PDA

View Full Version : Carabelle, Florida, airport scenery...

rdaniell
August 31st, 2013, 19:52
....with photo real airport ground texture by MCDesigns and custom buildings by rdaniell. Since there is no fuel available at Panacea when you stop by for your BBQ on your way to Dog Island, you will soon be able to drop by at Carabelle for fuel. Dog Island is just off the coast from Carabelle.

RD

falcon409
August 31st, 2013, 20:20
Wow, nice RD!!:applause:

yankeeromeo
September 1st, 2013, 02:08
excellent, congrats:applause:

Obie311
September 1st, 2013, 08:48
Looks good Randy can't wait to add it to my FlaBamaGeorgia loop!

Obie

rdaniell
September 1st, 2013, 12:58
Looks good Randy can't wait to add it to my FlaBamaGeorgia loop! Obie

Thanks to all who have made positive comments about the airport but, MCDesign's photo real ground textures is what really makes it look good. I have several more buildings to make and place before it will be ready for release.

RD

rdaniell
September 2nd, 2013, 15:14
Here's a screen shot of the current WIP status of Carabelle.

RD

falcon409
September 2nd, 2013, 15:37
Nice job RD, good looking buildings!:applause:

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2013, 15:54
Nice job RD, good looking buildings!:applause:

Agreed, but funny, I don't remember planting those trees there with the annotator, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm:running:
RD, did you use a different landscaping service? :jump:

Funny, if you look at that entrance in google street view, the trees almost remind you or Australia

rdaniell
September 2nd, 2013, 16:04
Agreed, but funny, I don't remember planting those trees there with the annotator, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm:running:
RD, did you use a different landscaping service? :jump:

Funny, if you look at that entrance in google street view, the trees almost remind you or Australia

Yes, I planted the row of trees behind the hanger and fbo as well as the two bigger trees. When I try to look at it on the internet, I get the message that street view is not available. I just had to go on bird's eye views to do the buildings.

RD

MCDesigns
September 2nd, 2013, 16:21
Yes, I planted the row of trees behind the hanger and fbo as well as the two bigger trees. When I try to look at it on the internet, I get the message that street view is not available. I just had to go on bird's eye views to do the buildings.

RD

Hmm, odd, I got nothing in birds eye view.

Turns out is is a dept of agriculture/forest service station, here are a few images. You came pretty close on the house and it looks like some small shrubs and pines in that wooded area.

rdaniell
September 2nd, 2013, 16:55
Hmm, odd, I got nothing in birds eye view. Turns out is is a dept of agriculture/forest service station, here are a few images. You came pretty close on the house and it looks like some small shrubs and pines in that wooded area.

Well don't that beat all! I'd rather be lucky than good. I just looked at all four orientations of the buildings and paid attention to the shadows and then just WAGGED it. I used the scale on the aerial map to get the approximate dimensions of the buildings. The heights of the buildings are also approximations based upon my ealier years as a draftsman for a structural steel company.

RD

rdaniell
September 2nd, 2013, 17:26
Here's another small WIP screen shot. What I'm trying to show is my attempt to model the grass around the beacon tower that usually gets missed with the "bush hog" and grows rather tall. There are a lot of things that make scenery building very time consuming and this is but one example. I can see from this screen shot that I need to move the grass in closer around the tower.

RD

rdaniell
September 4th, 2013, 09:51
Just an update on Carabelle for any of you'll who might be interested. I'm presently having all kinds of difficulties with my internet provider. I can't get the zip to load here at the Outhouse. It will start and then drop out. I can't send any attachements with my e-mails either. The earliest a technician can come to my house to check out my connection is next Tuesday.

Update to the Update: Well, I decided to give it one more try....it uploaded this time. Should be released for download sometime later today.
Go figure....

RD

falcon409
September 4th, 2013, 10:08
Good to hear RD. Lookin' forward to it.:applause:

rdaniell
September 4th, 2013, 10:12
Good to hear RD. Lookin' forward to it.:applause:

Thank you. This one is a case of deciding that if I was ever going to release it then release it. I kept coming up with more and more things to add. I think this is the largest of any of my projects.

RD