PDA

View Full Version : lower your cable bill.

Ickie
September 27th, 2013, 10:46
I cut my cable internet bill from $175 down to $30 a month.

I bought this antenna from Canada, for $72 and I get 60 channels, this has a range of about 150 miles, I put it up on 2 - 10 foot poles and ran my cable, cable to it, thats all i needed to do, nothing else to buy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220872363712?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2909wt_777

I called the cable company and told them when they finally catch bigfoot give me a call.

my cable internet still cost me $29.95 a month.

ron

stansdds
September 28th, 2013, 03:09
I'm sure my neighbors would love to see me put up a big antenna. They already think I'm a redneck whack job because I keep my grass at 4 inches tall and they keep theirs at 2 inches. My cable internet costs $51.95 per month and that is a discounted rate because of my cable tv package. Cable internet without any tv package is around $75. I would give the exact amount, but it seems that Comcast's website is down. :isadizzy:

Ickie
September 28th, 2013, 04:40
yeah my cable company was going to sell me just internet for first off, 75 per month, than 55 a month, but i told them to come get their **** it is on the curb, lol and i told them about other internet companies out there, than my bill went to 29.95 a month plus tax.

Daveroo
September 28th, 2013, 07:46
i thought the "free" over the air broadcasting was stopped?......guess not......but why didnt you just buy a Roku?....58 bucks at walmart...it can get up there in cost if you add to many pay channels...but if you stick to what comes in the roku package,and then use the free apps...its damned cheap and is all HD.and you can take it with you...if your location has internet wifi,and an HD tv to connect to...you can watch your own programing anywhere.

Ickie
September 29th, 2013, 04:20
i think i can get SOH members a 10% discount and free shipping.

Naismith
September 29th, 2013, 10:45
Lowered my cable bill recently. I called them and dropped all the HD channels and went back to Basic cable. There was very little worth watching anyhow. Miss CNN and MSNBC but saved over $70. :applause: