PDA

View Full Version : Newbie To FSX

Rooster89
January 15th, 2009, 20:10
Hey guys. So far my experience with FSX has been outstanding. Really love it. I've been flying it for about a week. But, I encountered some difficulties with it yesterday. I was just flying along in my DC-3 at 20,000, mindin my own, on my way to an air intersection. When I got to the intersection, all of a sudden my plane banked around to the right without any input from me. It responds to rudder input and more right bank input but I cant get the darned thing to fly straight or bank left. I then tried flying in other aircraft but the same thing happens right after I take off. Any suggestions on fixing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
-Rooster

spotlope
January 15th, 2009, 22:04
Have you checked to see if there's a problem with your controller? It almost sounds as if you've got the aileron controls assigned to two controllers that are conflicting with one another. Or perhaps you've got a joystick malfunction of some sort.

harleyman
January 16th, 2009, 02:08
Yup...We need to know how you're flying those planes.....

Make sure that there is no Auto-Pilot getting turned on too....

jmig
January 16th, 2009, 03:27
If you saved a flight with AP on, it will be there the next time you load and on every airplane that has autopilot set to 'True' in the cfg. Even planes that had no working AP in real life can fly AP in MSFS via keyboard commands.

You may have set a flight plan in and the AP is just turning to the next fix/setpoint/waypoint/offset.

cheezyflier
January 16th, 2009, 06:45
this is a simple problem to fix. the trouble is, your crew is passed out from lack of oxegen. stay down below 8,000 ft and you should be ok. :costumes:

you musta been runnin those engines mighty lean

jmig
January 16th, 2009, 10:33
this is a simple problem to fix. the trouble is, your crew is passed out from lack of oxegen. stay down below 8,000 ft and you should be ok. :costumes:

you musta been runnin those engines mighty lean

:costumes:

Ever hear of Flying the Hump.

He has tough pilots like the one in WWII.

cheezyflier
January 16th, 2009, 11:24
oh yeah, those guys flying out of india, right?
man, those guys were nutz!

Rooster89
January 16th, 2009, 17:27
Thanks for the responses. I'll check to see what my autopilot is set on. Would the auto pilot turn my plane around towards the airport I took off from? Spotlope, I hope I dont have a problem with my joystick. I tried re-calibrating it and that didnt solve the problem. Also, I only have one controler so I dont think that there would be an issue with mismatched assignments.

-Rooster

harleyman
January 16th, 2009, 17:49
Yes the auto pilot can turn you around... Test it ..

Load a flight...make sure you have NO auto pilot features on...Use a cessna or some other small plane with a simple AP...

Then...Make sure that by some chance you do not have a joystick function set to eneble the AP.......

Rooster89
January 16th, 2009, 17:56
AHA! Got it. I never read all the auto pilot commands because I havent used it.:redf: I use Cntrl+Z all the time to check on FPS. I guess I accidentally hit just Z. OOPS. Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it.

-Rooster

harleyman
January 16th, 2009, 19:00
YUP...That happens...LOl glad you're up and straight....:woot: