PDA

View Full Version : Flying Stations Buccaneer S2 getting closer

hschuit
September 10th, 2013, 00:11
New WIP screenshots of the upcoming Buccaneer S2 on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Flying-Stations/345461735465939?hc_location=stream)

hae5904
September 10th, 2013, 00:17
Nice! Thanks Henk for this HU, one I'm waiting for a long time since their S1.:salute:

Cheers,
Hank

IanHenry
September 10th, 2013, 02:15
I bought the S1 version, but I think UKMIL's freeware S2 is better, you should give it a try.

Ian.

AndyG43
September 10th, 2013, 02:38
I bought the S1 version, but I think UKMIL's freeware S2 is better, you should give it a try.

Ian.

UKMIL's Buccaneer is interesting because, apparently, it was made from a mesh designed for Strike Fighters 2. There are some cracking models in that sim (especially What If and some nice aircraft carriers) that I'd give my eyeteeth to get my hands on.

Love the Flying Stations Mk 1, one of the few payware models I have for FSX; the incipient release also hopefully means the release of the post war HMS Victorious to fly it from.

hschuit
September 10th, 2013, 03:08

Ian.

I have the UKMIL S2, I fly it online on the UKMIL VA. It looks good and is fun to fly (after some FDE tweaking) but unfortunately some bits and pieces of the VC are not working properly (e.g. the AoA dial and ADD index lights which you really want working on carrier approaches). The Flying Stations S1 VC is better, I expect the same from their S2 so I will buy it for sure, there is always room for an extra brick in my hangar.

Motormouse
September 10th, 2013, 07:34
Love the Flying Stations Mk 1, one of the few payware models I have for FSX; the incipient release also hopefully means the release of the post war HMS Victorious to fly it from.

Should be Ark Royal with Rod Stewart soundtrack....or a good rendition of Honington ( a great little base to be posted to ;) )

Putting being fanciful to one side, did the RN ever use Bucc's off Victorious? Thought because of size and weight they were limited to Eagle and Ark..

ttfn

Pete

AndyG43
September 10th, 2013, 07:50
Should be Ark Royal with Rod Stewart soundtrack....or a good rendition of Honington ( a great little base to be posted to ;) )

Putting being fanciful to one side, did the RN ever use Bucc's off Victorious? Thought because of size and weight they were limited to Eagle and Ark..

ttfn

Pete

Yes, they did. (http://i.imgur.com/ZzfJXXQ.jpg) :salute:

Motormouse
September 10th, 2013, 08:19
Yes, they did. (http://i.imgur.com/ZzfJXXQ.jpg) :salute:

oo-er, I stand corrected.

If you have an hour to spare there's this on you tube --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46a-7N_13Sk
and all 4 parts of this ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BunQvx4YsM
(my Bucc trade school instructor is in the 'open gate' film)

ttfn

Pete

AndyG43
September 10th, 2013, 10:13
Bookmarked for future viewing Pete, as I don't have a spare hour tonight; juggling the Bake Off and a certain kickball match as it is! :-D

noddy
September 10th, 2013, 12:13
Can't wait for this one, the S1 is a great model but was under powered.

delta_lima
September 10th, 2013, 22:48
Can't wait for this one, the S1 is a great model but was under powered.

Indeed, and as the real S.1 was also underpowered, I'd say the model captures that fairly accurately! :icon_lol:

Looking forward to the S.2 too ... If memory serves, Flying Stations plan to release their post war, angled deck Victorious at around the same time - so this should be a very hotly anticipated release.

DL

Matt Wynn
September 11th, 2013, 04:17
also looking forwards to the Banana Jet S.2 here! (for those unaware the project was Shrouded in secrecy in it's infancy being known as BNA - Blackburn Naval Aircraft or BANA - Blackburn Advanced Naval Aircraft, other nicknames included 'Banana Bomber', 'Buccanana'.... pretty much anything banana goes with the Bucc' :icon_lol:)

noddy
September 11th, 2013, 05:03
Yes should have said in the flesh, the FSX model produces the same results.

dhazelgrove
September 11th, 2013, 07:35
Buccaneer operating height: six fathoms - at 600 knots!

Heard tales of an F4 jock who had to admit to being 'bounced' by the Banana Bomber. He never lived it down.

Dave

fallenphoenix1986
September 11th, 2013, 15:28
Heard another couple of tales myself, one RN coming aboard after a "fish strike" - dead fish jammed in the bombay door seems, the other being RAF during GW1 coming back and reporting a "Cammel strike"*.
There was also another one about an admiral back seating on his way to an excercise, rooky pilot opened the bay door during a mock attack having forgotten that was wheere the admirals personal effects had been stored for the flight.

Craig

*Memory is kinda fuzzy, might have been a Tornado.

heywooood
September 11th, 2013, 19:59
New WIP screenshots of the upcoming Buccaneer S2 on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Flying-Stations/345461735465939?hc_location=stream)

these look straight out of the old Thunderbirds tv show - sci fi, puppets, the '60's - you had to be there to appreciate it

I loved that stuff when I was a kid

dhazelgrove
September 11th, 2013, 22:57
these look straight out of the old Thunderbirds tv show - sci fi, puppets, the '60's - you had to be there to appreciate it

I loved that stuff when I was a kid

All those who remember Fireball XL5 will now form a line on the left.....

If you can remember the 60s, you weren't there!

Dave

Motormouse
September 12th, 2013, 05:47
Buccaneer operating height: six fathoms - at 600 knots!

Heard tales of an F4 jock who had to admit to being 'bounced' by the Banana Bomber. He never lived it down.

Dave

We did that at Honington, during one station taceval event, put up a 2 ship with sidewinders to bounce the fighters off the home-coming wave.
Quite something to see a Bucc on the tail of a F4, 2 'kills' claimed IIRC

ttfn
Pete