Knob from VC only now turns on HUD only. Manual is from the 2.30 still : ).

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_4_zps3224d113.jpg~original

Dino Cattaneo
March 12th, 2014, 00:29
...Well, it should be aleady on.

I am not sure if it falls into the "Experimental Features" category... so it may be disabled. Viewpoint tracking is toggled with CONTROL+SHIFT+H - and camera rolling movements is not supported. Note it will work only with DX9. It should be working fine, as I know it does from other users....

(Note that manual is not updated....nor it will be, I think, as I have lost the source files).

YoYo
March 12th, 2014, 01:47
Checked:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_Screenshot28952_zpsbfea7c12.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/Screenshot28952_zpsbfea7c12.jpg.html)

Yes You have right. This HMD works only now on Dx9, not on "Dx10 Steve fixer" which I use : (.

Need a mod ; ) !

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_5_zps9f99611f.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_5_zps9f99611f.jpg.html)

Dino Cattaneo
March 12th, 2014, 03:14
Actually the problem is that some of the Tacpack magic (night vision, HMD, FLIR functionality) works by hijacking DirectX 9.0 calls...those functions will not work in DX10.

By the way, there are some bugs in the weapons release logic which mostly affect release sequence for the inner external pylons.
I have an unreleased build with several fixes (including that) - it will be released as soon as I can find the time.

YoYo
March 12th, 2014, 09:39
Ok, Thank You for explanations Dino.

As the A/A mode works very well...

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_7_zpsd14ad987.jpg~original

... but some questions about A/S.

What exactly this diamond shows from HMD (for sure target but...)? When I press the trigger it isnt in the center of cross but a little less on right of cross, and looks like it lost a position. If I press some times a trigger , this diamond jumps from some positions (objects in FSX?).

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_6_zps370b12a8.jpg~original

odourboy
March 12th, 2014, 10:49
Actually the problem is that some of the Tacpack magic (night vision, HMD, FLIR functionality) works by hijacking DirectX 9.0 calls...those functions will not work in DX10.

By the way, there are some bugs in the weapons release logic which mostly affect release sequence for the inner external pylons.
I have an unreleased build with several fixes (including that) - it will be released as soon as I can find the time.

I asked VRS about this some time ago...

"The TacPack will work fine with DX-10
preview, but the FLIR imagery will not, and never will.

Regards,

Jon Blum
Vertical Reality Simulations
www.vrsimulations.com"

Dino Cattaneo
March 13th, 2014, 00:53
Yoyo,

the diamond is indeed the A/S target designator, but it is not linked to simulation objects in any way - it just marks the spot.

Basically, when you select the A/S mode the radar is set to A/G mode and set to radiate mode.
Then, if targeting is TOO (Target Of Opportunity - default mode- you can select it in the SMS page in the latest version of the F-35):
- Whenever the user hits the trigger, radar is steered (within is limits) to the pilot line of sight and the intersection (reflection) of the radar beam with the ground is designated as target (diamond).
- If the selected ordnance is guided, either GPS or laser, GPS coordinates are uploaded to the ordnance (for laser weapons provides guidance reference if the laser beam is not detected).
- If the selected ordnance is laser guided, laser is turned on and illuminates the designated target (and turned off otherwise)
- Ordnance is released by pressing the Pickle button

If the target mode is PP (Pre Planned) the difference is that the diamond is assigned to the current waypoint of the flight plan (by current I mean the one you have not reached yet but the navigation system is currently poiting to).

The A/S system has three bugs that I know of:
- There is a slight misalignment between the pilot LOS and the target that is actually designated (it is not clear to me where this comes from - and if it is a graphical or computation error)
- The target designator symbol tends to lag a little on pilot head movements (I believe there is nothing I can do about this)
- Some users are reporting poor inaccuracy of some ordnance. Root cause is not clear. System also does not report minimum release altitude.

Note that AFAIK Tacpack takes in account the blast radius (targets get damaged by nearby explosions).

Dino Cattaneo
March 13th, 2014, 02:18
...one additional note for users which may not be familiar with the Superbug (and ordnance release modes in general): in AUTO release modes, the actual weapon release is inhibited if certain conditions are not met (no valid trajectory solution available - not within max range - steering error too big).

YoYo
March 13th, 2014, 15:32
Thank You Dino.

For sure, in RL I know it. It was just a question in sim but tested Today and it looks like is it better than I think before. Maybe this "diamond" has a small bug, but guided bombs hits a point which I show and mark by HMD. Marking of "Diamond" is on a little less and right always.

: ) !

Dino Cattaneo
March 14th, 2014, 00:38
You are welcome.

As I said, a minor update is in the works - with low priority.
The Diamond misplacement is probably just a graphical misalignment... I'll check.

Regards

Dino

YoYo
March 14th, 2014, 01:15
You are welcome.

As I said, a minor update is in the works - with low priority.
The Diamond misplacement is probably just a graphical misalignment... I'll check.

Regards

Dino

Roger Dino! And Thank You for incoming update.

Direct Hits!

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_12_zpsba7a2b68.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_12_zpsba7a2b68.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_11_zpsddb23555.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_11_zpsddb23555.jpg.html)

And one thing - sometimes I noticed SAFE info on HUD, when I have ARM (here example of GBU-10), on HMD the name is ok too, only on HUD I see different info, see this:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_Screenshot30459_zps674a5afa.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/Screenshot30459_zps674a5afa.jpg.html)

Dino Cattaneo
March 14th, 2014, 07:38
Will look into the ARM/SAFE thing... most likely one is reporting the MASTER ARM switch status, while the other may show the firing consent (which requires additional condition e.g. Landing gear up).

Anyway, it is good to know you guys appreciate the Tacpack integration - it was a considerable effort from my side...but totally worth in terms of added functionalities.

YoYo
March 15th, 2014, 03:57
Today tested carrier ops with TacPack. Works very well! Impossible to miss the deck ; >>> .

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_17_zpsc0c3764d.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_16_zps530189b0.jpg~original

YoYo
March 15th, 2014, 13:01
And trainings of refueling.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_20_zps68ffb90e.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_21_zps06e8dc0d.jpg~original

Shane Strong CYHZ
March 15th, 2014, 18:02
I would love it if tacpac would come out for p3dv2 :)

YoYo
March 15th, 2014, 23:43
Dino, is it possible to have additional fuel if I take external tanks by TacPack? It isnt work now - so only graphic eye candies.

JensOle
March 16th, 2014, 03:34
Norway is waiting for the first F-35A's and albeit we do not yet know how they will look, I have painted up the A in a scheme mimicking the current F-16 scheme. As they will most likely be pooled with centralized maintenance, we will continue to see the Norwegian flag chevron instead of individual squadron markings. Maybe we will see unit art for the fleet used by the training flight in the US. As of now it might look like only 331 and 332 sqn will convert to the F-35 and that might see the 338 sqn number be used for the training flight.

It will be interesting to see how the procurement goes for the other European nations, as of now it might look like Norway with the planned 52 aircraft buy may end up with one of the largest fleet on the continent... Putin is doing a very good job as Lockheed sales rep at the moment, so that might change... I have already made a Polish paint as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/RNoAF/Scrshot170.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/RNoAF/Scrshot162.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/RNoAF/Scrshot156.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/RNoAF/Scrshot166.jpg~original

YoYo
March 16th, 2014, 06:42
Nice skin!

I have already made a Polish paint as well.

According this : http://www.altair.com.pl/news/view?news_id=12775 maybe in 2021 :mixed-smiley-010: .

@For Dino, some of suggestions:

1/ working external tanks (as additional fuel)

2/ is it possible (like the other VOR settings) see the "diamond" on the tanker if we take a his VOR (TacPack)? Here example - freq. is set up on the tanker, but no "diamond" on KC-135:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_Screenshot12624_zpsa618fa02.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/Screenshot12624_zpsa618fa02.jpg.html)

3/ something too same on the USS Nimitz (TacPack). VOR + ILS. On the default Carrier if I set up a VOR I dont see a "diamond", but if I take ILS I see it (ILS only working good, "diamond" for VOR dosent work). Example:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_Screenshot47960_zps086667c0.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/Screenshot47960_zps086667c0.jpg.html)

But If I take VOR/ILS on USS Nimitz - its isnt work (diamond), but ILS working good too (without diamond). Strange why?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_Screenshot52732_zpsf493503e.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/Screenshot52732_zpsf493503e.jpg.html)

ST0RM
March 16th, 2014, 10:57
A new skin for Dino's F-35A

Luke AFB got their first Lightning and unveiled it this past weekend.

YoYo
March 16th, 2014, 11:18
Where did You take this Luke scenery? I know inly this one: http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/6929/fsx-luke-afb-scenery/ .

JensOle
March 16th, 2014, 11:56
Maybe something we will see in the future, Polish F-35A.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot173-1.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/JensOle/Europe/Scrshot176.jpg~original

Bomber_12th
March 16th, 2014, 12:35
As STORM mentioned, the air show this weekend at Luke Air Force Base (Luke Days) saw the first unveiling to the public of the F-35 Lightning II. This included an aerial display and heritage flight with the Air Museum Planes of Fame's P-38 Lightning. A good selection of photos from the show (and this particular F-35) can be found in this album here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaylt4/sets/72157642371768473/

(It's good to see the military displays back in action this year!)

This photo was shared by POF via Steve Hinton:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/Bomber_12th001/1002650_10152050106693790_656252409_n_zps29b376ca. jpg~original (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Bomber_12th/media/Bomber_12th001/1002650_10152050106693790_656252409_n_zps29b376ca. jpg.html)

ST0RM
March 16th, 2014, 12:43
Where did You take this Luke scenery? I know inly this one: http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/6929/fsx-luke-afb-scenery/ .

It's the package from MAIW. It's FS9, but works ok in FSX. The traffic bgl can be converted so the AI traffic will fly.

Dino Cattaneo
March 17th, 2014, 00:54
Guys,

It is great to see that the standalone version of the Tacpack injected new life into the F-35 project.
As for the possibility of a P3Dv2 version of the Tacpack, we'll see - I am sure that they will give it a try if LM / licence allows them (as it may interfere with the Professional Pro licence)at would require quite a lot of work by VRS...

Some comments to Yoyo suggestions:

- Working external tanks, afaik, there is no quick and easy way to make them work in FSX or P3DV2, as the real-time interface to the fuel system is quite limited... this is why they are cosmetic only (as clearly stated in the manual BTW)

- The diamond is absent from ILS-generated Tacans... it is not that easy for me to add it. This explains the difference between Tacpack-generated and non-tacpack generated carriers. There is an hardcoded support for the default carrier, for Javier's Nimitz and for the Clemenceau that will display the diamond and everything if accessed as "regular" carriers, but that's it.

- Same as above, Tankers have a Tacpack-based Tacan associated to them - and will not show the diamond.

So, these are not bugs (meaning the code is working as intended). Improving this functions is not easy for me, and will not be considered a priority.

-

DaveWG
March 17th, 2014, 02:12
Hey Dino, as part of the mods to my Hunters for Tacpack integration I needed to add or remove external tanks depending on the loadout. I used Doug Dawsons fuel dump gauge to fill or empty the tanks accordingly. You just need to specify which tanks, & the fill / dump rate via xml l:vars. Set a really high rate & it's done pretty much instantly. Works great.

Dino Cattaneo
March 17th, 2014, 02:39
Thanks for the tip, Dave

I knew Doug's gauge - but I usually steer away from additional dll/gauges especially if I am not sure they will work in P3Dv2... Moreover, another problem is that I will have to redo the FUEL / MFD page.
In reality, my main problem is time...

Dino Cattaneo
March 27th, 2014, 00:46
...by the way, I've found the time to play with Doug's gauge and it is easier than I thought. The F-14D has now "working" external tanks (i.e. the gauge depletes immediately the fuel in the external tanks if not present) - I will add that feature to the F-35, too but this requires some more time.

YoYo
March 27th, 2014, 08:25
I will add that feature to the F-35, too but this requires some more time.

:applause: Good news! I did yesterday 1,5h patrol over Crimea with extarnal tanks, but without extra fuel for this : ] .

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_43_zpsdb34d7c6.jpg~original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7IIksCxxM0

YoYo
March 29th, 2014, 23:48
Hi Dino!

How it works?

"-TACPACK ONLY: Support for Pre-planned target. Selecting PP as A/S target, the current waypoint (if any) is designated as target.
NOTE: Upon reaching the waypoint, the next waypoint is automatically designated...better be quick when releasing the weapons."

So I need only to take a waypoint from the plan (for example VOR), next, near the target take A/S mode and no need to assign the target by HMD, Im right? Not tested yet, but looks like good option for AGM-154C.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_46_zps40842196.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_46_zps40842196.jpg.html)

1/ Btw. always my GBU 10/12 miss the target (A/S and Auto mode), with GBU 31 no any problem. Maybe a small bug? Same as here:
http://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=12359&p=89454#p89454

2/ Is it possible to do in the air refuel in real time (like for example with Harrier of Razbam)? Now I need only 1 sec to fill all tanks in the air :). I havent Superbug, but its a problem of TacPack or programming of model?

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_45_zpsfdd71096.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_45_zpsfdd71096.jpg.html)

ST0RM
March 30th, 2014, 06:30
Not a solution, but may help if the rate can be adjusted. If a rate of 1500ppm can be used, that would be realistic.

Dino,

I took the F-35A from Comox to Hill AFB and noticed my flight path on the MFD was offset right by 10 miles verse the true path I was following. This also changed how I was seeing traffic on the radar as they be would also be offset and out of view. I haven't gone through the manual to check if this is known, but figured I'd mention it. I am still loving it though. Thanks!

Jeff

YoYo
March 30th, 2014, 11:19
And the new suggestion. Picture in Picture with TacPack? I know its a free (donation) model, but if Dino will find a time...

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/Nowy-3_zpsc62421cd.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/Nowy-3_zpsc62421cd.jpg.html)

It can works as PiP option like in A-10A of Iris.

F-35B in STOL Config. of Royal Navy. Ramp test : ) :

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_47_zps9d7ebf9f.jpg~original

Dino Cattaneo
March 30th, 2014, 23:23
Miscellaneous answers:

- PP Target works as you described. You set the flight plan, and then the ground target is assigned to the new waypoint. Problem maybe that, since WP switch is automated, it may switch to the next WP too early in some cases. Should be good for AGM-154

- The real F-35 supports both DAS and TFLIR imagery PiP in the HMD. This can be done in Tacpack (but only one sensor at once), but would require a labor-intesive modification which I do not have the time to pursue. Note that it could be done in P3Dv2.1 (and then in 2.2 it should also be possible to simulate the SAR antenna) without additional mods

- The refuel problem is not due to the Tacpack. Problem with fuel flow is that, by default, you cannot add an arbitrary small quantity of fuel... hence the refuel is almost immediate. It is possible to overcome this with Doug Dawson's refuel/fuel dump gauge. I have done so in the new Tomcat which should have a proper refuel rate (but I have not tested it yet)

- There is an unidentified bug with laser guided bombs, so they tend to miss the target in AUTO and MAN modes. They seem to work fine in CCIP.

- MFD Flight path: there may be an offset in the MAP mode...I'll check.

An F-35 update is in the work - probably out in a month or so.

YoYo
March 31st, 2014, 15:06
Miscellaneous answers:

- PP Target works as you described. You set the flight plan, and then the ground target is assigned to the new waypoint. Problem maybe that, since WP switch is automated, it may switch to the next WP too early in some cases. Should be good for AGM-154

TY Dino for answers!
In not sure with Pre Planned option. Here example, near the target:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_Screenshot19415_zpsae73f279.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/Screenshot19415_zpsae73f279.jpg.html)

Tested Today over Afghanistan ; > with NASA, Raytheon and Lockheed support ;). Used GBU 31 and AGM 154. Target - next waypoint, armed, take a dedicated weapon but I dont see "condition for release" bombs and Pickle key doesnt work. Hmm, any ideas?
If I set a target by HMD I can use a Pickle and no problems.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_51_zps01248779.jpg~original

Dino Cattaneo
April 1st, 2014, 00:11
I'll have a look at this as soon as I come back from a businness trip... I am positive it worked when I wrote it (select PP, but you could pick any release mode), but since then I have changed other things which may have screwed up the system.

Regards

Dino

jetstreamsky
April 1st, 2014, 14:12
http://www.asdnews.com/mobile/news/54129/US_and_UK_join_forces_in_recent__F35_ship_integrat ion_trials.htm

this may be of interest to the naval simmers

Dino Cattaneo
April 5th, 2014, 01:41
@Yoyo

I did some testing and it is confirmed that the PP mode has a bug: target will not be displayed on the MHD, unless a TOO target is designated first. Once a TOO target is designated, you can return to PP mode and the target location will be correctly read from the flight plan.
Release of weapons is then not inhibited (except the usual restrictions in AUTO mode)...

YoYo
April 6th, 2014, 01:10
@Yoyo

I did some testing and it is confirmed that the PP mode has a bug: target will not be displayed on the MHD, unless a TOO target is designated first. Once a TOO target is designated, you can return to PP mode and the target location will be correctly read from the flight plan.
Release of weapons is then not inhibited (except the usual restrictions in AUTO mode)...

Thank You Dino! I will wait for update too : -).

Some of testing from Multiplayer yesterday:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_55_zpscf36e5af.jpg~original

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_58_zps6573c6da.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_58_zps6573c6da.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_56_zps025236a1.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_56_zps025236a1.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_57_zps2cec3ccc.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_57_zps2cec3ccc.jpg.html)

YoYo
April 6th, 2014, 22:05
Tested PP Option and it works (as Dino said) but must take PP mode. Working good.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_61_zps58129d4f.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_61_zps58129d4f.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_62_zps6a4de73e.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_62_zps6a4de73e.jpg.html)

YoYo
April 8th, 2014, 13:34
Today we did one Multi mission with TP, planned mission on F-35 according one scenario. Here some of screenies. Amazing, 2,5 h mission in FSX! Thank YOOOUU Dino!!!

Part 1. Start and way to our carrier. Landing for rearmament.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_71_zpseddbefe5.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_71_zpseddbefe5.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_71b_zpsc9fb1fdc.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_71b_zpsc9fb1fdc.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_72_zpsc0cfd017.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_72_zpsc0cfd017.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_73_zps6a0522a0.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_73_zps6a0522a0.jpg.html)

YoYo
April 8th, 2014, 13:35
Part 2.

Take off with two F-35C and in the air refuel. yes, we need it and next go to next waypoint - ground target.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_74_zps93961921.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_74_zps93961921.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_75_zps53a565d4.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_75_zps53a565d4.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_77_zpsa00dde78.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_77_zpsa00dde78.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_76_zps754bbcd7.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_76_zps754bbcd7.jpg.html)

YoYo
April 8th, 2014, 13:35
Part 3. Hit PrePlanned target by me and second pilot by AGM-154 and some of dog with AIM-9X and cannon.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_78_zps21591055.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_78_zps21591055.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_79_zps79be7ef5.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_79_zps79be7ef5.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_80_zpsed12d07c.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_80_zpsed12d07c.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_81_zps6b4e9f6b.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_81_zps6b4e9f6b.jpg.html)

YoYo
April 8th, 2014, 13:36
Part 4. Back to carrier at night.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_83_zpsfd546b3a.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_83_zpsfd546b3a.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_84_zpsb826a732.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_84_zpsb826a732.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_85_zps3f5755e8.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_85_zps3f5755e8.jpg.html) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/F-35%20Lightning%20II/th_F-35_Lightning_86_zpsf547f392.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/F-35%20Lightning%20II/F-35_Lightning_86_zpsf547f392.jpg.html)

TacPack is the new approach for FSX. In TOTAL!!!

YoYo
April 10th, 2014, 13:24
Two models of Dino ; -))))

http://i0.wp.com/news.usni.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Refuel_1_LG.jpg?resize=625%2C417

Sundog
April 10th, 2014, 15:22
Two models of Dino ; -)))) Actually that tanker doesn't exist yet. That isn't an S-3, it's a C-3 and has a completely new fuselage, though it would reuse the wings, engines, vertical tail and horizontal tail. ;) It's Lockheed's proposal for a new C.O.D. aircraft that will use the S-3's at Davis Monthan A.B. and rebuild them into the C-3.

Just the same, I do know what you meant and I'm looking forward to the release of his S-3; Which I do realize is still a ways off, but it is coming along nicely based on the images at his website.

YoYo
April 10th, 2014, 22:55
Sundog, its a "graphical" concept only :). Not released yet.

Victory103
April 11th, 2014, 08:36
Brought up before:

http://news.usni.org/2014/04/08/lockheed-pitching-revamped-viking-fill-carrier-cargo-tanking-roles

YoYo
October 12th, 2014, 05:55
Dino's model on the screen :).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10358128_1560455667519305_5909114286654433820_n.jp g?oh=28163bcc2ba130b38276c8e23a152764&oe=54AC0D3A&__gda__=1421501699_fca99b201dddb92b9855a97f32e5dc3 b

Just... volant? ;)

YoYo
August 26th, 2015, 10:30
I know, Dino finished project of F-35A/B/C for FSX and started to develop only P3D version (pity!).

Today I was on the secret ; ) presentation of RL F-35 Lightning II simulator done by Lockheed.
Great and lucky day!

Now I see how good work Dino did with this model and TacPack version (I spent many hours with Dino's F-35)!
btw. "real" FM of F-35A is very, very easy, more easy than in FSX : ].
Aircraft is very stable but dynamic and intuitive.

http://s25.postimg.org/3l5d1qsq6/DSC_0026.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/q8km7w8a6/DSC_00264.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/hg3nk7n5a/DSC_00263.jpg

http://s25.postimg.org/84d09il7y/DSC_00262.jpg

Dino Cattaneo
August 26th, 2015, 23:24
Thanks for the appreciation!

The new version I am working on is for P3Dv2 only - and it is based on the latest material I could find (mostly Full Mission Simulator videos and official LM / armed forces powerpoint slides) - it should be a definite improvement over the current one.

P3Dv2.5 has been chosen for three reasons:
- Better frame rates on the new, more complex visual model
- Possibility to have multiple sensor video onto both the VC and 2D MFD (including subportals and full screen) - this is VERY easy to to in P3Dv2
- Possibility to have proper A-S radar images easily (native support)
- Lack of time to develop a FSX and a P3D2.5 version

Once ready, I will have a look at a FSX downgrade (i.e. getting rid of the P3Dv2 only features)... I have already tried it, as theoretically it should work (new commands would just be ignored)...but no joy. The MFD does not work... I'll come back to that later on.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27796&stc=1

Stickshaker
August 27th, 2015, 10:26
Dino, I wanted to migrate to P3D when it gets to 64 bit, but you make it difficult for me to wait! Will you implement the presentation of the Distributed Aperture System image on the HMD?

Dino Cattaneo
August 27th, 2015, 14:48
At the moment, I believe I should be able to present only the TFLIR view on the HMD - that is because (due to my non-existent C++ skills) I cannot write a controller for a second sensor camera... and I am having Tacpack to control the TFlir view.... so for the moment DAS will be forward looking only. I have not tried it yet as the priority is to deliver the updated HMD.

Stickshaker
August 28th, 2015, 02:23
Dino, having he TFLIR view is already very nice.probably a feature not yet to be found on any other sim plane!
YoYo, did you notice that the VTOL controls in Dino's plane work like those in the LM simulator?