PDA

View Full Version : A Gmax Panic Attack

OBIO
October 5th, 2008, 04:13
I was just browsing the forums, and out of the blue I had a sudden realization that all that valuable information Simonu posted concerning the Gmax SDKs, Help Files and the way to modify the Gmax command line to directly export a CFS2 MDL is now gone. Did anyone happen to save any or all of that info to a text document on their system?

And I think it was Gnoopey who explained how to directly export a CFS2 MDL from Gmax.

OBIO

ckissling
October 5th, 2008, 04:36
Obio
This is why I suggest that information such as that should be uploaded as
a pdf file or something like it to utilities or other. This way it can be
re-uploaded by anyone who has downloaded it and it will not lost forever.
ckissling

ckissling
October 5th, 2008, 04:42
Obio
This is why I suggest that information such as that be uploaded as a
pdf file or something like it to utilities or other, so anyone who has downloaded it can re-upload it and the information will not be lost forever. ckissling

erufle
October 5th, 2008, 05:20
I agree. It would be much more efficient for everyone if PDF files were available.

thicko
October 5th, 2008, 05:34
I was just browsing the forums, and out of the blue I had a sudden realization that all that valuable information Simonu posted concerning the Gmax SDKs, Help Files and the way to modify the Gmax command line to directly export a CFS2 MDL is now gone. Did anyone happen to save any or all of that info to a text document on their system?

And I think it was Gnoopey who explained how to directly export a CFS2 MDL from Gmax.

OBIO

Don't panic, all the information is in the FS2002 makemdl SDK and the Middleman and Mdlcommander programs. It is just tying them all together on your first project that is confusing.
Cheers Thicko

OBIO
October 5th, 2008, 14:24
I was mainly spazzed out because I have no clue where to download all that stuff from.

OBIO

thicko
October 5th, 2008, 18:00
I just did a Google search and got the stuff. Goopney tied it all together for me. Many here at SOH will be happy to assist when you get to that point. Go through the Gmax tutorials, when you get the chance. These will get you familiar with some of the tools and how to work with the views. Then read the FS8 Makemdl SDK to see what is needed to make a working mdl. Next to Milton Shupe's C-162 tutorial here in the design forum. Then you will be ready to start design. I hope the best for your wife's recovery.
Cheers thicko