PDA

View Full Version : A little help needed please

AussieMan
September 6th, 2013, 23:39
The process of repainting the JF DC-6 is very frustrating. Airline names have had to be split and other minor problems have arisen. However the major problem for me is the airline above the window line. As you can see from the screenshots I am having a problem with the final 3 letters of the name. One is at 80% While the other one is zoomed into about 250%.

As you can see the last three letters appear to be in BOLD font while the first letters seem to be regular font.

jankees
September 6th, 2013, 23:46
I would say that the first three letters have been stretched horizontally by about 5%, which makes the vertical bars of the letters appear as bold(er) script.
Either you stretch the ANA as well, or you narrow the Ansett a bit and you could be right. However, the ana also appears to be sharper, am I seeing that correct?

AussieMan
September 7th, 2013, 04:27
Thanks Jan. I will narrow the 'ANA' and see what happens. For some reason the ANA does seem clearer something else I will have to look at.

OleBoy
September 7th, 2013, 04:35
Jankees prognosis sounds right. The "sharpness" applied to the font looks to be the only problem my eyes see that differ from each image you have there.

Also;
In Photoshop we have what are called "guides" that we can place/snap-to images, that can be used for acquiring correct size in pixels.
If you have something like this feature it would help you out a lot.

trucker17
September 7th, 2013, 08:10
The process of repainting the JF DC-6 is very frustrating. Airline names have had to be split and other minor problems have arisen. However the major problem for me is the airline above the window line. As you can see from the screenshots I am having a problem with the final 3 letters of the name. One is at 80% While the other one is zoomed into about 250%.

As you can see the last three letters appear to be in BOLD font while the first letters seem to be regular font.

Check you font setting. In photoshop, their are multiple settings for this.
But I have found a few settings that cannot be changed. If you know what font is being used, then you can erase the font and start a new one Keeping the font size at regular.
I am using Photoshop 7, and sometimes have to do this.

AussieMan
September 9th, 2013, 21:12
Thanks for the advice fellas. I have sorted the lettering but now have another problem.

The engine cowlings have 5 stripes on them (see below), 2 red, 2 white and 1 blue. However there is no cowling template in the paint kit and I have to save a nacelles file from another texture folder and make it into a template.

When I apply the stripes they only appear on the front of the cowl on one side only and not along the side as seen in the photo. Any help would be appreciated.

jankees
September 9th, 2013, 21:56
oh, the joys of painting JF aircraft! I'm sorry, I can't help you here. Are there any other paints with stripes on the engines? These might help?

AussieMan
September 9th, 2013, 23:59
Unfortunately not Jan. The example I used above is a JBK DC-6.

huub vink
September 10th, 2013, 00:51
Pat,

Knowing Bazzar, who most probably did this model, it could very well be that this side of the cowling is on a totally different texture. As I don't have the model I can't help you, but the easiest solution might be to contact Barry directly.

But your courage is appreciated!

Huub

AussieMan
September 10th, 2013, 23:18
Problem solved with the engines. I found the Nacelles and NacellesB DDS textures and converted them to a PSPimage and I am using them. Found another temporary problem which was quickly solved. I had forgotten to flip the texture before painting it and converting it back to a DDS file. All good now and thanks for the advice.

huub vink
September 11th, 2013, 01:07
I'm glad you did sort it out Pat. As said your courage to start to repaint a model with unwrapped textures by Bazzar is admired :icon_lol:!

Huub