PDA

View Full Version : You know how to fly...Learn to fight

Gizmokev
October 5th, 2008, 02:52
Ok so after playing the game solo for a bit and understanding the concepts of flying I have entered into the world of online dogfighting and found myself to be lacking somewhat in the department of ability to shoot down others.....:icon31:

It appears I am nothing more than shark bait (ho haa haa) for the wolves out there like Black Sheep and RCAF Grizzly to name but a few.

So my question is how do I improve my fighting ability?

I know that practise will improve me but are there any settings that are tweaked in control settings as I do seem to be over flying somewhat. I understand the concept of leading the aircraft and such but you guys seem much better able to place your aircraft on my tail and shoot me down within seconds whilst I am still trying to find you. I have snap look set and the default sensitivity settings on and am mainly flying outside the cockpit so I can see more with the hud on for quick ref to height and speed etc.

What do you use WEP for and when?

Are some peop[le using cheats in the online games (I am not accusing but merely asking) as I noticed that some last night were flying under the ground and popping back up behind me for some reason.

Anyway if you can help then I would appreciate it as I am sure would others.

G-IZMO

writer301
October 5th, 2008, 03:23
Ok so after playing the game solo for a bit and understanding the concepts of flying I have entered into the world of online dogfighting and found myself to be lacking somewhat in the department of ability to shoot down others.....:icon31:

It appears I am nothing more than shark bait (ho haa haa) for the wolves out there like Black Sheep and RCAF Grizzly to name but a few.

So my question is how do I improve my fighting ability?

I know that practise will improve me but are there any settings that are tweaked in control settings as I do seem to be over flying somewhat. I understand the concept of leading the aircraft and such but you guys seem much better able to place your aircraft on my tail and shoot me down within seconds whilst I am still trying to find you. I have snap look set and the default sensitivity settings on and am mainly flying outside the cockpit so I can see more with the hud on for quick ref to height and speed etc.

What do you use WEP for and when?

Are some peop[le using cheats in the online games (I am not accusing but merely asking) as I noticed that some last night were flying under the ground and popping back up behind me for some reason.

Anyway if you can help then I would appreciate it as I am sure would others.

G-IZMO

Hello and Welcome ...

Well ... where to begin ... lol

Let me work backwards. The "underground flying" and "popping up backwards" are a result of the latency experienced when playing online games. If you hit the "Z" on your keyboard during online play, you will be able to read the LAT you have in that particular game. The higher the lat, the more you will have to lead your target and the more you will see some strange moves ... or better, what appear to be strange moves.
There is no "cheating" going on in the game. Believe me, when all of us first started, we thought the same thing. In time, you will realize it is not, it is simply the product of online play.
The key is practice, practice, practice. All of us were "shark bait" at one time :d. The key is to not get frustrated and just keep trying.
WEP is a personal preference. Some use it all the time, others use it very little. By trial and error, you will learn the differences, how and when it is best for you. The key is to keep up your airspeed in the game. You have probably found that out already :isadizzy:
As for Blacksheep Ghost and Grizzly, they are just welcoming you to the game. Don't worry, in a short time you will be huntin' bear and BBQ'ng sheep ... :applause: They are vulchers anyway, so get used to it :costumes: (Just kidding guys)

Anyway, enjoy the game. The best place to get some pointers is catch us in a light game and ASK !! All of us will be happy to help you :ernae:

WV-903
October 5th, 2008, 03:24
:mixedsmi:
Hi GIZ,
You are now entering the world of confusion and LAT :isadizzy:

I'll PM you on stuff as this is repetetive for most folks in here, but stick with it,- not easy is it. -- Which is why everyone keeps coming back to find out how to nail their personal " Grudge" flyers---( In a sporting spirit of course, cos no one likes losing -:d:applause:)

It is a demanding learning curve as Nightblade summed up on another thread, on-line dog-fighting brings out the competive spirit in all and it is very finely honed here by a lot of good flyers.

The enemy flying underground is a Lat problem, which we all have and learn to live with, like you are doing now. Don't follow them underground as you will crash, He-he- It's not easy finding enemy either, that comes with practice.

Flying on outside views is or isn't a good thing, that depends on the number and calibre of the enemy flyers. Keep practicing though.

WEP is Engine War Emergency power and is used on /off and all the time when in a turning close dog-fight. The game host has 0 LAt and guys near him have less than you if you are flying in USA/Canada members games and reverse if you are on Europe games.

I'll get in touch, G soon as I can, and we'll chew the fat, have an ETO DVD for you anyhow.

Catch you later,

Bill T.

stumpjumper1
October 5th, 2008, 03:26
Hey gizmo couple of things, wep= war emergency power short lived extra boost will burn out engines fast,
then the next thing cheats in cfs3 there cant be plain and simple, if you dont have the exatc set up the underground and flying back words things liek that are simple its latency nothing more,,,,,when flying i suggest tapping your "z" to see what it is wheni started flyign cfs3 aroudn 7 years ago i to was nothing more than cannon fodder, but once you get use to it and get use to flying with a certain bunch that are similair then its gets better