PDA

View Full Version : Tristar offer from Just Flight

dhasdell
August 29th, 2013, 09:46
Just Flight are offering their Tristar for £5, €6 or $8 for 24 hours only, ending 17.00 UK time (22 hours from this post) Friday 30th. Normal price €37.95.
http://www.justflight.com/

big-mike
August 29th, 2013, 09:59
Just wanted to post the same-----dl now.
Michael

:running:

Navy Chief
August 29th, 2013, 10:14
Am getting this later today....Whoo hoo! NC

Montie
August 29th, 2013, 10:38
A no brainer at that price, downloading now:jump:

Bruce Thompson
August 29th, 2013, 10:55
Even better I found that I had 245 Bonus points at JF, so I got it for £2.55. :jump::jump::jump:

TheGrunt
August 29th, 2013, 11:12
It seems that someone else is downloading this too. It took a while to get my download started and I'm getting about 30kB/s :mixedsmi:

Bruce Thompson
August 29th, 2013, 11:20
It seems that someone else is downloading this too. It took a while to get my download started and I'm getting about 30kB/s :mixedsmi:

Yep, mine says it's going to take 4 hours plus to dl.

GB
August 29th, 2013, 11:27
6 hours for my s...l.. o....w connection. It is an amazing offer so there should be too many downloading right now, but thanks to justflight's unrestricted download policy you can do it any time you like.

TheGrunt
August 29th, 2013, 11:31
6 hours for my s...l.. o....w connection. It is an amazing offer so there should be too many downloading right now, but thanks to justflight's unrestricted download policy you can do it any time you like.
This. I cancelled my download and try again tomorrow. I have a 100Mbit/s connection, so I usually get these 1-4MB/s even from the overseas depending on the store and the bandwidth they have.

pbearsailor
August 29th, 2013, 11:48
:icon_lol: I've got a data cap on my home connection, so I usually go to the library and use their WiFi for big downloads. Only 9 hours and 57 minutes to go. Maybe not today.

-steve :wavey:

FSX68
August 29th, 2013, 12:04
D/L now. Painfully slow. With Brownie points only $3.95. 35.5 KB sec. :engel016:

RAS_JF
August 29th, 2013, 12:17
Hi,
Rather a lot of you downloading at the moment so we've just switched on our premium delivery server. You will need to restart the download in order to use the replacement server. Just go to your account -> Purchase Details and click on the download link. It should be with you momentarily after that.

Thanks
Rich

Montie
August 29th, 2013, 12:29
Hi,
Rather a lot of you downloading at the moment so we've just switched on our premium delivery server. You will need to restart the download in order to use the replacement server. Just go to your account -> Purchase Details and click on the download link. It should be with you momentarily after that.

Thanks
Rich

Thank you:salute:

Roger
August 29th, 2013, 13:46
Got mine:engel016:

Tako_Kichi
August 29th, 2013, 14:09
Looks like the Just Flight site has fallen over due to loads. :isadizzy:

Neither FF nor IE9 can find the secure payment site so I can't buy it at the moment. :icon_eek:

EDIT: Sorted! It was a cookies issue, once I allowed cookies for the secure site everything worked as it should.

UnknownGuest12
August 29th, 2013, 16:37
Got mine at 3.57 gb/s, and for less than 3 euros, had some points to spare....

Excellent deal :applause:

warchild
August 29th, 2013, 17:56
Well, i guess they dont want my money.. I keep klicking on Buy now and nothing happens. I cant even find a place to log in.. Its pretty disappointing actually..

::EDIT:: Problem solved.. When firefox fails, Just use safari.. :)..

OleBoy
August 29th, 2013, 19:05
For that price if I were into tube liners this would be a must-buy. C'est la vie :mixedsmi:

dvj
August 30th, 2013, 06:57
Got it! Took about an hour to download. Has a nice sound set, fun to fly, gets to over speed very quickly. Great deal for $8.
d

UnknownGuest12
August 30th, 2013, 07:05
Got it! Took about an hour to download. Has a nice sound set, fun to fly, gets to over speed very quickly. Great deal for $8.
d

Sound is just perfect...have a few years as a Cabin Superviser on this plane and the sound in cockpit brought me some good memories...

warchild
August 30th, 2013, 08:24
Sound is just perfect...have a few years as a Cabin Superviser on this plane and the sound in cockpit brought me some good memories...

I'm glad you brought that up.. I had the impression that the engine sounds in the cockpit were somewhat loud.. Was it really that noisy??

cortomalteseit
August 30th, 2013, 08:37
It's a great aircraft, thanks JustFlight!!!

dhasdell
August 30th, 2013, 08:59
Now here's a mildly interesting statistic: at Flightsim.com my post about this offer drew 2 replies and no purchasers; here there were 21 and quite a few.

UnknownGuest12
August 30th, 2013, 10:12
I'm glad you brought that up.. I had the impression that the engine sounds in the cockpit were somewhat loud.. Was it really that noisy??

More than 20 years ago, but yesterday when installed and run I instantly remember the sound. In and out, think it's what I recall although now I'm just a little deaf....Engines were Rolls-Royce think the ones modelled and yes, I would bet this sound it's the real thing, authentic. Used to seat behind Captain's seat and yeswhen you aply take-off power you got the same sound. Miss that kick in the back, that plane accelerates like a rocket...lots of power.

VCN-1
August 30th, 2013, 10:24
Does the Just Flight version have a quick start or do you need to follow a start up check list?

I purchased it but have not installed it. Price was to good to pass up.

VCN-1

Tako_Kichi
August 30th, 2013, 10:58
Does the Just Flight version have a quick start or do you need to follow a start up check list?
Just like most other planes, if your default flight is saved with the engine(s) running then any plane you load (with the exception of those few deliberately made to come in cold and dark) will come in with the engine(s) running.

Gdavis101
August 30th, 2013, 13:31
Great deal! Got mine. Thanks Just Flight!

flibinite
August 30th, 2013, 17:03
[QUOTE=VCN-1;832474]Does the Just Flight version have a quick start or do you need to follow a start up check list?

CTRL-E works, but the startup sequence is real simple anyway- battery on, APU on, push each engine starter switch and you're running. She does seem a little overpowered but another post noted she was a powerful bird so who am I to say. Seen comments elsewhere that say the EPR values are way off. For $8 I can live with it. Am thinking about trying a VC merge with one of the HJG models, but that may be beyond my ability.

DennyA
August 30th, 2013, 19:14
Argh, this came through when I was flying home from vacation and I missed it by 90 minutes. :(

Soo bummed. Loved flying in Delta L1011s to visit my dad when I was a kid.

Wish it had been a 36 hour sale!

expat
August 31st, 2013, 06:55
Also got the Tristar - always wanted a long range 500 version - and got a paint pack all in for about $7. Now if I only had computer to run FSX!

An-225
August 31st, 2013, 07:32
Does anyone know how to get the much vaunted Direct Lift Control system to work on this? I've set the flaps to 42, as per the real thing, but there is no appreciable change in handling. I.e., the yoke still controls pitch, not the spoiler deployment/lift coefficient.