PDA

View Full Version : Question about MTO airbases

stockplane
August 28th, 2013, 03:36
I have ultimate my MTO installations with all Rami campaign all works fine.
I have in the airbase list also these bases that not appears in the free flight list and in the related scenery folder these bases have'n the related AFD files, it is correct?

Saint-Paul's Bay SP
Kalafrana SP
Valetta French Creek SP
Hal Far Parking
Luqa Dispersal
Ta'Qali Dispersal

Thanks for any informations about.

Regards.

Rami
August 28th, 2013, 04:09
Stockplane,

That is a good question! You're correct on that point, however...

...as long as there is an airfield.dat entry, you can use mission builder to use that location is a starting point for a mission.

Example: Scramble! Our Radar has spotted a formation of German aircraft coming in from Sicily at Angels 16! We were not expecting action today, so you'll have to bring your Spitfire from the dispersal area to the runway before you can get airborne! Tear into the krauts, and then get your crate back down in one piece!

Discus
August 28th, 2013, 10:40
Stockplane,

That is a good question! You're correct on that point, however...

...as long as there is an airfield.dat entry, you can use mission builder to use that location is a starting point for a mission.

Example: Scramble! Our Radar has spotted a formation of German aircraft coming in from Sicily at Angels 16! We were not expecting action today, so you'll have to bring your Spitfire from the dispersal area to the runway before you can get airborne! Tear into the krauts, and then get your crate back down in one piece!

Thatīs bright Rami!! Havenīt thought of that. I always wanted to have to start a mission from an Hangar.

Opps. Thinking.... There is a problem: The way CFS2 code runs (at least thatīs my opinion from what I have experienced) you canīt have even a single wingman with you if you are not at the start of the runway and start at full speed and donīt stop until you are airborne. Because once you make your firsts meters, be them part of a take off run or just a move of your plane from dispersal to runway, CFS2 will interpret that you are taking off and will send your wingman on his own take off run at full speed, so it will smash his propeller through your plane and both go Kaboom!! Or if it doesnīt collide with you (you need to get your aircraft out off your wingman path) it will try to take off from the virtual runway in whatever direction it points through the airbase. It may succed but it will look ackward.
But it can be usefull for an intruder action, usually flown alone. You start at dusk in a Mosquito or Ju-88 and go fighting at night over bomber bases in England or Germany. Here again we run against CFS2 code limitations: AI gunners, be them behind an airborne machine gun or land based AA canon, have the same accuracy at night than in daylight, while the flyer has his vision limited at night. And making DPs specifically for this kind of mission itīs ...well, too much.

Cheers, Discus

Rami
August 28th, 2013, 10:49
Thatīs bright Rami!! Havenīt thought of that. I always wanted to have to start a mission from an Hangar.

Opps. Thinking.... There is a problem: The way CFS2 code runs (at least thatīs my opinion from what I have experienced) you canīt have even a single wingman with you if you are not at the start of the runway and start at full speed and donīt stop until you are airborne. Because once you make your firsts meters, be them part of a take off run or just a move of your plane from dispersal to runway, CFS2 will interpret that you are taking off and will send your wingman on his own take off run at full speed, so it will smash his propeller through your plane and both go Kaboom!! Or if it doesnīt collide with you (you need to get your aircraft out off your wingman path) it will try to take off from the virtual runway in whatever direction it points through the airbase. It may succed but it will look ackward.

But it can be usefull for an intruder action, usually flown alone. You start at dusk in a Mosquito or Ju-88 and go fighting at night over bomber bases in England or Germany. Here again we run against CFS2 code limitations: AI gunners, be them behind an airborne machine gun or land based AA canon, have the same accuracy at night than in daylight, while the flyer has his vision limited at night. And making DPs specifically for this kind of mission itīs ...well, too much.

Cheers, Discus

Discus,

Why make it so complicated? Set yourself up as a solo flight, and have another flight (your wingmen already on the runway) taking off before you...(i.e. - Hurry up, you slowpoke!) ...or spawn the other friendly aircraft at the next waypoint. :jump:

Al's missions for his version of the 75th use the multiple runways at Port Moresby for exactly that purpose. It's a really cool effect and enhances the realistic feel of the campaign.

stockplane
August 30th, 2013, 03:31
Thanks Rami now i have understad.

Another little question

I have discovered that in my MTO installation are missed the following objects:

af_nielson_fsb
af_nielson_hgr
af_nielson_twr

Were i can find them?

Last think if you need some translations in italian language i can translate for you i am italian.

Regards.

Rami
August 30th, 2013, 08:20
Stockplane,

Right here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=45&id=4250