PDA

View Full Version : Dx10 Fixer released...

Roger
September 19th, 2013, 23:18
For those Dx10ers who've been waiting for Steve Parsons Fixer tool (along with his new shaders) it's up and ready...

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2630 Evidently it doesn't fix everything but most anomalies are now sorted.

I'll be buying & trying this tonight!

pbearsailor
September 20th, 2013, 06:34
Just a quick check with it last night and it seems to fix most DX10 issues and makes the only FS9 aircraft I've tried work ok. Night lighting with FTX Global is impressive now.

It it is pretty detailed, allows for tweaking of some effects, and has a good manual.

-steve :wavey:

Dimus
September 20th, 2013, 06:46
One of the show stopper for me for DX10 is FSWC. I am using it now and like a lot the water effects in DX9. When I tried to switch to DX10 as a trial though the water was all grey. I think FSWC is to blame for that and there is no way to uninstall its shaders either than reistalling FSX. I think Gman reported something like this in another thread. Does anyone know if this tool will fix that?

Barfly
September 20th, 2013, 07:12
One of the adjustments is in the tab "Water Shader Dialogue"

If the developer doesn't mind, I copied the test from the manual describing it:

"The default settings in DX10 Scenery Fixer (shown above) are chosen to try and more closely match the appearance of water in DX9. The original DX10 water shader is excessively light blue in tome for most tastes.
The key value is the Specular Factor – this controls the lightness of the water – increasing it will make the water appear lighter blue in tone."

I did not adjust the settings this came with, at water 2.x low, and the water looks fantastic.

noddy
September 20th, 2013, 10:50
Looks interesting.

kilo delta
September 20th, 2013, 10:53
Just to confirm...this addon will re-enable textures for portovers in FSX? :)

pbearsailor
September 20th, 2013, 11:43
Just to confirm...this addon will re-enable textures for portovers in FSX? :)

The manual is fairly vague on this. The tool has a slider to balance between scenery and aircraft not made with the FSX SDK. He doesn't promise that it will fix all aircraft or all problems. The only one I have tried is the Flight 1 Cessna Conquest and it appears to work fine other than the normal prop behind the cloud issue. Textures are fine--the all gray textures are gone.

Roger
September 20th, 2013, 11:55
Anyone else lost v sync? I have Nvidia inspector and I've set v sync to half refresh rate.

Roger
September 20th, 2013, 15:03
In my case adding to the fsx.cfg under:
[Main]
DisablePreload=1

cured the v sync issue.

ShawnG
September 20th, 2013, 16:40
One of the show stopper for me for DX10 is FSWC. I am using it now and like a lot the water effects in DX9. When I tried to switch to DX10 as a trial though the water was all grey. I think FSWC is to blame for that and there is no way to uninstall its shaders either than reistalling FSX. I think Gman reported something like this in another thread. Does anyone know if this tool will fix that?

DX10 fixer has it's own water shader, FSWC unfortunately only works through one setting in FSWC lite, they did include one dx10 preset. you can't play with it though, it is what it is. The one from FSWC lite is the one I'm using, and my water looks awesome, so I haven't missed the options. The next version of FSWC was supposed to be DX10 compatible, but it never made it to the light of day unfortunately.

kilo delta
September 21st, 2013, 04:42
The manual is fairly vague on this. The tool has a slider to balance between scenery and aircraft not made with the FSX SDK. He doesn't promise that it will fix all aircraft or all problems. The only one I have tried is the Flight 1 Cessna Conquest and it appears to work fine other than the normal prop behind the cloud issue. Textures are fine--the all gray textures are gone.

Thanks for that. I'll hold off on purchasing this for the time being. My DX9 install is running well (probably jinxed it now!) but the performance increase of DX10 along with portover aircraft texture fixes could persuade me to move. :)

Roger
September 21st, 2013, 08:07
Unlike Addon converter X, port-over aircraft can display shine and Oskar's Ju52 (that I shined up) looks fabulous on my new pc!

skyhawka4m
September 21st, 2013, 09:25
screenshots? what are the potential issues with this if you haven't tried DX10 yet? I tried preview once and wound up in a shambles....

Roger
September 21st, 2013, 09:48
screenshots? what are the potential issues with this if you haven't tried DX10 yet? I tried preview once and wound up in a shambles....

No screenshots for now as I am running FsX on a new machine and making fine adjustments to fan temps etc. All my screenshots for the past year have been taken in Dx10 though but not on this rig.

Navtech
September 27th, 2013, 20:39
Important info
"This is an important message regarding your purchase of SteveFX - DX10 Scenery Fixer. Please take note of the information in this email.
It has come to our attention that the Install Location screen for the installer of this product indicated that you should select the main FSX folder location on your computer as the destination folder for installation. This is incorrect and can lead to a situation where the selected folder would be deleted upon uninstallation.
If you installed to the default location given by the installer there is no need to be concerned. The default location that the installer uses is C:\Program Files\DX10SceneryFixer on 32bit machines, and C:\Program Files (x86)\DX10SceneryFixer on 64bit machines.
However, if you selected you main FSX folder during installation of this product, or any other folder shared with other applications, we advise that you download the latest version of the installer from your download files page in your account at The FlightSim Store and re-install the product without uninstalling the existing files. This will allow you to install the files into a location other than your FSX folder (it is best to accept the default location), so that if you ever need to uninstall the product you will not have this issue.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and if you have any questions regarding this message please do not hesitate to contact us at support@flightsimstore.com"