PDA

View Full Version : DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter launched

TheGrunt
September 6th, 2013, 12:44
From the Kickstarter page

Legendary flight simulation designers Oleg Maddox, Ilya Shevchenko, and Igor Tishin, are excited to bring you a new WWII flight simulation for the PC. Built by industry veterans with the same approach that made the famous flight sims of the past great, and in partnership with the experts at the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics, the simulation aims to satisfy seasoned aces as well as attract new pilots to the genre.

So we have a team of former IL-2 devs creating a WWII sim on the DCS. Oleg couldn't resist on this one :mixedsmi:

See more details from the Kickstarter page.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944

It seems that the developement is already making good progress and this really seems like a good crowd funding project. Team's goals seem very reasonable and well thought out too. We have bunch of big time sim makers behind this and it is utilizing perhaps the best flightsim engine in the world and we shouldn't also forget Fighter Collection with all their expertise and data input for the project. Not bad at all, not at all...

For now, atleast for a WW2 buff, things aren't looking bad at all with sims. There is 777/1C co-operation sim in the works based on the fabulous Rise of Flight engine and now this one, also with big names of the industry. Future looks brighter also in the sense that games like War Thunder and World of Warplanes might bring bunch of new blood to more serious sims too and it may well be, that the crowd interested in the flight may be growing in the coming years. Who knows.

I'm definitely going to back this.:applause:

MCDesigns
September 7th, 2013, 20:18
I would love to see this happen, but I really don't buy into the whole Kickstarter concept, makes no sense to me from a consumer POV, but best of luck to them.