PDA

View Full Version : FR Me-262 Special Edition Update

mike_cyul
September 8th, 2013, 11:18
At long last, the Me-262a Special Edition, with astonishingly perfected flight dynamics by Bernt, tortuous engine management, and with numerous upgrades to the VC and high res external textures, is complete. All that's left to do is build the package for release, and that's it, and so it shouldn't be long, hopefully by the end of this coming week.

In case you're not aware, this is essentially a light upgrade of an older model, and as such this release is FREE for all existing and previous Flight Replicas Me-262 for FSX customers. It also enables all previous Flight Replicas FSX Me-262 releases to be brought up to the latest flight dynamic specifications, by using the new airfiles. Customers will have to send an email to the support address and supply purchase info in order to obtain the download link. No purchase info, no link, no exceptions. If you purchased a boxed version and don't have a receipt, a simple photo of you and the box will do, as someone suggested a while ago.

Vendors will not be supplying the free update.

Existing previous Me-262 packages on the Flight Replicas site and those of vendor sites will not be upgraded, only the Special Edition will have the updates.

The 262a will remain free for a limited time, so spread the word. This is likely to be for one month, but this will be confirmed upon release. After that, the Special Edition will be available by purchase only, although at a much lower price that newer releases. The free edition will have just one paint scheme, but the purchase version will have more. The update includes the single seat Me-262a-1a fighter version only.

More details upon release. :)

Mike

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_262_SE/Me-262_SE_zps130b120e.jpg
(thanks as ever to Bill Womack for his Dillingham scenery)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_262_SE/2013-8-10_21-57-3-577c_zps368ebd8d.png

CP1207
September 8th, 2013, 11:20
I'll be waiting.

Thanks!

big-mike
September 8th, 2013, 12:05
Very generous offer,Mike!:applause:
Can`t wait.
Michael

Ferry_vO
September 8th, 2013, 12:15
Definitely looking forward to this update, Mike! :applause:

Stickshaker
September 8th, 2013, 12:17
The hour has come! Fantastic, Mike. I've been looking forward to this upgrade for a long time, although the existing versions are still among my favourite aircraft.

Daube
September 8th, 2013, 13:21
Can't wait !! Thanks a lot :)

flaviossa
September 8th, 2013, 14:08
Hello Mike! I have a question: I have the "FLIGHT REPLICAS - MESSERSCHMITT 262 RARE TYPES" addon only bought thru simmarket.com. Is this one within the previous packages accepted for this generous offer?

Thanks!!

mike_cyul
September 8th, 2013, 15:12
Hello Mike! I have a question: I have the "FLIGHT REPLICAS - MESSERSCHMITT 262 RARE TYPES" addon only bought thru simmarket.com. Is this one within the previous packages accepted for this generous offer?

Thanks!!

Yes, any Flight Replicas Me-262 FSX (not FS2004) package can use the updated aerodynamics (although the old models/textures will stay, of course). You'll just have to change the [fltsim.x] aircraft entries in the aircraft.cfg, and to make the best use of the new air files, also change the weights to reflect the aircraft type you're flying (e.g. one seater, two seater, etc.).

Mike

mike_cyul
September 8th, 2013, 15:15
...And may I mention, as emails have started to come in, please do not send any purchase info before the release! Thank you!

Mike

flaviossa
September 8th, 2013, 15:27
Well, i just bought the "<small>FLIGHT REPLICAS - MESSERSCHMITT 262A-1A 'SCHWALBE'"</small> just to be certain :salute:
Thanks!

txnetcop
September 8th, 2013, 16:38
I was already impressed with version 1 Mike...WOW!!!
Ted

huub vink
September 9th, 2013, 01:12
Beautiful as always!

Sascha66
September 9th, 2013, 01:18
I don't have FSX but would still like to thank you Huub and friends for your many free gifts to the FS community!:salute::salute::salute:

Cheers,
Sascha

YoYo
September 9th, 2013, 01:39
New screenies of FSX version? Pretty please :jump: !

mike_cyul
September 9th, 2013, 03:10
New screenies of FSX version? Pretty please :jump: !

The version that's been out for a while is already FSX, and so if you like you can see some screenshots here (http://www.flight-replicas.com/Aircraft-FSX.htm) by scrolling down to the Me-262 pages. This special edition just has the brand-new flight dynamics and and some upgrades to the model, most notably in the VC.

Mike

huub vink
September 9th, 2013, 03:32
Hi Sacha,

You don't need to thank me, as I have absolutely nothing to do with this. Mike "mike_cyul" Flahault is the person behind Flight Replicas and this is his gift to his loyal customers.

And for Yoyo:
you can find the FSX Me262 pages here : http://www.flight-replicas.com/Me-262FSX.htm
and the information about the expansion pack can be found here : http://www.flight-replicas.com/Me-262NF_FSX.htm

Cheers,
Huub

I don't have FSX but would still like to thank you Huub and friends for your many free gifts to the FS community!:salute::salute::salute:

Cheers,
Sascha

YoYo
September 9th, 2013, 07:38
Ahhh, ok. My foul.

I saw screenies on FR website in FSX section double seaters only and here its a news about Me-262A-1 so I didnt click Schwalbe for two persons.
I see now.

Sascha66
September 9th, 2013, 08:03
Hi Sacha,

You don't need to thank me, as I have absolutely nothing to do with this. Mike "mike_cyul" Flahault is the person behind Flight Replicas and this is his gift to his loyal customers.

And for Yoyo:
you can find the FSX Me262 pages here : http://www.flight-replicas.com/Me-262FSX.htm
and the information about the expansion pack can be found here : http://www.flight-replicas.com/Me-262NF_FSX.htm

Cheers,
Huub

My bad, I got mixed up once again! Thanks Huub for clearing that up ...

So thank YOU Mike!:salute::salute::salute: I have your Me262 and the Bf109 (twice actually) for FS9 and wish you all the best for your future endeavours in the FS business!

Sascha

dvj
September 9th, 2013, 08:14
I only have the ME-262 RARE models. Will this free upgrade work with that pack?

j

Stickshaker
September 9th, 2013, 09:34
Hello Mike,

Will the people who get the upgrade free be able to purchase the extra skins in the payware version at a later date?

mike_cyul
September 9th, 2013, 09:37
I only have the ME-262 RARE models. Will this free upgrade work with that pack?

j

Yes it will.

Mike

mike_cyul
September 9th, 2013, 09:41
Hello Mike,

Will the people who get the upgrade free be able to purchase the extra skins in the payware version at a later date?

The 'extra skins' will just be a couple of the original schemes, but at 2048 resolution. That's a good question - the paint schemes will in all likelihood be downloadable from FR the website. There is a paint kit in the free update for those who want more.

Mike

Stickshaker
September 9th, 2013, 10:59
Thanks, Mike, all clear. Who knows what beautiful skins we'll see!