PDA

View Full Version : UH-1 for FSX

Odie
January 16th, 2009, 09:40
I saw a picture of a payware UH-1 Huey for FSX but haven't a clue as to who is producing/produced it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Boomer
January 16th, 2009, 10:01
I believe Abacus has done one....

kilo delta
January 16th, 2009, 10:02
Aerosoft and Dodosim are designing Hueys, afaik.:)

Aerosoft... http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=103&t=18527

Dodosim...... http://64.34.169.161/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=46;t=11985;st=0

IanP
January 16th, 2009, 10:16
There's one by Abacus currently available. I have the 1wk demo and won't be buying. Aerosoft are doing a more in-depth one which looks very nice, but isn't available yet (or, probably, for some time!)

some1
January 16th, 2009, 10:42
The Aerosoft's one is currently on hold, according to their forums.

Odie
January 16th, 2009, 12:05
Thanks, I beleive now it was the Aerosoft one I saw. Hope it comes off of hold status; their work is very detailed.

kilo delta
January 16th, 2009, 12:17
By the looks of it Aerosoft have the better model and Dodosim should have the better flying dynamics......maybe they should work hand in hand on this one? :amen:

Cactuskid
January 16th, 2009, 19:09
I really looking forward to a native FSX Huey. I've been flying this ported UH-1B around 'Nam. It flies OK, but as you can see, it has the usual rotor/cloud issues. Oh well, it's better than a poke in the eye...

IanP
January 17th, 2009, 03:49
That's not a B... it's a D or an H (compare the doors on the side with photos of a B... ;))

Whose is it? I tried porting in a MEDEVAC B and most of the model was missing in SP2.

Ian P.

michael davies
January 17th, 2009, 03:55
That's not a B... it's a D or an H (compare the doors on the side with photos of a B... ;))

Whose is it? I tried porting in a MEDEVAC B and most of the model was missing in SP2.

Ian P.

Ian, I dont think there are any Bs around ?, I didnt find any usable ones when I began developing mine, most developers tend to opt for the long fuselage variant or the twin engine types. Cant remember the exact variants I'd planned, but Army and USMC were two of them, a B and an E ?, must dig that old project out again LOL, it'd be nice to get it going with out the poly limits for FS9 that I originally had.

Best

Michael

kilo delta
January 17th, 2009, 04:05
I'd previously been using this model. I think that I got it at Simviation?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/fsx2007-05-2719-53-43-79.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/fsx2007-05-2719-37-10-98.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/GeeTI/huey.jpg

AckAck
January 17th, 2009, 09:08
It looks like Abacus' to me (I don't think it is Dean Baunton's), and it was posted on Simviation a couple of times, but was removed both times because it was a payware item posted to a freeware site. I think the demo and single version Abacus has is a slick or a medevac, but the armed version was in the Chopper Havoc(?) package, which has apparently been replaced by the Military Helicopters 2 package?

As far as B's and C's, there have been a few around (Lynn Rogers, Richard Frady, TheLZ) but I don't think any of them port over to FSX well (if at all).

Brian

IanP
January 17th, 2009, 09:20
TheLZ's B model Dust-Off is the one I tried, which wasn't successful.

The new Abacus one looks nice from the outside, but has a very irritating looping startup sound in spot view and the panel isn't that good.

kilo delta
January 17th, 2009, 09:27
It looks like Abacus' to me (I don't think it is Dean Baunton's), and it was posted on Simviation a couple of times, but was removed both times because it was a payware item posted to a freeware site. I think the demo and single version Abacus has is a slick or a medevac, but the armed version was in the Chopper Havoc(?) package, which has apparently been replaced by the Military Helicopters 2 package?

As far as B's and C's, there have been a few around (Lynn Rogers, Richard Frady, TheLZ) but I don't think any of them port over to FSX well (if at all).

Brian

These screenies were taken back in 2007, can't remember who the developer was. I don't have it in my current FSX hangar.....I'll hold out for a native fsx Huey (with a good vc) :)

Cactuskid
January 17th, 2009, 10:43

Ian P.

Yep, my bad... It is a D model. I looked up the readme and it was ported by Eric Buchmann, and I'm pretty sure I got it at Simviation. The screenie was shot in SP1, and it worked fine except for the usual ported cloud issue. It will not work in SP2/Accel. If I remember right, it was pulled from Simviation because it was originally FS9 payware...

IanP
January 17th, 2009, 10:59
That's the Abacus one. Does it have the horrible looped engine start effect sound when looking at it from outside that the current one does?

There is still a Huey Gunship based on the Dean Baunton model at Simviation which isn't too bad, I was just testing it. TheLZ one isn't as bad as I thought it was either - the big problem with that one is the way the spinning blades are done... See screenie below. Many of the gauges are also FS98 vintage and FSX doesn't support them, but that's resolvable the old fashioned way if I really wanted to (i.e. put new ones in!)

empeck
January 17th, 2009, 11:16
I'm waiting for Dodosim one.

MCDesigns
January 17th, 2009, 13:50
Yep, my bad... It is a D model. I looked up the readme and it was ported by Eric Buchmann, and I'm pretty sure I got it at Simviation. The screenie was shot in SP1, and it worked fine except for the usual ported cloud issue. It will not work in SP2/Accel. If I remember right, it was pulled from Simviation because it was originally FS9 payware...

dang, been using this one for awhile now, wasn't aware it was a payware theft, bummer. Works fine in FSX accell SP2 for me though with the usual prop issues and has a great exterior, but the VC needs some work (why I guess I didn't realize it was a payware bird)

I'm dying for a native FSX detailed bird also. was waiting for the DoDosim one, but doubt I will support that one since they stopped development to work on the 206 (which I have no interest in)

Sure wish I had Deane's huey source in Gmax, we'd be flying it right about now if so! :amen:

euroastar350
January 17th, 2009, 15:24
Well if I can get someone with FSDSV3.51 and knows all the FSX texturing and animations, I can deliver a UH1H for you all. Best of all, will be freeware:ernae: So who's going to step up to the challenge?:wiggle:

Wozza
January 17th, 2009, 18:22
Well if I can get someone with FSDSV3.51 and knows all the FSX texturing and animations, I can deliver a UH1H for you all. Best of all, will be freeware:ernae: So who's going to step up to the challenge?:wiggle:
Hi Mate
Is this Jordan Moores (spelling?) base model?
why not have a go yourself :) I can help with the conversion just a we tad busy these days
Cheers
Wozza

euroastar350
January 18th, 2009, 20:07
Hi Mate
Is this Jordan Moores (spelling?) base model?
why not have a go yourself :) I can help with the conversion just a we tad busy these days
Cheers
Wozza

Hi mate,

I did manage to get a test model of the 412 into FSX, sans the new materials, etc. Besides the prop animations needing to be keyframed, does old keyframe animation using new tags work or do they need to be animated to FSX spec?

Wozza
January 18th, 2009, 20:27
Hi mate,

I did manage to get a test model of the 412 into FSX, sans the new materials, etc. Besides the prop animations needing to be keyframed, does old keyframe animation using new tags work or do they need to be animated to FSX spec?
Hi
Yeah they need to be keyframed animated as per the fsx sdk.
A lot of animations need to have a parent part otherwise they go walkabout.Id say about 20 % of the older keyframes will work maybe less,I tend to strip em all out and start again in the long run it takes less time.
I found the easiest way to do props/wheels ect,was to make a single polly with the same x,y,z axis as the old prop parts then animate it,make 3 copys of it calling each prop0_slow prop0_still Prop0_blurred,then link all the old parts to these renaming the old fs9 Prop0 parts to thing like hub blade disk ect ect
cheers
Wozza