PDA

View Full Version : would you care for a Danish??

warchild
September 8th, 2013, 09:58

After WWII several Schnellboots were sold to denmark and used as Part of the Danish navy until 1964. I dont know much about them s yet beyond that each boat was unique in that some had guns, some didnt, some had only the 40MM and some only the main torpedo tubes. in fact, P566 is the only one ive seen that has the secondary tubes on deck.. i intend on learning more as the more i learn about these boats, the more i understand their place in history as a pivitol part of patrol boat design..

After 1964 ( I believe but dont quote me yet ) The Danes got the idea to marry the back end of a US PT boat, with the front end of a schnellboot..
I also intend on building this boat in the future..

Roger
September 8th, 2013, 10:03
I'll definately take a Danish:applause:

MCDesigns
September 8th, 2013, 10:46
I'll definately take a Danish:applause:

French crullers for me please!

Nice work. that is one thing I love about FS, the learning aspect and not just about aviation.

JensOle
September 8th, 2013, 11:23
Very interesting! I cant help you with information about the Danish boats, we have some interesting PT boats build post war in Norway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasty_class

http://www.ptfnasty.com/index.html

Several of these Norwegian wooden boats even ended up on riverine ops for the US Navy during the Vietnam war.

warchild
September 8th, 2013, 11:46
Awesome.. Thanks Jen. I definately need the help and appreciate whatever you can find for me to work with.. I know that one of the S-boats was developed into the Falken class, but were all S-boats Falken class?? S-209 which became P566 ( i think, somewhat confused from all the data ive been going through ) doesnt list as a falken class, but it obviously was there, and from the looks of all that radio hardware, did more than just transmit messages to shore..

the second picture ive found of the newer Danish boat is the Willemoes class guided missile boat which went into operation in 1977 ( surprised me it was so late ), but i cant find anything on its dimensions weight, speed or anything.. those missile tubes were also used on the back of a semi truck as a mobile missile system, but i have no clue what they were..

Montie
September 8th, 2013, 12:37
Awesome.. Thanks Jen. I definately need the help and appreciate whatever you can find for me to work with.. I know that one of the S-boats was developed into the Falken class, but were all S-boats Falken class?? S-209 which became P566 ( i think, somewhat confused from all the data ive been going through ) doesnt list as a falken class, but it obviously was there, and from the looks of all that radio hardware, did more than just transmit messages to shore..

the second picture ive found of the newer Danish boat is the Willemoes class guided missile boat which went into operation in 1977 ( surprised me it was so late ), but i cant find anything on its dimensions weight, speed or anything.. those missile tubes were also used on the back of a semi truck as a mobile missile system, but i have no clue what they were..

Here is a bit of info: http://www.navalhistory.dk/english/theships/classes/willemoes_class%281977%29.htm

warchild
September 8th, 2013, 16:05
Excellent site. thanks Montie.. I'll poke around there and see what i can find..

txnetcop
September 8th, 2013, 16:41
Don't mind if I do have one thank you very much Pam:jump::jump::jump:
Ted