PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta flyover

PRB
September 1st, 2013, 15:25
Ok, I think that was cool. Just a Cessna Citation X, that's it. I liked it. I wonder who it was, what organization. It was painted in pretty colors too. I think the civilian community, from the warbirds, to tonight's different display, has done a first rate job at replacing the military flyovers, which we all miss. Bravo Zulu.

stansdds
September 2nd, 2013, 04:46
I didn't get to see it, nor did I get to see 98% of the race, but I must say that although I miss the military fly overs, the civilian aviation community has stepped up and done a masterful job of providing fly overs. :applause:

Daveroo
September 2nd, 2013, 07:47
darn!! i missed that.....ESPN is so bad about showing fly overs i didnt care to watch any of the opening stuff,ive been after the fan counsel,bruton(emails to the track) and to my contacts in CalFire,to set up a flyover for sonoma with an OV-10 and 2 S2Ts....CalFire told me...get it going,if were not working a fire..were ok with it... (logistics and fuel ect to be worked out)...but ive not heard back from anyone from NASCAR in any sort.my feelings on this...though it my not mean much to the people at home watching tv,who never get to see much of the flyover anyway....but the people of california ,though not on the daily conversation topic of the average person in cali,,,we all know of them and all "love" them....and i believe it would be approperate for a california (specially in norcal) track...

Victory103
September 2nd, 2013, 09:14
Missed but can't why they don't request more warbirds to do the fly-overs, the COTA fly over for the MotoGP race was excellent with the T-6 formation.

Panther_99FS
September 2nd, 2013, 10:09
Any pictures of it? - I missed it too! :kilroy: