PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Hangs up when switching views

phantomx1
September 8th, 2013, 15:35
I'm new to using FSX. On all aircraft, even default ones, the throttle hangs up to high rpm when I cycle through views.

I can be in VC cruising along and then throttle back to slow down, like for on final, and then when I cycle to the next view, like tower or spot, the plane slows down but the throttle sound is in wide open rpm.

If I run my throttle up wide open it catches up with the wide open throttle sound and when I then pull the throttle back down to idle the sound will come back down.

Still being at idle or low rpm, if I switch again to the next view, the throttle sound is wide open again.

Has any of you ever experienced this or do you know a fix for it?

Thanks

FSN
September 8th, 2013, 17:39
This happens alot with FSX and I'm not sure if there's really a fix. When it happens again hit the Q key on your keyboard to turn off the sound then hit it again to turn it back on and it will return to normal.

phantomx1
September 8th, 2013, 20:30
I will try that. If I find a cure I'll post what I find. It is very annoying. Thanks FSN.

Paul Domingue
September 15th, 2013, 18:35
I've been having the same problem with my duck and FSN's method is the only cure I have found. I thought it might be A2A's Accu-Feel causing the problem but I can't remember if it was occurring before I installed it. Do you have Accu-Feel installed out of curiosity?

PRB
September 16th, 2013, 09:48
I've had this issue with FSX since it first came out, with three different installs on three different computers, both "pre" and "post" Accu Feel. In every case I can solve the problem by using a different sound set. I often just copy the contents of a sound folder from a similar FS9 plane. FS9 never did this.

PHo17
September 16th, 2013, 22:16
I have used FSX for years and have hundreds of sceneries and airplanes in it. I have never experienced this problem before or after Accu feel. Could it arise from the joystic one is using? Mine is CH Fighterstick functioning without problems since 2005 ("the good old FS9 times" :icon_lol:) I bought it.

Pekka

phantomx1
September 17th, 2013, 06:48
I've been having the same problem with my duck and FSN's method is the only cure I have found. I thought it might be A2A's Accu-Feel causing the problem but I can't remember if it was occurring before I installed it. Do you have Accu-Feel installed out of curiosity?

I have never used Accu-Feel.