PDA

View Full Version : B-17 engine sounds

Fibber
January 16th, 2009, 09:44
Anyone know of the location of a good set of engine sounds for the B-17's F&G?

Rami
January 16th, 2009, 09:50
The only 4-engined Cyclone comes in the B-17 donationware pack...at least that I know of.

Fibber
January 16th, 2009, 12:12
Rami;
Thanks for the reply.:wavey:

Devildog73
January 17th, 2009, 18:04
I just use Lawdog's B-24 sounds for B-17s.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 17th, 2009, 18:20
Anyone know of the location of a good set of engine sounds for the B-17's F&G?

I should have some good sounds for the 1% B-17G from VF15. They're on my other computer. PM me with your email and I'll see if I can send them to you. (I assume they are seperate wav files and not aliased to something else :whistle: )

MaskRider
January 17th, 2009, 21:35
Anybody know Jay McDaniel's SOH handle?

Shadow Wolf 07
January 18th, 2009, 07:21
I should have some good sounds for the 1% B-17G from VF15. They're on my other computer. PM me with your email and I'll see if I can send them to you. (I assume they are seperate wav files and not aliased to something else :whistle: )

I just checked, it's the B-17E and engine sounds are aliased to the Wildcat... oh well.

Fibber
January 18th, 2009, 18:47
SW;
Thanks for the offer anyway.:ernae:

OBIO
January 18th, 2009, 20:10
Lawdog's sound pack for the Brewster F2A is a pretty good representation of the Cyclone. I can knock together a 4 engine config file in short order and upload it (if I can get into the upload server) or attach the config file as a text document.

OBIO

Okidokee...using Lawdog's new sound pack for the Dauntless...which also used the Cyclone radial...I put together a four engine sound pack for the B-17. I have to go find a four engine plane to test it out on....with the loss of all my sim installs yesterday, the only planes I have installed are the stock FS2004 planes and 3 vintage add on planes....and the start up sequence on the Boeing 747 just isn't fit for testing radial engines.

Blondi
January 19th, 2009, 03:49
Obio, Are you going to upload this sound file?I'd love to have it. Also has anyone made a sound file for the Betty?

BLONDI:cost1:

OBIO
January 19th, 2009, 09:02
Blondi

I will be uploading the sound file as soon as I get it tested out...I have no CFS2 installs at the moment, and just a stock FS2004 install with just a few vintage single engine planes added. SO, no working 4 engine radial to test the sounds out on at the moment. Will find one for FS2004, install and get the pack uploaded ASAP.

A while back, in a thread started by Devildog, I attached the sound config files to make twin engine packs using Lawdog's Zero and Val packs...suitable for the Betty and Nell. When my HD/OS exploded the other day, I lost those sound packs..along with about 50 others I had either downloaded or "made" from existing packs....so I will have a lot of recreating to do.

OBIO