PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Gordon in 1978

Daveroo
September 23rd, 2013, 20:03
jeff gordon at a small go cart like track in rio linda cal,,this track is just north of McClellan field,look at MCC on google earth and go slightly north and a bit west and you can see it,i dont recall how old i was,but i know i was born in 1962 and moved from downtown in 1969,so imma guess that in '67-'68 my dad took me to a autorama at cal-expo in sacramento and we saw these little cars,,i got all excited and they let me sit in one,,then took me out into the parking lot and i did about 12 laps before they forced me to stop,that was the first time i heard someone say.."that kids a natural".....they gave my dad all the info on how to get started,and even gave him a sponsor package,but once we go home.the information got put on top of the refer where i couldnt reach it,,and then it disappeared...and dad wouldnt "hear of it again".....didnt understand back then why..i do now...he ever tried to stop me when i did start racing,but i ignored him then..and "disobeyed"...to this day it embarrases him i never played high school football and quit baseball when i started high school...oh dang..im doin it again...anyway heresssssssssss jefff...