PDA

View Full Version : Piper Super Cub PA18_V3 Package - Freeware

FSX68
September 4th, 2013, 06:32
FS2004/FSX Piper Super Cub PA18_V3 Package. Complete package with two models of the old RanchoJEN PA-18. This version includes animated virtual cockpit, new texture mapping, new photo-based panel and many others enhancements. By J.E.Narcizo - RanchoJEN.

get it here: http://simviation.com//simviation/?ID=61&page=3&mark=489

http://imagesup.net/?di=513783043460

http://imagesup.net/?di=413783044899

http://imagesup.net/?di=1113783045274

Don't forget to get the patch located on same link, just below the basic file.
Super Cub PA18 patch. This file includes new mdl´s and a panel.cfg to allow the use of RanchoJEN Super Cub PA18 with FSX. The new mdl fix a blank polygon (shown in FS9) and the glass transparency on FSX. Requires PA18_V3.ZIP - By J.E.Narcizo.

I added the lights infro (taken from the Stock Cessna 172 configuration and they line up quite nicely.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit
light.0 = 3, -2.76, -18.11, 2.97, fx_shockwave_navred
light.1 = 3, -2.78, 18.11, 2.95, fx_shockwave_navgre
light.2 = 2, -3.13, -18.31, 2.95, fx_shockwave_strobe
light.3 = 2, -3.11, 18.31, 2.95, fx_shockwave_strobe_2
light.4 = 1, -20.51, 0.00, 6.20, fx_shockwave_beaconh
light.5 = 4, -2.27, 0.00, 1.45, fx_shockwave_vclight
light.6 = 5, -1.45, -9.1, 2.6, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light

Note: Both of these planes have their own aircraft.cfg and are in two separate folders. I combined the two models into one folder.

SHAZAAM!!! my 1st sticky 8-)

phantomx1
September 4th, 2013, 10:43
Thanks! Looks like there are two zip patches. One for the window transparency, and the other patch file to add the missing guages. Thanks for posting about these fixes.

Firekitten
September 4th, 2013, 11:35
Combining them is a bad idea... One has noraml wheels the other tundra... different contact points... Thanks for the HU though, I'll download this.

Portia911
September 4th, 2013, 14:20
This 'HU' is for files posted 5 years ago (?) :sleep:

FSX68
September 4th, 2013, 14:39
This 'HU' is for files posted 5 years ago (?) :sleep:

Don't know wasn't here then.

FSX68
September 4th, 2013, 14:41
Combining them is a bad idea... One has noraml wheels the other tundra... different contact points... Thanks for the HU though, I'll download this.

I think the author suggested in his readme that you have the option to add fat tires to both aircraft and how to do this.

Otherwise I think it looks pretty nice for a freeware product. :icon_lol:

The author made one to use different tire then the other but give you option to make them have same type tires/tyres >>> your choice.

Quote: "To reduce the file size, only the standard tires model have a panel. If you decide to use only the model with tundra tires, move the "panel" folder to "Piper PA-18A" and only after that, delete the standard."

FSX68
September 4th, 2013, 14:46

each model had its own file that were unique to the specific version and the aircraft cfg was changed:
[fltsim.0]
title=Super Cub PA18 N4188Z
sim=Super Cub PA18
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N4188Z
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N4188Z
ui_manufacturer=Piper
ui_type=Super Cub
ui_variation=N4188Z
description=The Piper PA-18 is the best Cub ever built. Steping by PA11, PA12, PA14 and finally with PA18, this airplane became resulting in a great bi-place airplane. This model and paint is based in photos on Merrill Field, Anchorage by courtesy of Lars Wahlström (www.imcat.com (http://www.imcat.com)).
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=

[fltsim.1]
title=Super Cub PA18 N1887A
sim=Super Cub PA18
model=PA18A <<<< I added this to call on this model.
panel=
sound=
texture=N1887A
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N1887A
ui_manufacturer=Piper
ui_type=Super Cub Tundra
ui_variation=N1887A
description=The Piper PA-18 is the best Cub ever built. Steping by PA11, PA12, PA14 and finally with PA18, this airplane became resulting in a great bi-place airplane.
atc_heavy=0
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=

When I added the separate folders, FSX would only see one of the two planes so I improvised the best way I know how to get FSX to show BOTH planes. Then I made the
thumbies for them.

oakfloor
September 4th, 2013, 14:55
Notice the only a few gauges work, I deleted it ASAP.

FSX68
September 4th, 2013, 15:13
Notice the only a few gauges work, I deleted it ASAP.

THat's your prerogative but I must ask did you get the patch for it? The gauges worked for me.

phantomx1
September 4th, 2013, 15:36
I downloaded the updated for FSX models and flew the small wheeled version yesterday and very few of the guages worked.

Now after adding the guages fix, all the guages work properly.

Also the plane flies smoothly in FSX just as it used to in FS9. Very glad this super cub was made a port-over!

oakfloor
September 4th, 2013, 16:05
I downloaded the updated for FSX models and flew the small wheeled version yesterday and very few of the guages worked.

Now after adding the guages fix, all the guages work properly.

Also the plane flies smoothly in FSX just as it used to in FS9. Very glad this super cub was made a port-over!
What gauge fix?

FSX68
September 4th, 2013, 16:13
What gauge fix?

click on above link there you will want to download that PATCH ;

FS2004/FSX Super Cub PA18 patch.
(http://simviation.com//simviation/download.php?ID=495) 738.83kb (7347 downloads)
FS2004/FSX Super Cub PA18 patch. This file includes new mdl´s and a panel.cfg to allow the use of RanchoJEN Super Cub PA18 with FSX. The new mdl fix a blank polygon (shown in FS9) and the glass transparency on FSX. Requires PA18_V3.ZIP - By J.E.Narcizo.

or you can try here. I want to make this as simple as I know how.

http://simviation.com//simviation/download.php?ID=495

I believe I mentioned this in my 1st post.

============
AIRCRAFT.CFG
============

THE FILE aircraft.cfg WILL FIX THE TAILWHEEL "BURRIED" ON THE GROUND AND THE PITCH ON SLEW MODE TO THE MODEL WITH SMALL STANDARD TIRES.

Unpack the aircraft.cfg and replace the old on "Piper PA18" folder.

In the patch readme the author wrote:

=========
PANEL.CFG
=========

THE FILE panel.cfg is for use with FSX.

==================================
Piper PA18.mdl and Piper PA18a.mdl
==================================

These two files fixes a grey polygon of fuse in FS9 and allow to use the original pack with FSX just replacing the two mdl´s.

Thats about as lucid as I can be.

Firekitten
September 4th, 2013, 16:38
What you did may work, but if youd copied the panel to the other folder it would have worked too...also check the title= lines are unique per paintscheme over the two versions.

oakfloor
September 4th, 2013, 16:43
Unpack the aircraft.cfg and replace the old on "Piper PA18" folder. replace it with what? theres four files in that patch.

DennyA
September 4th, 2013, 22:38
Is the new model FSX-native, or just a patched FS9 model?

heywooood
September 5th, 2013, 15:04
Is the new model FSX-native, or just a patched FS9 model?

when I see for FS2004/FSX I get the port over impression...also - in the two screenshots above, the prop disc seems to disappear behind the wing LE...haven't seen that before...

Roger
September 5th, 2013, 15:14
I believe this is a rather late port-over. I have no problem with those who wish to use port-overs as I myself do but if you're looking for a great super cub then shell out for Mike's Flight Replicas versions, payware but worth it if you want FsX native.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/09/05/ntJ.jpg

FSX68
September 5th, 2013, 18:27
I believe this is a rather late port-over. I have no problem with those who wish to use port-overs as I myself do but if you're looking for a great super cub then shell out for Mike's Flight Replicas versions, payware but worth it if you want FsX native.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2013/09/05/ntJ.jpg

Some of us are retired and do the best we can living on pensions. Glad we have your approval to use port overs. :icon_lol:

heywooood
September 5th, 2013, 18:45
oh now - I'm not one to turn down a free plane, port over or not if its well made...but the guys who run DX10 cant use 'em generally

DennyA
September 5th, 2013, 19:31
oh now - I'm not one to turn down a free plane, port over or not if its well made...but the guys who run DX10 cant use 'em generally
Yep, I don't begrudge anyone using portovers. It's a great option for some.

But for those of us who run DX10, we can't use the plane, so nice to save the whole download/install process only to discover the plane's messed up in DX10.

Roger
September 6th, 2013, 01:13
I use port-overs in Dx10 with add on converterX. The reason for my post was that we don't generally stickie port-overs and I had unstickied this thread.

stovall
September 6th, 2013, 07:15
Thanks to Roger for recognizing this as a port over and removing the sticky. For me with all the great FSX native aircraft there are very few port overs in my hanger. There are some exceptions one being Milton's great creations. Mike's great Super Cub is a must for bush pilots.

Firekitten
September 6th, 2013, 07:30
Not a big deal... its a good plane, and port or not, its free. Plenty of fs9 ports are better than some x offerings! So it always pays to check before we consign models to the great virtual boneyard.

If people choose to use dx10, then accept the limitations and be happy... if not, time to go back to dx9 mode :D