PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Sunday!

limjack
September 8th, 2013, 14:06
My family is down south visiting family (they had the weekend off) and I was left behind having to work Saturday. I did have today off so started day with flying fsx and my new A2A 172. Once the sun broke out I headed outside and down to the Auburn airport to enjoy an afternoon watching aircraft and eating Taco bell yummies! Boy was it and active day (not from the food). Helicopters doing touch and goes, of course GA of every kind and even of all things an area on the Tarmac set up for guys flying the small planes attached to strings (not rc) although these were not small planes. They looked as large as the rc planes. Thought they would pull the guys arms off.

Weather sunny and warm. Perfect for sitting in the grass at the end of the runway taking it all in. The Hilo pilot even gave me a nice hello wave as he came in.

jim

andersel
September 8th, 2013, 21:17
Sounds like you had a great "day by myself", jimjack. A trip to the local airport is always good for the soul, and high performance control liners are really a hoot no matter when or where!

LA