PDA

View Full Version : Fall has Arrived

falcon409
September 2nd, 2013, 13:18
Decided to try out the three New York State Airfields just completed by Michael Carr and myself and discovered that it was now fall, despite the temps being over 100 here in North Texas. Our leaves don't turn this color. . .they just die and fall off due to the heat, lol. I picked up Lionhearts Piper Pacer and it's perfect for these types of short hop, low altitude jaunts.

stansdds
September 2nd, 2013, 13:50
Yeah, FSX certainly does not simulate seasons in a particularly accurate manner.

phantomx1
September 2nd, 2013, 13:59
Hey falcon, nice shots! I am new user of FSX and I too noticed about 2 days ago that fall was setting into FSX.

I'm liking FSX and also find it isn't as bad as I heard on frame-rates, probably because average computers are getting more powerful I am guessing.

FSX being new to me, I have to build up it's hanger and just a few days ago was wondering about Bill Lyons' long time running nice Piper Tri pacer.

Do you have to use a, modified for FSX version, of it or does his original fs2004 version work in fsx without any fsx conversion?

beana51
September 2nd, 2013, 14:31
Just Wonderful...Flying in its purest form..for fun.was a time any one could Fly .It was affordable..Often we used Car gas, Barrels with a Hand Pump.We had simple tools.Always a Airframe and Engine Mechanic around,A Flight Examiner also..At Reasonable Prices..Simple Planes,now classics,Primitive Avionics,.Practly no tie down fees.Any Barn would do in Winter do...it was FREE.It was Personal,..Only the FAA,would come around, Snooping!but they too got caught up in the simplicty of Rural ,Local flying...this was and may be still the back bone of General Avation.Sadly for a Lad today to want to fly today? its an expensive thing.Then ,we had Kids hanging around,Those with that look in their eye,and it was those kids we all shared the sky with...No real today's Security,We had no enemies,all were neighbors and friends...All this sounds like a long time ago..Its not,Its Only Yesterday...For time flys,and Memory's Eye often its all thats left..Thanx To Michael and Ed...GREAT JOB!

falcon409
September 2nd, 2013, 14:39
. . . . . .FSX being new to me, I have to build up it's hanger and just a few days ago was wondering about Bill Lyons' long time running nice Piper Tri pacer.
Do you have to use a, modified for FSX version, of it or does his original fs2004 version work in fsx without any fsx conversion?
This is a newly released FSX native version released by Lionheart!

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2013, 14:52
LOL, great minds think alike Ed, I was doing the same thing this morning, in the same plane, LOL. White Birch is really nice, that location is spectacular, would love to see it in real life. The fall colors are nice, reminds of where I grew up as we had lots of trees that changed in the fall. looks like we might have to update our photoreal bases now, LOL.

After checking out White Birch I was enjoying the landscape, cruising around the state, I crossed the state line and discovered an airport in PA I liked and then the design bug took over, LOL

Charles G. Kalko Airport in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, not to far from White Birch. It has one hanger and refueling, so I plan to add a detailed inside to the hanger. I got a great res on the imagery and it has an asphalt runway, so I decided to do a custom ground poly for this one also, here is a peek

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/2797/s0gv.jpg

it's all your fault Vin, introducing us to this area!!! LOL........................Thanks!

phantomx1
September 2nd, 2013, 15:02
Thanks falcon, I'll go do another search for it! That Piper is a must have. Thanks!

Dangerousdave26
September 2nd, 2013, 15:03
That is a brand new Piper Tri Pacer by Bill Ortis aka Lionheart

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/

beana51
September 2nd, 2013, 15:06
Thanx Mike..yes Penna is RICH with great strips,in the most spectacular country....you will have a life time to chose from for FSX recreation...We sometimes forget the Land Marks in these places..lots of Natural and Man made things.great Job..Vin<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/HighPointSP_AT_apgar_zps4f453487.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/beana51/media/HighPointSP_AT_apgar_zps4f453487.jpg.html)

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2013, 15:08
Well, while Falcon and MC are stuck up in New York State, I'm still down here in the Florida panhandle. The photo real ground texture is MCD's.

RD

That's looking really good RD! If anyone is a wiz with AI, there are 2 parking spots in the AFCAD for Randy's scenery. A couple of 172s doing TnGs would be really nice to see IMO. :running:

rdaniell
September 2nd, 2013, 15:11
Thanks MC. I deleted my post after thinking it might appear that I was hijacking Falcon's thread. I'll repost the screen shot in my Carabelle thread.

RD

phantomx1
September 2nd, 2013, 15:12
That is a brand new Piper Tri Pacer by Bill Ortis aka Lionheart

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/

Oops! :icon_eek: I have mistaken!

May have to wait a while on that one. It looks nice though, and I surely thought it was Bill Lyons' which was also a very well done model.

Thanks for the clarification and heads up dangerousdave!

falcon409
September 2nd, 2013, 15:30
. . . . . .Charles G. Kalko Airport in Honesdale, Pennsylvania, not to far from White Birch. It has one hanger and refueling, so I plan to add a detailed inside to the hanger. I got a great res on the imagery and it has an asphalt runway, so I decided to do a custom ground poly for this one also, here is a peek

it's all your fault Vin, introducing us to this area!!! LOL........................Thanks!
Man. . .I don't know how you do that. . .but it looks spectacular.

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2013, 15:49
Man. . .I don't know how you do that. . .but it looks spectacular.
thanks Ed, but you can do it, not hard, just tedious and you have to be creative with the texturing. Drop me a PM and I'll walk you thru it if interested.

orionll
September 2nd, 2013, 15:52
thanks Ed, but you can do it, not hard, just tedious and you have to be creative with the texturing. Drop me a PM and I'll walk you thru it if interested.

Nice ground poly! I'm sure others would benefit from a tutorial as well.

Sylvanriv
September 2nd, 2013, 15:56
The funny thing is I did exactly that- got the Pacer and flew around there! :jump:
Great airfields and shots!

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2013, 16:05
Nice ground poly! I'm sure others would benefit from a tutorial as well.

Thanks, but there is probably a better, easier way to do it that I am unaware of. I have trolled FSdeveloper and other sites for so long trying to find info on how to improve this task. For the longest time I used Bill Womacks tutorial for his Plum Island runway and while results were good, it was a complete pain to go thru so many steps and the trial and error involved made me want to shy away from any airport that needed custom ground polys. last year I started playing with the ground poly wizard in MCX and it works great and saves a ton of time. Placement is still a bit of a pain, but that is due more to my set up more than anything else. For great results, you really need to have some photoshop skills and know your way around UVMapping.

Sylvanriv
September 2nd, 2013, 16:22
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y405/Sylvanriv/2013-9-2_20-18-24-434_zpse52d5855.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/Sylvanriv/media/2013-9-2_20-18-24-434_zpse52d5855.png.html)

OleBoy
September 2nd, 2013, 16:27
Gawl dang you guys. Ed, Michael. And RD.

You guys have been doing some seriously nice stuff for scenery. I pop into every thread you guys start and have wanted to respond. I'd love to get into this stuff with all of you in hopes of making some more neat places.
Problem is I'm so distracted, well, not distracted really. More like infatuated with modeling in Gmax. I never thought I'd be where I am and saying what I'm going to say. But it IS addicting. I learned that becoming a perfectionist is not easy. Least in my case.

Some day.

Great stuff guys!!