PDA

View Full Version : .....THE LAST ROSE OF SUMMER.....

beana51
August 30th, 2013, 17:22
Well Labor Day is near,Summer is leaving,and with it the Glories Days it gave us.For most Kids its Back to School,others ,Vacations are over.Activity at many small time air Strips slows .Yet ,with the first Yellow,or red leaf ,a quickening starts in most of us, The Deer are getting horny,the Bass bite harder,Cooler days,no mosquitoes,Weather patterns change,Our planes take off with vigor Time to sight in the Deer Rifles,take in the Corn,watch the pumpkins grow,anticipating Fall..Its Magic of course,the four seasons..so enjoy them all Vin<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nc55QYn970

Rudyjo
August 30th, 2013, 17:44
I am not sorry to see summer coming to an end.
It has been 85-105 degrees for the last 3 months, I am sick and tired of it.
I can't wait for the days when I wear a sweatshirt all day.
The perfect day for me is when it's cold, snowing or raining, staying in the house watching college football.

hawkeye52
August 30th, 2013, 19:00
I'm with you, Rudyjo! Florida sucks in the summer.

- H52

Rudyjo
August 30th, 2013, 19:39

- H52

I moved to Oregon 15 years ago from S. California to get away from the heat and traffic.
The traffic is getting worst and the weather is now almost the same as Calif. was when I left.
I can't believe that there are still some people who think that climate change is a joke.

Have you heard that by the end of this century, Miami will be almost completely under water?

beana51
August 30th, 2013, 20:11

- H52

I'am with you two..here on the Gulf coast its Purgatory..not fit for man or beast..as you know its Hurrican season..Gimme A BLIZARD anytime...Its A Swampy Bone yard for Old Geezers ...I was thinking of course ,in my post of a Differant Place In a differant time..where the four seasons was life..not so Here in FLORIDA.Yet The Rubes Are coming in big numbers..this to sit in an Air conditioned box,until carried out feet first.MADNESS.<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>

smoky942
August 30th, 2013, 23:48
[QUOTE=Rudyjo;832555]

I can't believe that there are still some people who think that climate change is a joke.

I don't think it's so much a case of believing climate change is a joke ... as not believing it's all man made. The planet came out of the ice age at a time when there were no factories, cars or planes. Personally, I believe it's more to do with a natural cycle of the planet. It was however, a good excuse to slap a "green" tax on everything that moves.

Bushpounder
August 31st, 2013, 03:00
I believe it was warmer here in Virginia this summer than it was in Florida. Many times we were 5-10 degrees warmer than Miami. That's crazy! I moved out of the Bone Yard 20+ years ago and don't miss the heat, the storms, the over-run of people, none of it. Come to Virginia, Vin. We have BEAUTIFUL seasons. All four of them too!!!

Don

beana51
August 31st, 2013, 03:29
In 1974,the same peddlers of FEAR were selling .."THE ICE AGE A COMING"..Same People,today still making a lot of money Selling "EARTH GETTING HOT Making the same Big Bucks..Lookie Gore!Filthy Rich...We are still coming out of the last ice age..Earth has had many ice ages and warming ups..This is a HOT subject with the GREEN people,who are currently destroying American Fossil Energy..This While The world says...UP YOURs......Experts both sides still have conflicting views..Ya can buy any opeion you want...Like I say this is a Volatile Subject..People go nuts,Civility out the window,Insults,Name calling..Politics Demonstration in the streets, Mass hysteria.....All I know my ancestors the Neanderthals would have welcomed a little heat..If it gets too hot for some..There is a nice place on the North Slope For them.Meanwhile Fall is Coming.Farmers Almanac predicts a harsh cold winter..Lets have this discussion in January...Have Fun!<label for="rb_iconid_24">http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif</label>

Summer of 2013 among coolest on record in Alabama, continues cooling trend, climatologist says....WHATS THAT??

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-141-s&va=1974+ice+age+coming

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57600023/farmers-almanac-predicts-a-bitterly-cold-winter/

Odie
August 31st, 2013, 09:50
I am not sorry to see summer coming to an end.
It has been 85-105 degrees for the last 3 months, I am sick and tired of it.
I can't wait for the days when I wear a sweatshirt all day.
The perfect day for me is when it's cold, snowing or raining, staying in the house watching college football.

Rudyjo, it's the same here in Texas but without the humidity. Although, this summer has been mild and with more rain than last
summer. After living in Illinois for 12 years, it was good to leave the land of grayness (where you can have 4-5 months of your
type of perfect day) :mixedsmi:. The Summers were perfect, but the Winters were long and dreary. Much prefer the 50 degree average
temp of a Texas winter. Although I will say, that Christmas in IL was good since we'd usually have a foot of snow on the ground, temp
of 20 degrees. Nothing more Christmas-like than getting up early Christmas morning and seeing the sun lighting up the snow and
the trees (we lived in the middle of a forest preserve). I suppose every area has its goods/bads depending on the person.

beana51
August 31st, 2013, 10:16
In Florida Santa Wears Shorts and a Tank Shirt....the Elves wear Burkas......I think after a whole life in the North East,with our BEAUTIFUL SNOW,to experience a TROPICAL Christmas? CULTURE SHOCK!!...Yes I know Most of the world is in moderate climate.But At My age?...Too Old Of A Dog!....gotta tell ya tho,POINSETTIA Grow Wild Here..That Symbol Of Christmas.Go Figure!...Wishing all a Preemptive Christmas!,HO ! HO! HO!....Gotta Get Outta the Dam sun.Vin

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/GEDC0015_zps11b93814.jpg (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/beana51/media/GEDC0015_zps11b93814.jpg.html)

Odie
August 31st, 2013, 11:54
Good pic, beana!

Rudyjo
August 31st, 2013, 13:54
beana51.... Is that what the weather looks like on December 25th?

luckydog
August 31st, 2013, 16:15
You're looking pretty average according to Medford's weather history.......

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?location=USOR0215

Rudyjo
August 31st, 2013, 17:13
The chart shows an average of 87 degrees for the month of August.
The entire month has been between 89 to 105 degrees.
What has made it so bad is that there are multiple fires going north of us that are now into their third week.
Add the severe smoke onto the above temperatures and it has been a lousy place to be.

luckydog
August 31st, 2013, 21:32
The chart shows an average of 87 degrees for the month of August.
The entire month has been between 89 to 105 degrees.
What has made it so bad is that there are multiple fires going north of us that are now into their third week.
Add the severe smoke onto the above temperatures and it has been a lousy place to be.

I hear ya.........plus you're sitting in a valley surrounded by mountains. The temperature drop heading west is impressive.
Back in the summers of '87-'88, I was a white-water river guide on the Rogue, Klamath, and Smith. LOVE that area !!

Gdavis101
August 31st, 2013, 22:40
I am not sorry to see it go either, tired of all the tourists out on the coast! Wouldn't be so bad if they knew how to drive, but most just drive with blinders on.

Rudyjo
September 1st, 2013, 02:13
That's why it's called the Rouge Valley. The heat gets trapped here and it's got nowhere to go.
Thankfully it does cool off at night. There is usually a 10 degree drop in temperature in Ashland to the south or Grants Pass to the north.

When we moved up here in 1996, we lived in Klamath Falls. I remember a couple of winters when I would spend almost the entire day on the roof shoveling snow.
In the back of the house where I threw most of the snow off, it built up so high that the windows were covered and I could actually walk up the snow to get onto the roof.

The Rouge Valley is very nice except for the summer heat, lots of grape growing in the area, it's a nice area for taking the Miata out for a drive through the two lane rural parts.
What is keeping us here is the great medical services, it's a very popular retirement area.

If we can afford it, we would like to get a small house over on the coast which is not that far from here and spend most of the summer there.
Gdavis.......A lot of those tourists are those the people we tried to get away from who come up from California. Yeah, I used to be one of them.
I can't tell you how jealous I get when Medford has 95 degree heat and I look at the weather and it's 68 along the coast.