PDA

View Full Version : How to add USS Enterprise to AI Carriers?

golakers
October 2nd, 2013, 18:10
How do I add Team SDB USS Enterprise to the AI Carriers menu without Prepar3D? There are some vague instructions in the CVN65 manual, but that didn't help me. Did anyone try this and succeded?

FSX68
October 2nd, 2013, 18:34
How do I add Team SDB USS Enterprise to the AI Carriers menu without Prepar3D? There are some vague instructions in the CVN65 manual, but that didn't help me. Did anyone try this and succeded?

I'd like to know that too.....

TARPSBird
October 2nd, 2013, 18:41
If you've already installed the Team SDB Enterprise go to:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Boats\CVN65_Enterprise\AICarriers\con f.d
Copy/paste the CVN65_Enterprise.cfg file from the Enterprise conf.d folder to the conf.d folder in the AICarriers program folder.
That's about it. You don't have to add or edit any lines in the aicarriers.cfg file like with some other carriers.

fsafranek
October 2nd, 2013, 21:53
Thanks TARPSbird. I tried to make it as easy as possible by doing most of the work.
:ernae:

TARPSBird
October 2nd, 2013, 22:11
You're welcome, Frank. I think it's adding the ship's .cfg file to the conf.d folder vice editing the aicarriers.cfg file that confuses some folks. Not just the SDB Enterprise, I have 4-5 more of various CV groups that use the same routine for AICarriers.

golakers
October 3rd, 2013, 04:32
Thank you, I'm gonna try that.

Which carriers do you have? I've read a post somewhere where someone claimed to have 11 different carriers. I've got the Nimitz/Eisenhower, Enterprise, Charles De Gaulle and Clemenceau. I'm not counting the empty default carriers... I would absolutely love to help someone make the John F. Kennedy and Saratoga. I'm good with textures.

Navy Chief
October 3rd, 2013, 06:32
Regarding The AI.cfg file.....if I wanted to remove the "empty" or clear deck carriers from it, is it simply a matter of deleting those entries? Thanks. NC

fsafranek
October 3rd, 2013, 09:52
Thank you, I'm gonna try that.

Which carriers do you have? I've read a post somewhere where someone claimed to have 11 different carriers. I've got the Nimitz/Eisenhower, Enterprise, Charles De Gaulle and Clemenceau. I'm not counting the empty default carriers... I would absolutely love to help someone make the John F. Kennedy and Saratoga. I'm good with textures.
The most recent Clémenceau is packaged with the Foch.
And there is a repaint to make the Foch into the Brazilian Carrier São Paulo.

This link below will hook you up with the ones I've mentioned above.

http://www.mirage4fs.com/scenery_carriers.html
:ernae:

fsafranek
October 3rd, 2013, 10:16
Regarding The AI.cfg file.....if I wanted to remove the "empty" or clear deck carriers from it, is it simply a matter of deleting those entries? Thanks. NCAssuming you mean in AICarriers, deleting the entries works but you can also just
change the formation number to an "x". Like this: [formation.x]

This method keeps the info for future use.

TARPSBird
October 4th, 2013, 00:33
Besides the excellent French carriers Frank mentioned above, some of the others I have are:
Yanco's Battle of Midway USN and IJN CV's
Team SDB USS Enterprise (CVN-65)
WWII USS Enterprise (CV-6) in a couple different versions (besides Yanco's), including the payware one from Vertigo Studios
Michael Davies' USS Leyte (CV-32)
HMS Ark Royal and HMS Victorious from Flying Stations
USS Oriskany (CVA-34), USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) (both recently added here at SOH)
HMS Majestic-class carriers which are still being discussed and worked up in an active thread here.
USS Langley (CV-1) by Ronald Dandurant
USS Nimitz (CVN-68) and USS Eisenhower (CVN-69) by Javier Fernandez