PDA

View Full Version : David Molyneaux Supermarine Walrus

fde_bressy
September 9th, 2013, 22:39
David Molyneaux has recently issued a beautyfull Supermarine Walrus for FS2004 and FSX, available on Flightsim, with French, Argentinian, Soviet and Australian textures also on Flightsim.

I converted her with MDLConverter, and she works fine, except for what concerns hatches opening and machine guns setting in place.

Has anybody also converted this nice aircraft, and found a solution to this slight problem?
A decent DP file should also be welcome...

François

Shessi
September 10th, 2013, 02:17
Hi FDE,
Yes it does convert, but no pilot and the animations for the guns/hatches. The guns and hatches are linked to opening canopy 2, 3 and 4 commands, which CFS2 does not have. All of these including the pilot can be done through scasming the mdl, and changing the ani's to suit CFS2. Aliasing all, so they happen at the same time to say 'spoilers' (may look slightly odd if machine guns move through hatches, but no big problem), and the pilot to be there permanantly...of course with permission if you were to upload etc.

Or contact Dave and ask if he would make a CFS2 one with the guns/hatches ani's alaised to the spoiler command, and a permanant pilot.

As this is not a complex model, and there would only be one or two flying about, FR's are not an issue.

Having said all that why not just go for Mike Stone's Walrus which was converted by Bhudda13 with B24Guys and others help, full crew, ani's and set up for CFS2, and here at the good ol' SOH....;)

Cheers Shessi

fde_bressy
September 10th, 2013, 04:25
Thanks for the info.

Setting a permanent pilot and guns is no problem through the DP file.

For the other points, I do not practice model modifications, so...I'll have to live without opened hatches.

I also have a serie of Mike Stone's Walrus, but this one has a nice VC, and I was too lazy to repaint his models in French and Soviet versions...

François

gaucho_59
September 10th, 2013, 04:26
Hi FDE,
Yes it does convert, but no pilot and the animations for the guns/hatches. The guns and hatches are linked to opening canopy 2, 3 and 4 commands, which CFS2 does not have. All of these including the pilot can be done through scasming the mdl, and changing the ani's to suit CFS2. Aliasing all, so they happen at the same time to say 'spoilers' (may look slightly odd if machine guns move through hatches, but no big problem), and the pilot to be there permanantly...of course with permission if you were to upload etc.

Or contact Dave and ask if he would make a CFS2 one with the guns/hatches ani's alaised to the spoiler command, and a permanant pilot.

As this is not a complex model, and there would only be one or two flying about, FR's are not an issue.

Having said all that why not just go for Mike Stone's Walrus which was converted by Bhudda13 with B24Guys and others help, full crew, ani's and set up for CFS2, and here at the good ol' SOH....;)

Cheers Shessi

Hey Shessi,

How do I find this Walrus with crew and all? I got a nice panel for it...
Thanks in advance...
G

Rami
September 10th, 2013, 04:52
Hey Shessi,

How do I find this Walrus with crew and all? I got a nice panel for it...
Thanks in advance...
G

Gaucho_59,

Here you go: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=50&id=7112

As far as "The Walrus" is concerned, last I heard Yoko Ono still has his ashes, unless she went co-co-cachoo with the cap off...lol

Shessi
September 10th, 2013, 04:57
François .,
I apologise, Mike Stone's Walrus does not have permanant crew, it is put there using a DP (as you suggest with Dave's ac). And it does have a very basic VC! And yes the new Walrus does have a very good VC...ha ha! choices...choices....

Why don't you drop Dave Molyneaux an email, or PM T6flyer here at the SOH, he was working on it with Dave. I think they would do us a CFS2 version, as it's not too much trouble to do?

G,
Here's the link to the pack, I think you'll enjoy it....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=145&sort=d

Cheers

Shessi

p.s. Rami, you've been on the wood alcohol again, haven't you!...keep taking the tablets.;)

Devildog73
January 19th, 2015, 10:59
Any chance of getting BPF skins for this little beauty?

UncleTgt
February 9th, 2015, 05:58
Lee,

Watchdog22 did a fine rendition of the Iceberg skin http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=58&id=1196 for Mike Stone's Walrus.

I'll try & use it to make a passable skin for Meridian too...

UncleTgt
February 16th, 2015, 03:46
Put some Meridian period markings on Watchdog22's BPF skin.

While I was at it I removed the "g_crashlights" check that caused this model to CTD when selected for QC or Free Flight, & have removed the shine for camo skins.

I'm currently working on a PTO version of Oldwheat's front gunner to match Bismark's AUS pilots that I used for the rest of the crew... :running:

Devildog73
February 16th, 2015, 12:03
Woo Hoo!
Thanks Uncle T...

UncleTgt
February 16th, 2015, 13:35
... and the RAAF front gunner repaint is done ...

Shessi
February 16th, 2015, 14:54
Looks great, very nice rivet work there John, goes very well with the ol' 'bathtub' Walrus...

Cheers

Shessi

UncleTgt
February 16th, 2015, 23:57
Hi Mark,

Can't take any credit at all, this is Watchdog22's paint with some Eastern Fleet markings grafted on ...:smiley_simmons:

Shessi
February 17th, 2015, 10:24
Ho hum, ok then, crew look much better, and Watchdogs rivets are excellent! ;)

Cheers

Shessi

Devildog73
August 21st, 2016, 20:09
Gaucho,
Did you ever get that nice panel for the Walrus?

I would like to get it from you if possible.
Devildog

gaucho_59
August 21st, 2016, 20:16
Gaucho,
Did you ever get that nice panel for the Walrus?

I would like to get it from you if possible.
Devildog

Not sure whether I did one... have to check my archives...
G.

gaucho_59
August 22nd, 2016, 18:36
Here it is....

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8729/29090478011_c6104f1af8_o.jpg

G.

Devildog73
August 23rd, 2016, 04:58
VERY NICE!
:encouragement:

Do you think it will work in Budha13's modification of Mike Stone's FS9 Walrus?

gaucho_59
August 23rd, 2016, 05:50
VERY NICE!
:encouragement:

Do you think it will work in Budha13's modification of Mike Stone's FS9 Walrus?

Just adjust the size and position of the gauges in the config.... I imagine... that's what I
usually do... I exchange bmps, use MS Panel Studio or the Config. program (no name)
and then reposition the gauges, eliminate some... and (in my case) if the gauges have
screws built in... I eliminate them and leave just the circle card...
G.

ps: if you want to try it... send me your email...