PDA

View Full Version : New PC updated...

Roger
September 11th, 2013, 09:58
I get the error message when I explore the FsX Gold Disk 1 "This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."
I've Googled and the prime culprit seems to be Nero which I do not have installed on my new pc.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Roger.

Ferry_vO
September 11th, 2013, 10:05
UDF is a particular file storage type, and the error could indicate a bad disk or DVD drive. My first thought would be to swap the DVD drive for another one and try again.

Odie
September 11th, 2013, 10:33
http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?201504-Vista-won-t-recognise-FSX-install-disks-UDF-file-system

Roger, don't know if you saw this thread or not.....

Roger
September 11th, 2013, 10:38
Hi Ferry,
I tried the Disk 1 in my old pc and it recognises and wants to run the FsX startup, so the disk is ok.

Hi Odie,
Yes I'd seen that Fsim page on my Googles.

It throws up an error message when I try to play a DVD. Stumped but I may try swapping out their DVD player with one of my old ones.

Roger
September 11th, 2013, 10:59
Opened the case (argghhh £2000 worth), waggled the power and data connectors to the dvd player and it's now loading FsX!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions though, I appreciate you all:ernae:

Cheers,

Roger.

stovall
September 11th, 2013, 11:27
Glad you got it solved Roger, my first thought was the DVD player/writer. These things are really touchy at time. Enjoy your new PC.

Naismith
September 11th, 2013, 11:37
Opened the case (argghhh £2000 worth), waggled the power and data connectors to the dvd player and it's now loading FsX!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions though, I appreciate you all:ernae:

Cheers,

Roger.
Are you sure you waggled? I find shoogling can be confused with a waggle. :icon_lol:

Roger
September 11th, 2013, 12:12
Are you sure you waggled? I find shoogling can be confused with a waggle. :icon_lol:

Bit of both actually:wiggle:

Roger
September 11th, 2013, 12:14
Well a vanilla Gold is loaded and matched to screen res and even the untouched FsXA looks great. Now for the weeks of installing all the add-ons....but I'm going to get Nvidia Inspector and the FsX.cfg fettled before any add-ons are loaded.:engel016:

expat
September 11th, 2013, 13:52
Hey Roger,

Is that your new super duper new rig from Scan? How did it go and how do you like it? Mine is not due to ship until about the 24th.

Regards,

expat

Roger
September 11th, 2013, 14:58
Apart from the little glitch I'm impressed. I especially like the DGM 27" monitor (IPS-2701WHP) and with that big SSD everything is super fast, but of course I've got many gigabytes of add-ons to re-install!

MCDesigns
September 11th, 2013, 15:43
Apart from the little glitch I'm impressed. I especially like the DGM 27" monitor (IPS-2701WHP) and with that big SSD everything is super fast, but of course I've got many gigabytes of add-ons to re-install!

....and that is always fun! LOL :isadizzy:

Congrats on the new rig Roger, hope it works great for you!! I keep thinking of upgrading, but there really isn't any new tech that will give me a huge increase and also justify the work invloved getting set up, maybe in another year.

Roger
September 14th, 2013, 11:05
Update: The new rig is performing very well! It seems like a new sim and for the last four days I've been playing in FsX default textures with a few add-on aircraft and enjoying it a great deal:jump:

The only problem I've had was the DGM Monitor IPS-2701WPH failed! I phoned SCAN this morning and took it back. They offered me a no quibble swap or an upgrade. I went for the upgrade and got a Dell U2713HM for a little more money and went with that and it is so much sturdier that I'm glad I made the swap. I had to get my car back for an urgent repair and SCAN made it all happen very quickly and I was back in time.
Now I'm loading all my ORBX and figure this could take quite some time!

Odie
September 14th, 2013, 11:11
Hey Roger, when you've got a few miles on it, would appreciate a report on the Dell monitor. I'm using (for both gaming and internet PCs) a Dell 24" that's about 3 years old. No complaints on them, but was curious how the new Dell performed. Glad to hear the new rig is working out.

Roger
September 14th, 2013, 11:14
Hey Roger, when you've got a few miles on it, would appreciate a report on the Dell monitor. I'm using (for both gaming and internet PCs) a Dell 24" that's about 3 years old. No complaints on them, but was curious how the new Dell performed. Glad to hear the new rig is working out.

Will do Odie! So far so good and the graphics are as nice as the previous DGM but it is so much a better built monitor. I'm using the DVI output and it makes me wonder how I managed with my old faithful Samsung 920N for so long.