PDA

View Full Version : how do you takeoff?

hurricane3
September 14th, 2013, 19:42
Now that I'am retired ,I had a very high end computer made for me.I have the older IL2 Complete edition with a lot of work putting skins and missions into it so I really don't need to get the 1946 edition.
I also have the BOE addon .
My problem is I can't take off .I set all the inputs for pitch and roll to 0 and the dead ban and filtering set full right .
I managed to get the plane airborne one time at these settings but now the plane wants to roll right everytime and is very hard to keep on the runway.
What should the settings be for a newbe like me to get airborne?
I'am used to CFS2 and 3 and FS9 where I have no trouble getting airborne at the easier settings.I hate to have a sim with the beautiful graphics unflyable,since I prefer to start with a cold dark dark cockpit on the ground.
If I set everything to easy it puts you in the air and some missions have a red bar across the switches so you can't change them any way.
I have all CH controles ,Fighter stick,pedals throttle quad and usb throttle that I use for jets.
So bottom line is what settings(oh I've set all my controls with the Hotas part of thr controls)should I use to takeoff and keep from rolling to the left and stay on the runway? Thanks

stansdds
September 15th, 2013, 05:21
My knowledge of Il 2 Sturmovik is old and fuzzy, but it sounds like you are experiencing torque roll. I know torque was included as part of the flight modeling, but if I recall correctly, some aircraft in the earlier versions of the sim had excessive torque models. I do remember that in one version that included the Pacific theater that USN aircraft had horrible yaw instability when firing machine guns. Seems to me all of this was fixed with various patches to the 1946 version of the sim.

hurricane3
September 15th, 2013, 07:23
Thanks for the reply ,I did find a tutoral on the IL2 forums ,I'll go over that and if I still can't take off I'll uninstall IL2.