PDA

View Full Version : computer "beep" when in a cockpit.

Daveroo
September 30th, 2013, 22:40
this beep...beep....beep...was happening all the time i was in the cockpit of the carenado 337H,,and again in they're 185...about every 10-15 seconds.....sounded like when you are first selecting a plane,and the window popups to have you click "run" or "ok" when you have to validate a gauge or something.....annoying...id like to know if anyone else has this problem?..

Dimus
October 1st, 2013, 02:19
Yes I do too. It happens with the A2A C172. I have no clue what it is but after a few beeps I got a OOM error and CTD so it does not sound good. It does not always happen though, just a few minutes before the OOM. Maybe I'll ask A2A at their forum.

Dev One
October 1st, 2013, 03:45
I think its tied in with Nav 1 & is a morse code A or N when on the beam. It can be turned off, but at the moment cannot remember how - sorry!
Keith

skyhawka4m
October 1st, 2013, 03:47
you turn if off by turning off the NAV 1.

Roger
October 1st, 2013, 04:07
If you have FSUIPC installed that will beep to advise of an impending oom so you can save the flight before it crashes.

OleBoy
October 1st, 2013, 04:35
I don't use FSX, but I get the same beep sound in Prepar3D at KHQM while testing. Are you all at the same possibly?
Being in the area for any abnormal length of time causes the OOM and the sim will crash every time.

The scenery is nice, but it has issues.

Dimus
October 1st, 2013, 04:41
The NAV1 explanation might be correct as it also happened with the Milviz 737.

My OOM is probably unrelated as I frequently have OOMs when flying over complex scenery (not KHQM Oleboy). After many years living with Vista32 I am now installing Win7 64 hoping it will help, along with a fresh and less cluttered FSX install, but all this is another story.

MarkH
October 1st, 2013, 08:53
I concur with the OOM warning. It happens to me occasionally and if I keep going I will eventually get corrupt video and then crash. I didn't realise it was FSUIPC doing it, but I do have the full FSUIPC installed. The reason I think it is OOMs is that adding in the Himemfix tweak made it go away (mostly).

P.S. If it helps, the noise I get is the Windows 'ding' sound, not a beep.

WarHorse47
October 1st, 2013, 09:23
I get a different sound because I use a MS Desktop with custom sounds for Win8 actions such as errors. And yes, I have a full FSUIPC.

If I get the error sound when FSX is running, it's typically an OOM. Sometimes its caused by another program hogging memory from FSX. On my old computer running FS9, I used AutoStart to shutdown some of the automatic update programs for that reason. I haven't done that with FSX. Yet.

FSX seems temperamental with memory. If I switch aircraft models too often, I get the error sound followed by OOM message. There are other circumstances as well that eat up memory if I recall.

robert41
October 1st, 2013, 16:11
I started to get this beep in the last month or so. Happens on a long flight when my room temps are high. With the AC on all is fine.
Time for a good computer cleaning.